African American History Culture : Her ancestors were enslaved in the U.S. Now a Trump decision could lead to her deportation to Africa

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Her Liberian ancestors were enslaved in the U.S. Now a Trump decision could lead to her deportation to Africa

Former American slaves were moved to Liberia in the 1800s to solve the “problem” of black and white people living alongside each other. Their descendants are facing the same journey

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...term=.9353aa82e084&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1
...Afomu Kelley was just 11 years old when she left Liberia with her mother in the early days of a civil war in 1990. She remembers standing in a crowd jostling to board an airplane to the United States for what she thought would be a six-week vacation.

On March 31, the program that has allowed Kelley and more than 800 other Liberian immigrants to live legally in the United States for decades will end, the result of President Trump’s decision to terminate a protection against deportation that has been in place for nearly 28 years.

By Orion Donovan-Smith
https://www.washingtonpost.com/resi...aws.com/public/L2E4A2EYIJBWHGTEKEABWVHF2E.jpg
Afomu Kelley stands outside of her home in Greenbelt, Md., on Feb. 25. (Orion Donovan-Smith/for The Washington Post)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Ancestors : Our Ancient Ancestors Were Forced From Africa 60,000 Years Ago by Climate Change Honoring Black Ancestors 0
Destee Black People : Can You Prove Your Ancestors Were Slaves? Black People Open Forum 27
A Black Spirituality Religion : WERE MY AFRICAN ANCESTORS MUSLIM?... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 93
A Black Spirituality Religion : How does one find out who their Ancestors were? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: 13 School University (My Ancestors Are The Books) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
nilevalley Black People : Look at the incredible gifts my African ancestors passed to me Black People Open Forum 1
TotalView Black Poetry : A Note From The Ancestors Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Ancestors Speak: A Conversation Between Former Slaves And Union General Sherman African American History Culture 1
tarhaka bey Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: America's Wealth......From the Backs of Our Ancestors Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Tom Jones Is Getting His DNA Tested To See If He Has ‘Black Ancestors’ Science and Technology 11
S African Traditional Religion : Honoring Ancestors. African Traditional Religion Study Group 15
Blackbird Black People : An Update: The ANCESTORS and SPIRITS are REAL - not fake (A fascinating journey to the Realm) Black People Open Forum 63
T Black People : How much do you know about your family's ancestors? Black People Open Forum 98
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Hidden ancestors of Mankind & The Gospels AACOOLDRE 0
Each1teach1 Black People : Unknown No longer, finding enslaved ancestors online!! Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People : Disturbing Abusive African Describes How He Sold Our Ancestors ( Hebrews ) Into Slavery Black People Open Forum 16
S Black Spirituality Religion : Angelic Ancestors Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Kamau47 Black People : Beloved Family Member Now With Ancestors Black People Open Forum 14
NUBIANNINJA Black Spirituality Religion : THE UNIVERSE IS "MENTAL" "ALL" IS "ANCESTORS" (BETTER KNOWN AS) "SELF-KNOWLEDGE”) AKA "DARK MATTER E Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
ckoolbreez Black People Politics : Mitt Romney: I Can Relate To Black People, My Ancestors Once Owned Slaves Black People Politics 25
Each1teach1 Black Spirituality Religion : Pouring Out Digital Libations for those who now walk with the Ancestors. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
OldSoul OldSoul : Sunday Noon ET CHAT Today's Topic: A Knowledge Gift From Our Ancestors OldSoul 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Ancestors!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
Onyemobi Black People : Honoring your Ancestors Black People Open Forum 2
river African Traditional Religion : Ancestors and the Orun African Traditional Religion Study Group 3
Keita Kenyatta Black Ancestors : QUEEN'S RETURN TO THE ANCESTORS Honoring Black Ancestors 51
C Black Ancestors : We must not forget our Ancestors! Honoring Black Ancestors 6
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Godly Angels Our Ancient Divine First Way Ancestors Chief Elder Osiris 0
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : For the Sake of the Ancestors, how about one day of peace? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
I Black People : African Ancestors Found-Journey Accomplished! Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Did Some Black Afrikans Of Afrika Profit From The Enslavement Of Our Ancestors? Chief Elder Osiris 4
A Black Spirituality Religion : Tale of the African Christian and her 'Demonic' Ancestors Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 25
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Our Enslaved Ancestors And Reparation Chief Elder Osiris 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : The Great Ancestors Are Alive And Into Metaphysics Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
S Black Spirituality Religion : Honouring the Spirit of Our Ancestors. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
S Black Spirituality Religion : BREATH OF MY ANCESTORS Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Osiris Appeal To The Ancestors In Agony Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Spiritual Blocking Our Connection To The Ancestors Chief Elder Osiris 0
Tariq Muhammad Black Spirituality Religion : Ancestors Invocation Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Insensitivity Of Afrikan Americans Toward Our Enslaved Ancestors Chief Elder Osiris 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : ANCESTORS AS ELDERS IN AFRICA Black People Open Forum 1
lilpea Black People : "Confused about the Ancestors" Black People Open Forum 7
P Black Spirituality Religion : Dreams of Ancestors and Cobras Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Y Black Spirituality Religion : Veneration of negative Ancestors with major issues? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHITE ANCESTORS ? Chief Elder Osiris 48
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : SHOULD WE ACKNOWLEDGE WHITE ANCESTORS? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 55
M Black People : A Message from the Ancestors* Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : OUR FIRST WAY ANCESTORS HAVE DELIVERED TO US THE WEAPON THAT WILL SECURE OUR SAFETY A Chief Elder Osiris 23
river Black Spirituality Religion : Was Christianity the Only Thing Our Ancestors Has Suring Slavery? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 26
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE LIES WE TELL ABOUT OUR ANCIENT ANCESTORS Chief Elder Osiris 10