Kenya : Herman Cain Thinks Obama Was Raised in Kenya

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said in an interview with Bloomberg View columnist Jeffrey Goldberg last week that President Barack Obama was "raised in Kenya."
The suggestion from the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza came in an exchange about why the GOP hopeful doesn't consider himself an African American.

"I am an American. Black. Conservative," he said in explaining his view on the matter. "I don’t use African American, because I’m American, I’m black and I’m conservative. I don’t like people trying to label me. African American is socially acceptable for some people, but I am not some people."
Cain said that he considers himself to be "a black man in America" and feels stronger ties to the United States than to Africa. He suggested his perspective has been informed by the fact that he can trace most of his ancestors to the U.S. and it also "goes back to slavery."

The presidential contender went on to draw a contrast between himself and the president, who he described as "more of an international," before suggesting "he was raised in Kenya."
In an interview with The Atlantic's Joshua Green at the Conservative Political Action Conference earlier this year, Cain was asked whether he believes Obama was born in the United States.
"I have no idea," he said at the time. "The fact that it has become an issue, or a controversy, does raise a question that I can't say that I feel one way or the other because I have not reviewed all the various 'proof' one way or another."

While Cain has generally been regarded as a longshot contender in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, recent polls show the GOP hopeful making headway in his pursuit of the White House.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/13/herman-cain-obama-was-rai_n_875896.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said in an interview with Bloomberg View columnist Jeffrey Goldberg last week that President Barack Obama was "raised in Kenya."
The suggestion from the former CEO of Godfather's Pizza came in an exchange about why the GOP hopeful doesn't consider himself an African American.

"I am an American. Black. Conservative," he said in explaining his view on the matter. "I don’t use African American, because I’m American, I’m black and I’m conservative. I don’t like people trying to label me. African American is socially acceptable for some people, but I am not some people."
Cain said that he considers himself to be "a black man in America" and feels stronger ties to the United States than to Africa. He suggested his perspective has been informed by the fact that he can trace most of his ancestors to the U.S. and it also "goes back to slavery."

The presidential contender went on to draw a contrast between himself and the president, who he described as "more of an international," before suggesting "he was raised in Kenya."
In an interview with The Atlantic's Joshua Green at the Conservative Political Action Conference earlier this year, Cain was asked whether he believes Obama was born in the United States.
"I have no idea," he said at the time. "The fact that it has become an issue, or a controversy, does raise a question that I can't say that I feel one way or the other because I have not reviewed all the various 'proof' one way or another."

While Cain has generally been regarded as a longshot contender in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, recent polls show the GOP hopeful making headway in his pursuit of the White House.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/13/herman-cain-obama-was-rai_n_875896.html

........:cry:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Feather Podcasts / MP3s / Audio : It Feels Good to be a Banksta (feat. Herman Cain) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
legit-writer Audio Video Web Conferencing : Herman Cain has another accuser for sexual harrassment lol Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Black People : Ann Coulter on Herman Cain: "Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks" Black People Open Forum 2
Black-king Black Entertainment : Was Herman Cain right about Black people being brain-washed? Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll; Perry Distant Second Black People Politics 194
Destee Black People : Herman Cain - Applying for 2012 Job Opening Black People Open Forum 84
Kemetstry Black People : Trouble In Alphaville? - Herman “Skip” Mason - Alpha Phi Alpha Head Man - Accused of Stealing? Black People Open Forum 98
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Mark of Cain Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
rapunzal24 Black Spirituality Religion : Where did Cain get his wife from? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 150
1poetsought Black Poetry : Raising Cain Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
rapunzal24 Black Spirituality Religion : The children of Cain Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 200
Ankhur Black People : Cain "End Minimum Wage!" will get Wall st and Fortune 500 support Black People Open Forum 4
Ankhur Black People Politics : Cain and Obama plan same Agenda for Africa?? Black People Politics 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Thebes, Egypt: Cain's Land of Nod AACOOLDRE 1
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Cain and Abel Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 65
river Black Jokes Humor : You Cain't Get No Drunker Then This Black Jokes Humor 4
I Black Spirituality Religion : The Birth Of Cain And Abel < Part One > Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
M Black Spirituality Religion : Cain and Abel, Mixing them up...... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
SwagII Black Women : He thinks You are actually his property, I wonder why? Black Women 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Did Satan Create Catholicism? Trump-Supporting Pastor Robert Jeffress Thinks So Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Kemetstry Black People : WHAT TRUMP REALLY THINKS OF SISTERS Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Nick Cannon Won’t Vote for President but He Thinks You Should Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Mike Huckabee Thinks Black People Can't Legally Become American Citizens Black People Politics 0
Kadijah Black People Politics : China thinks it can defeat America in battle Black People Politics 39
RAPTOR Black People : Donald Sterling Thinks He Owns Basketball Players, But He Really DOES Own the NAACP Black People Open Forum 1
info-moetry Black Picture Image Gallery : this guy thinks he's me..... Black Picture Image Gallery 38
MsInterpret Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : SHE THINKS SHE'S NATURAL.... Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 16
Gorilla Black People Politics : SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters Black People Politics 8
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : steve harvey thinks an atheist is an "idiot" and doesn't "like" them. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
K Black People Politics : Anyone else thinks that Obama is an Al Queda inflitrator? Black People Politics 2
D Black Entertainment : “Oprah thinks African Girls Deserve My Charity More than American Girls… Black Entertainment 0
D Black Women : Trying to get you to thinks says author of popular black women books Black Women 0
P Black Sports : ESPN Sportswriter thinks WNBA is a failed experiment! Black Sports 9
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : She thinks.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : Discrimination(Thought you might wanna know what America really thinks...) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3