Egypt : Have You Already Read "The Book of the Dead?"

emanuel goodman

I'd like to express my gratitude and apprectiation for all things Destee, but especially for this section of the forum.

In all of these past months searching for somehwere and someone to go to in order to discuss Medu Neteru, after finding the Denver Ausar Auset society to be inactive, I have at long last alighted to a place and people with which to share.

Words fail to convey the great irony that accompanies this discovery. It is the discovery of Self, and the resurrection of Ausar, embodied joy, soaring.

That I would follow this truth to this place, among the people to which it was discovered, cultivated, and to whom it belongs is a marvelous thing to me, given that I am white.

There is so much to convey, again words fail me. It is a mass of childhood struggles lived alongside your people in poverty. Decades of searching my soul, and the world over for this elusive truth, for the Way. That I would find it here amongst your people with whom I have sacrificed for, and with whom I have witnessed the travesty that is racist genocide and oppression, a lifetime series of events that has resulted in such profound fighting spirit in myself, seeing that resolute strength in you. A beautiful irony that perhaps I can only appreciate, failing in words to convey this supersynchronicity of meaning.

I have read Vol. I twice, and am starting on my second reading of Vol. II. I read the Pert Em Heru, but am at just the beginning, for I found it here for the fist time just yesterday alongside this section of the forum.

I am on the cusp of beginning level 1 initiation of the sorrows of Auset. I have been searching for so long with someone to discuss this discovery of Self with, this history of your people. Needless to say, with other whites it is impossible. And with black folk I know here in Colorado, they are unfamiliar with it. This must change the world over. The dissemination of truth is of utmost importance, not just for the world, but for your people and amongst them first.

For me, a lifetime of learning science, various branches thereof and numerous schools of thought, Medu Neteru is the Master List of sorts. The Master Scroll, the skeleton key to unlock the true meaning behind all. Neteru! Wondrous!

May you all dwell in the Order of the Divine, in humility I extend my gratitude, it is my hope that Spirit convey this, as words cannot contain nor convey the depth and intensity of my appreciation for truth, and those who come bearing it.

Hotep!

Penny
Unfortunately i had my copy destroyed in a flood a while ago. I was unable to understand the text at the time i first received it. The expression of thanks and love towards all things is conveyed by the scribe. Understanding that all these things are one and different aspects of this one entity is the key. The sciptures enclosed in the "book of the living" it's proper name are a giving thanx to the "gods" governing and maintaing this temporary illusion called life from the existense of the atom to organisims etc. I must retrieve another copy now that my understanding at this time is better.

gogounited

Unfortunately i had my copy destroyed in a flood a while ago. I was unable to understand the text at the time i first received it. The expression of thanks and love towards all things is conveyed by the scribe. Understanding that all these things are one and different aspects of this one entity is the key. The sciptures enclosed in the "book of the living" it's proper name are a giving thanx to the "gods" governing and maintaing this temporary illusion called life from the existense of the atom to organisims etc. I must retrieve another copy now that my understanding at this time is better.
Fascinating. It's the same for me sometimes, going back to look over texts and such with a new fine-tooth "comb" to glean new meaning after having new experiences over time. It's like reading something backwards after reading it forwards.

maf

On a marvelous journey.
Does the forum with the online version still exist? The link doesn't work currently. I would definitely like to begin reading and eventually get a physical copy.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Great add Brother Skuder ... Thanks! :toast:

:heart:

Destee

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
I have Budges original 1888 work...there is another newer copy of Budges work out that isn't the same. I also have Dr. Ashby's. I don't recommend this to anyone who has not studied our Kemetic history. Why? Because of how our ancestors wrote and the idea that a word may have several meanings depending on usage. Where we write from left to right, our ancestors wrote from left to right, right to left, top to bottom and bottom to top. They also wrote on the exoteric and esoteric levels....meaning that there was always a deeper internal meaning to what the masses only saw externally.

Actually the Bible was written the same way but "how many of us have a Metaphysical Bible Dictionary to know what it's really saying and what all those names and positions mean in there? Probably very few.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
I have Budges original 1888 work...there is another newer copy of Budges work out that isn't the same. I also have Dr. Ashby's. I don't recommend this to anyone who has not studied our Kemetic history. Why? Because of how our ancestors wrote and the idea that a word may have several meanings depending on usage. Where we write from left to right, our ancestors wrote from left to right, right to left, top to bottom and bottom to top. They also wrote on the exoteric and esoteric levels....meaning that there was always a deeper internal meaning to what the masses only saw externally.

Actually the Bible was written the same way but "how many of us have a Metaphysical Bible Dictionary to know what it's really saying and what all those names and positions mean in there? Probably very few.
If it has many meanings than surely the work here contains at least one of those meanings.. No one has the full story on these things so having access to as many sources as possible becomes very important.. Even if only 1 sentence in this book is true, it's still work having access to.. And I recommend everyone take a look.at it.

Seksen

After reading it I could see clearly why the Greek had to leave out most of it and re-write and change the parts that they did leave in it. Especially The 42 Laws Of Maat. After seeing the hatchet job that they put on those laws, every thing that they put in the Sepugent (The Greek Version Of The Bible) is suspect. I have Budges' and Ashbys' versions of this great literary work in my library. This book clears up also how the Mother Goddess was changed to a Holy Spirit or Ghost. Peace

thePreacher

Banned
Strictly speaking, there was/is not just one Book of the Dead [aka Book of Coming Forth Into Day]. As with the Bible, different scribes at different times did the best they could to accurately transcribe books other scribes before them had written.

And, of course, as languages go, English is far from an ideal language to convey the Word. Hence, English interpretations, whether by Budge or Ashby or whoever, are bound to be less than 100% syncretic with the Original Intent.

Still, the earnest student can unearth much treasure therein.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer