Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton Isn't Only Against Reparations, She Accepted Money from Prison Lobbyists

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015

First and foremost, Ta-Nehisi Coates is a brilliant journalist and I agree with him on
the case for reparations. Everyone should read his groundbreaking piece in The Atlantic titled The Case for Reparations. It highlights why the African American experience is unique in every way, from slavery and Jim Crow, to the Civil Rights era and today's lasting effects in the black community from such devastating chapters in U.S. history.

Like Coates, I too wish Bernie Sanders,
Hillary Clinton and Martin O'Malley would support reparations (especially since African Americans vote over 90 percent Democrat), however this isn't the case. For the record, I support reparations.

However, when Coates asks why Bernie Sanders fails to address white supremacy, and completely ignores Hillary Clinton's
"abysmal" record on racial justice, as well as numerous other ties held by both Clintons to the structural injustices currently faced by African Americans, Latinos, and other communities, then some context is needed.

There's only one leading Democratic candidate in 2016 who embodies white supremacy, privilege and financial ties to the economic and political system defining these concepts. The other leading Democratic candidate is named Bernie Sanders, and his political philosophy has been likened to Martin Luther King's by
Dr. Cornell West, Ohio State Senator Nina Turner, and rap artist Killer Mike.

Therefore, let's look at why Hillary Clinton, not Bernie Sanders, should be singled out as furthering white supremacy and privilege.

Hillary Clinton ran a controversial 3 a.m. ad against Barack Obama in 2008 that Harvard's Orlando Patterson believes contained a
"racist sub-message." Upon viewing the images within Clinton's political advertisement, Patterson wrote that "I couldn't help but think of D. W. Griffith's 'Birth of a Nation.'"

Read more

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/hillary-clinton-reparations_b_9047760.html

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009

First and foremost, Ta-Nehisi Coates is a brilliant journalist and I agree with him on
the case for reparations. Everyone should read his groundbreaking piece in The Atlantic titled The Case for Reparations. It highlights why the African American experience is unique in every way, from slavery and Jim Crow, to the Civil Rights era and today's lasting effects in the black community from such devastating chapters in U.S. history.

Like Coates, I too wish Bernie Sanders,
Hillary Clinton and Martin O'Malley would support reparations (especially since African Americans vote over 90 percent Democrat), however this isn't the case. For the record, I support reparations.

However, when Coates asks why Bernie Sanders fails to address white supremacy, and completely ignores Hillary Clinton's
"abysmal" record on racial justice, as well as numerous other ties held by both Clintons to the structural injustices currently faced by African Americans, Latinos, and other communities, then some context is needed.

There's only one leading Democratic candidate in 2016 who embodies white supremacy, privilege and financial ties to the economic and political system defining these concepts. The other leading Democratic candidate is named Bernie Sanders, and his political philosophy has been likened to Martin Luther King's by
Dr. Cornell West, Ohio State Senator Nina Turner, and rap artist Killer Mike.

Therefore, let's look at why Hillary Clinton, not Bernie Sanders, should be singled out as furthering white supremacy and privilege.

Hillary Clinton ran a controversial 3 a.m. ad against Barack Obama in 2008 that Harvard's Orlando Patterson believes contained a
"racist sub-message." Upon viewing the images within Clinton's political advertisement, Patterson wrote that "I couldn't help but think of D. W. Griffith's 'Birth of a Nation.'"

Read more

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/hillary-clinton-reparations_b_9047760.html
Thanks for posting this.

This government is obviously flawed.

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
13 Mainstream Corporations Benefiting from the Prison Industrial Complex

Prison labor in the United States is referred to as insourcing.

Under the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), employers receive a tax credit of $2,400 for every work-release inmate they employ as a reward for hiring “risky target groups.

The workers are not only cheap labor, but they are considered easier to control. They also tend to be African-American males. Companies are free to avoid providing benefits like health insurance or sick days. They also don’t need to worry about unions, demands for vacation time, raises or family issues.
equipment assembly services;
93 percent of paints and paintbrushes;
92 percent of stove assembly;
46 percent of body armor;
36 percent of home appliances;
30 percent of headphones/microphones/speakers; and
21 percent of office furniture.
Airplane parts,
medical supplies and much more:
prisoners are even raising seeing-eye dogs for blind people.”

With all of that productivity, the inmates make about 90 cents to $4 a day.

Here are some of the biggest corporations to use such practices, but there are hundreds more:
Whole Foods
McDonalds
Wendeys

Walmart
Starbucks
Sprint
Verizon Wireless
Victor Secrets
Fidelity investments
JcPenny
American Airline
Avis

I'm sure most everyone on Destee know these things. Just like to put it out there as a reminder. Always on my mind.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
13 Mainstream Corporations Benefiting from the Prison Industrial Complex

Prison labor in the United States is referred to as insourcing.

Under the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), employers receive a tax credit of $2,400 for every work-release inmate they employ as a reward for hiring “risky target groups.

The workers are not only cheap labor, but they are considered easier to control. They also tend to be African-American males. Companies are free to avoid providing benefits like health insurance or sick days. They also don’t need to worry about unions, demands for vacation time, raises or family issues.
equipment assembly services;
93 percent of paints and paintbrushes;
92 percent of stove assembly;
46 percent of body armor;
36 percent of home appliances;
30 percent of headphones/microphones/speakers; and
21 percent of office furniture.
Airplane parts,
medical supplies and much more:
prisoners are even raising seeing-eye dogs for blind people.”

