Black People : Has Black Culture Become A Fantasy Trip?

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
And how shall we face up to the reality checks/wake up calls??

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Hmmmm can you be more specific? I know there are things we have to face, and fix, but there are many of us that are helping in our own way. It's going to take time, and the more people we have helping, hopefully the faster this process will go.

Peace!

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
It just seems and sounds like folks tend to make it personal, choose to be subjective, the latest fad or trend matters, no collective identity, no commitment to do anything about our present issues/problems, etc. Just the opposite of what past generations were about, during the Civil Rights and Black Power eras....

FYI

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
It just seems and sounds like folks tend to make it personal, choose to be subjective, the latest fad or trend matters, no collective identity, no commitment to do anything about our present issues/problems, etc. Just the opposite of what past generations were about, during the Civil Rights and Black Power eras....

FYI
On these points, I totally agree. It seems that we are subconsciously following Yt. Like like this skin lighten fad...

Peace!

Dreya

Jul 14, 2014
GA
Occupation
Applied computer arts
apart from music and maybe usin the odd word or two im not even sure what black culture is - i mean theres some foods too that i guess are specific - but pretty much everything else yep we just follow Yt culture - even if people are active and arguing and doing things to sort out problems seems were still livin in a Yt culture - i mean i get up eat fruit loops, pull on jeans and a t shirt - head out to the mall etc etc etc - its all the same culture seems whether we was here or not - id sure like to know from others what they think black culture is - theres got to more to it aint there?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuck Black People : Has Gangsta Rap Swag Jacked Black Culture? Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Killer Mike's majority Black and Latino owned online bank already has 'tens of thousands' on the waiting list Black Money Business Jobs 0
K The Front Porch : The British Black Monarchy. The King has 3Wives The Front Porch 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Divine Spiritual Integrity Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : What Has Happened To The Black Nationalist Pan Afrikans? Black People Open Forum 0
A Black Poetry : You are supernatural sexy, beyond beautiful. Your sexy dark skin has conquered my heart. Leather is like a black gem Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Cats try Ebonics and fail it's black English so exact and distinguish it has a diatonic scale it's s Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ndugu Black People : Trump has put a Lock Down , on all Pro-active Black Community Convo , online! Black People Open Forum 14
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Coates vs. West: Feud has its roots in long tradition of black intellectuals African American History Culture 1
Destee Black People Politics : Trump's Obsession with Obama - Has a White Man Been More Obsessed with a Black Man Before? Black People Politics 5
JenaBee63 Black People : Black women has a toddler stuck where? Black People Open Forum 1
Liberty Black People Politics : T.I. Has Some Words for Black America on Inauguration Day Black People Politics 2
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : five-signs-black-man-has-depression Black Health and Wellness 6
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : 2016 Nielsen Report: Black Buying Power Has Reached Tipping Point, But How Will Black America Levera Black Money Business Jobs 2
chuck Health and Wellness : Has Urban Life Become A Blessing Or A Curse For Black People In The United States?!? Black Health and Wellness 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Has a Black President Changed America? Black People Politics 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : America has locked up so many black people it has warped our sense of reality Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Has the Organic Movement Left Black Farmers Behind? Food Discussion and Recipes 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Tom Jones Is Getting His DNA Tested To See If He Has ‘Black Ancestors’ Science and Technology 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : The Black President some worried about has Arrived Black People Politics 169
KingSango Black People : Has Black Nationalism died? How? Black People Open Forum 16
ManicRaider Black People : Has a non-black/non-white person ever shown compassion for a black person? Black People Open Forum 31
S Health and Wellness : The Black Gay Community has lost the Battle against HIV & AIDS. Black Health and Wellness 53
CosmicMessenger Black Men : The Black Man Has Nothing But God Black Men 26
Destee Law Forum : When Marijuana was ILLEGAL it had a Black Face - Now that it's LEGAL it has a White Face ?! Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 52
thePreacher Black People Politics : Has Black America lost its righteousness mind? Black People Politics 64
sekou kasimu Black People Politics : Has President Obama Been Good For Black People? Black People Politics 6
Alarm Clock Black People : Black Activist an Education Leader Jitu Weusi has becoe an acestor Black People Open Forum 5
RAPTOR Black People : Amos Wilson: How 'education' has worked to the disinterest of the black collective. Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Black Sports : Has There Ever Been an All Black Roster for a Professional Sports Team? Black Sports 16
chuck Black People : What Has Been Revealed Here: No Solution To The Decline Of The Intact Black Family! Black People Open Forum 63
RAPTOR Black People : Wise Intelligent: The Paradigm Shift That Has "Shaped Black Behavior" Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Health and Wellness : Has anyone used Black soap? Black Health and Wellness 15
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Psychological Power Religion Has Over The Mind Of Black People Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Internal Galactic Clock Has Been Turned off In Black People Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Church Has Never Been A Fortress Of Protection For Black People Chief Elder Osiris 2
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : After one year what Black group has saved the so called witch children? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 25
Ankhur Black People Politics : Has the president of the United States fulfilled his promises to the Black Community? Black People Politics 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Has Black People Been Addicted to Failure Rather Than Winning? Chief Elder Osiris 0
Writspirit Black People : Has Black Hair Become A Chemical Dump? Black People Open Forum 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Has Black People Resign To Be The Dunce Of The World? Chief Elder Osiris 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Religion And Not God Has Placed A Curse Upon Black Afrikan People Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : OBAMA HAS NOT PROMISED ANYTHING TO BLACK PEOPLE Chief Elder Osiris 14
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO THE MIND OF BLACK FOLKS ? Chief Elder Osiris 2
N Black People Politics : What has Obama offered or promised the Black community? Black People Politics 40
Destee Black People : What has ANY politician done for Black People? Black People Open Forum 7
Destee Black People : Scientist that said Blacks are Inferior has Black Genes in His DNA Black People Open Forum 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHAT HAS RELIGION GIVEN BLACK PEOPLE BUT A FALSE PROMISE OF SALVATION AND A HELLVA RE Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE BLACK WORLD HAS COMPROMISED ITSELF, WE HAVE BEEN CHECK MATED IN THIS ACTION OF LI Chief Elder Osiris 0
F Black Positive People : Black inventor has big dreams for...... Black People Doing Positive Things 0