Black Women : He thinks You are actually his property, I wonder why?

SwagII

May 26, 2019
I am a:pi sunglasses: old school brutha, and since back in da day, I have often heard a black man in the heat of a argument:argue: tell his woman, wife, whatever, that 'she's his woman, or something to the effect that he' owns her, etc., I have listen to a many abusive man declare to a woman that he somehow owns her, etc. Whether they are married or not, They can just be friends, just two people in a monogamist relationship, etc. Yeah... Dudes have said it, :nono:"you my go*#^* woman! And you ain't going nowhere! And he will fight, etc. Now.. "what makes this man think that he in someway owns you?" Even I understand that marriage is not ownership of another etc. But what makes a man say that even if you are husband and wife, that you "belong" to him? I am sure that many women are thinking and saying the same thing regarding a man, etc. ! But, does marriage in your view give a person somehow ownership whether physically or mentally over the person he or she is married to, etc.? Or is this person:console: acting out as a want to be control freak? What do you think?

SwagII

May 26, 2019
Well woman does he in someway own you, just because you are in a relationship with him? Or why do men and women think this way? later....

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
Bride Price - Dowry- Man and wife.
Marriage is a Contract (covenant) in which the man Pledges (wedlock) to take care of the woman (ask for her hand) and her offsprings, by taking her from her family into his. Her primary job is provide offspring.
Bride Price ....man pays to woman family for right to her womb and labour.
Dowry....woman contribution to new family
Man and wife....the man status remains the same, he takes care of the woman - husband(house dweller).

Woman as Property
Up until sometime in the 1800 in the West, the man in most respects owned the woman, the further back you go in time the more true in most parts of the world that was..... except in Africa.
Still today in many parts of the world the man still have the rights of the woman as his prerogative in effect he owns the woman.
This type of ownership does not exclude her human rights

This all began to change with the growing popularity of Romanticism and Romantic Marriage in the West.

103 ao kiji

Dec 17, 2016
This is a lesson most will have to learn the hard way. This is the caucasoids way of thinking. Freedom to be was treated with a lot of importance back when we were in our right minds. Man and woman should benefit from each other when they come together. It should never be one sided nor fruitless. A successful relationship between men and women is when you both go away satisfied and thankful for the experience you had together. For the lessons learned and growth and development you were able to harvest from it. By working together you’ll learn how to better maximize your strengths and minimize your shortcomings. A relationship between a man and woman should always bear fruit, and not the bitter sort either.

SwagII

May 26, 2019
This is a lesson most will have to learn the hard way. This is the caucasoids way of thinking. Freedom to be was treated with a lot of importance back when we were in our right minds. Man and woman should benefit from each other when they come together. It should never be one sided nor fruitless. A successful relationship between men and women is when you both go away satisfied and thankful for the experience you had together. For the lessons learned and growth and development you were able to harvest from it. By working together you’ll learn how to better maximize your strengths and minimize your shortcomings. A relationship between a man and woman should always bear fruit, and not the bitter sort either.
Why exactly are saying this is a "Caucasoid" way of thinking? I am not understanding your logic here using this analogy, etc. Are you somehow inplying that black man do not think, nor act in this way, etc.?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Did Satan Create Catholicism? Trump-Supporting Pastor Robert Jeffress Thinks So Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Kemetstry Black People : WHAT TRUMP REALLY THINKS OF SISTERS Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Nick Cannon Won’t Vote for President but He Thinks You Should Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Mike Huckabee Thinks Black People Can't Legally Become American Citizens Black People Politics 0
Kadijah Black People Politics : China thinks it can defeat America in battle Black People Politics 39
RAPTOR Black People : Donald Sterling Thinks He Owns Basketball Players, But He Really DOES Own the NAACP Black People Open Forum 1
info-moetry Black Picture Image Gallery : this guy thinks he's me..... Black Picture Image Gallery 38
MsInterpret Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : SHE THINKS SHE'S NATURAL.... Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 16
Gorilla Black People Politics : SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters Black People Politics 8
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : steve harvey thinks an atheist is an "idiot" and doesn't "like" them. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
MsInterpret Kenya : Herman Cain Thinks Obama Was Raised in Kenya Kenya 6
K Black People Politics : Anyone else thinks that Obama is an Al Queda inflitrator? Black People Politics 2
D Black Entertainment : “Oprah thinks African Girls Deserve My Charity More than American Girls… Black Entertainment 0
D Black Women : Trying to get you to thinks says author of popular black women books Black Women 0
P Black Sports : ESPN Sportswriter thinks WNBA is a failed experiment! Black Sports 9
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : She thinks.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : Discrimination(Thought you might wanna know what America really thinks...) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : How to Actually Remove Pesticides From Your Fruit Assuming that you should be worried about them in the first place Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Can Exercise Actually Lower Your Blood Pressure? Black Health and Wellness 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ Fact Check: Was Queen Elizabeth’s Ambassador Actually Black? Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Here's What Eating a Thanksgiving Feast Actually Does to Your Body Black Health and Wellness 4
Senegal Black People Politics : Ben Carson Actually Said Something..... Black People Politics 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Eating Salt May Actually Help With Weight Loss, New Research Suggests Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : trumps-favorite-irish-proverb-is-actually-a-quote-from-a-nigerian-poet Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black People Politics : What would happen if nonvoters actually showed up? Hint: Republicans wouldn’t be happy Black People Politics 0
chuck Law Forum : What Actually Is Going Down In Charlotte North Carolina These Days? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
chuck Law Forum : let's share our feelings and thoughts about what we actually need to do about our peoples issues!! Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 35
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : so the 'black' movies r actually written by whites Black Entertainment 2
chuck Black People : What You Intend You Actually Intend To Do About Our Peoples Issues And Problems?? Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People : CAUGHT: #BlackLivesMatter Activist Shaun King is Actually White Black People Open Forum 83
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : The real reason Americans are worried about GMOs is actually a way bigger problem Food Discussion and Recipes 2
Eno Otu Black Spirituality Religion : Aren't Farrakhan's words in this video actually a TERRORISTIC THREAT? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 34
Phylecia African Traditional Religion : Easter: What are we actually celebrating? African Traditional Religion Study Group 6
legit-writer Black People : Are Victims Actually Victims? Black People Open Forum 59
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : Write This Down Because A Semite Does Not Actually Exist. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Destee Law Forum : What is a Green Card - Is It Actually Green? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
L Black People : THE ULTIMATE QUESTION... What does ownership actually mean??? Black People Open Forum 29
O Libya : How many here actually even know where libya is? Libya 2
A Black People : You Actually Had Your Language Taken, Thats Actually Even More Wicked Black People Open Forum 18
A Black Relationships : Is cheating actually wrong? Black Relationships 48
Khasm13 Khasm13 : Cali actually might legalize it..... Khasm13 18
D Black People : WHAT WAS THE LAST CD YOU ACTUALLY BOUGHT? Black People Open Forum 10
B Black People : Slavery! It didn't end there, it actually got worse. Black People Open Forum 3
M Black Poetry : I ACTUALLY FEEL THAT... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
M Black Poetry : I Actually Feel That... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
I Black Spirituality Religion : What Does The Word Genesis Actually Means ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
P Black Poetry : Its been a minute since I actually put some real good ish on here so here u go Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 21
D Black Poetry : For ladies.. actually men can really relate! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
ceebee The Police : American Cops Now Steal More Property Than All US Burglars Combined Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Enki Black People : Rule #11 - Respect People's Property - Include Only a Snippet and Link Black People Open Forum 0