With all of that productivity, the inmates make about 90 cents to $4 a day.

Here are some of the biggest corporations to use such practices, but there are hundreds more:
Whole Foods
McDonalds
Wendeys

Walmart
Starbucks
Sprint
Verizon Wireless
Victor Secrets
Fidelity investments
JcPenny
American Airline
Avis

I'm sure most everyone on Destee know these things. Just like to put it out there as a reminder. Always on my mind.

Exactly! This is modern day slavery. It is easy to think that you or one of your beloved could never get caught up in this system, because you're law abiding citizens. But, looking at the statistics and many of the cases, that could just be wishful thinking. My city has FIVE prisons!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Libya : Africans are being sold at Libyan slave markets. Thanks, Hillary Clinton Libya 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : computer-science-experts-recommend-hillary-clinton-challenge-election-results Black People Politics 3
Liberty Black People Politics : Here's why President Obama is unlikely to pardon Hillary Clinton Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Black Turnout Soft in Early Voting, Boding Ill for Hillary Clinton Black People Politics 44
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : black dems-demand hillary-clinton-spend money on down ballot races Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black People Politics : SEE IT: New Hillary Clinton campaign ad aimed at African-American voters takes place in barbershop, Black People Politics 5
Liberty Black People Politics : The #TrumpTape Debate: Either Hillary Clinton Wins Tonight or America has Lost its Way Black People Politics 0
Queenie Law Forum : Hillary Clinton's Email Protocol: Lessons in eDiscovery. Say what? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
alcase Black People Politics : Will The Real Hillary Clinton Please Stand Up Black People Politics 4
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Hillary Clinton to whites about Terence Crutcher: ‘This is not who we are’ Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Republicans Are Already Planning How to Ruin a Hillary Clinton Presidency Black People Politics 2
Destee Black People Politics : Great Hillary Clinton Commercial - Role Models Black People Politics 0
bearwarrior Black People Politics : Question - why many Blacks are choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 84
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama called out Hillary Clinton over her 'Colored People's Time' joke Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : KKK Leader Endorses Hillary Clinton In Off Chance She's Undercover Hitler Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton wins South Carolina as Bernie Sanders flops with black voters Black People Politics 7
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders: stop valuing black votes over black lives Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton Should Ask for Black America's Forgiveness Before She Asks for its Vote Black People Politics 28
shaka64 Black People Politics : The Clinton Legacy Is Black Impoverishment—so Why Are We Still Voting for Hillary? Black People Politics 61
Liberty Black People Politics : A Scrambling Hillary Clinton Stirs Up Congressional Black Caucus PAC Endorsement Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Here's Why Black People Should Think Twice Before Voting For Hillary Clinton Black People Politics 6
Liberty Black People Politics : On Hillary Clinton's Overwhelming Support Among African Americans Black People Politics 159
Liberty Black People Politics : House Majority Leader: FBI Set to Indict Hillary Clinton Black People Politics 5
Liberty Black People Politics : Jan. 7, 2008: The Day Hillary Clinton Lost the Black Vote Black People Politics 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : How the FBI Could Derail Hillary Clinton’s Presidential Run Black People Politics 201
Liberty Black People Politics : Joe Biden’s secret weapon against Hillary Clinton? Honesty. Black People Politics 0
Aluku Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton Admires this racist Black People Politics 2
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Journalist Robert Scheer, editor of Truthdig.com is going in on Hillary Clinton for President Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton Gives A Few Reasons Why She May Not Run Black People Politics 2
Kadijah Black People Politics : Stephen Colbert figures out that Hillary Clinton is Solange to the GOP's Jay Z Black People Politics 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Hillary Clinton: “We Created Al Qaeda”. The Protagonists of the “Global War on Terrorism” are the Te Black People Open Forum 8
D Black People : Rev. Al Sharpton urges Hillary Clinton: Watch what you say Black People Open Forum 6
R Black People : Is Hillary Clinton a CarpertBagger Black People Open Forum 0
S Black People : IF GIVEN THE CHANCE...WHAT QUESTIONS WOULD YOU ASK SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON? Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Black People : Hillary Clinton Crying Black People Open Forum 0
A Black Astrology : BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON... Black Astrology 4
A Black Jokes Humor : hillary clinton Black Jokes Humor 5
Angela22 Black People Politics : Do Y'all Really Believe Hillary Would Have Been Better for Black America than Trump... Black People Politics 126
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : A Trump & Hillary Poem Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : ELECTION DAY OBAMA good true roller but the drama is over I guess // We’ll wait for HILLARY to bring Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Liberty Black People Politics : WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Racist Hillary Trashes African Americans – Calls Them Losers Black People Politics 134
Queenie Black People Politics : Black women and Hillary Black People Politics 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Takes In THREE TIMES As Much Hedge Fund Money As '08 Obama Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black Women : HILLARY WINS Black Women 23
willa Black People Politics : Hillary: Secret History of Democratic Party Black People Politics 78
Liberty Black People Politics : Black Dems aren’t turning out for Hillary like they did for Obama Black People Politics 1
crwn Black People Politics : Hillary Emails, Gold Dinars and Arab Springs Black People Politics 1
ru2religious Black People Politics : Why in the ???? Are we voting for Hillary? Black People Politics 193
Liberty Black People Politics : Bernie And Hillary Have The Same Position On Slavery Reparations......... Black People Politics 37
RAPTOR Black People Politics : The Ascent of Hillary, the $.2.5 Billion “People’s” Candidate Black People Politics 5