Health and Wellness : Has anyone used Black soap?

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
blacksoaplb.jpg

Traditional Black Soap is brownish-black in color. It is soft with an organic shape. It has a delicate texture & a natural earthy smell. It is not oily or scented. Black Soap has been used for black hair care & black skin care for centuries. Today people from all walks of life are benefiting from this amazing African soap. African black soap is mostly found in Ghana. However, other countries have their own version of African black soap. Nothing compares to the original African black soap from Ghana. Note: This African Black Soap is not the mass produced African Black Soap in boxes all over the market.

I've heard good things about this soap and getting some myself. Has anyone else used this?

Ikoro

May 23, 2006
Peace, my Sister.

Yes, and several types. They come in different colors though. I believe the Amerikkkan (black owned?) company Nubian Heritage sells black soap, I got one as a gift many years ago. It was black in color and had oats in it. Smells good and is good for the skin.

Traditional black soap is as you have seen it on the picture above, brown/white/beige-ish in color. The ones I have acquired have been from West-Afrika (typically The Gambia).

Give it a try, I'm sure you wouldn|t hate it (the smell isn't so earthy that it will bother you, and sometimes they are scented). Point is that it is (should be) a 98-100% natural product so it will be good for you.

Might want to ask the supplier who made it and what the makers/farmer got in terms of conditions (fair trade etc).

One,

- Ikoro

abstract219

...standing on the shoulders of giants
Sep 21, 2005
Philadelphia PA
Occupation
Behavioral Health
Indeed Ikoro. Great point about "fair trade"....first time Ive seen that here.

You gotta be careful. Some of the mass produced "Black Soaps" use sodium tallowate. Tallow is animal fats which aint good for human skin.

I used to work for a black owned firm that collected grease from restaurants. They would melt the grease down, mix in other chemicals...and then sell it to soap companies. Im talking all the majors companies. They called this "tallow." Real profitable company too. Beware of any soap or lotion that includes "sodium tallowate."

I think a good alternative is Dr. Bronner's Organic Pure Castile Soap. Its not a black owned company (Hebrews, I think)...but it is very good, particularly the liquid form. It's concentrated.

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Indeed Ikoro. Great point about "fair trade"....first time Ive seen that here.

You gotta be careful. Some of the mass produced "Black Soaps" use sodium tallowate. Tallow is animal fats which aint good for human skin.

I used to work for a black owned firm that collected grease from restaurants. They would melt the grease down, mix in other chemicals...and then sell it to soap companies. Im talking all the majors companies. They called this "tallow." Real profitable company too. Beware of any soap or lotion that includes "sodium tallowate."

I think a good alternative is Dr. Bronner's Organic Pure Castile Soap. Its not a black owned company (Hebrew's, I think)...but it is very good, particularly the liquid form. It's concentrated.

ahhh that must be reason why i can't use the ones i get over here in the UK(dries out my skin). The ones we used when i was little was very soft and black, like the texture of play dough.. my grand ma would mix it with whiskey and we drink a tablespoon once a week for different maladies.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sekou kasimu Support : Has anyone read any good books lately? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 19
Kamau47 Black People : Has Anyone Heard Of This Brother Black People Open Forum 9
Kamau47 Black People : Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This Black People Open Forum 6
Indigo Blues Black Spirituality Religion : Has anyone heard of Project Blue Beam - Is this the Anti Christ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Istari Black Entertainment : Has anyone seen this video by Chris Rock Black Entertainment 1
Ankhur Black People : Has anyone converted to Solar electric, partialy or completely? Black People Open Forum 0
W Black Entertainment : Has anyone seen this movie? Black Entertainment 5
A Black People : Has anyone else given this some thought? Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black Entertainment : Has Anyone Seen "Precious"?? Black Entertainment 1
nevar Black People : Has anyone had an outer body experience.... Black People Open Forum 10
Jahari Kavi Black Spirituality Religion : Has Anyone Ever Had An Experience With A Divine Force who is Human? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 35
T Has anyone kept up with the R. Kelly trial? Black Men 8
mistaliberator Black Spirituality Religion : HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS ANY WHERE PLEASE EXPLAIN Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Kamau47 Black People : Has anyone else seen this? Black People Open Forum 0
Kamau47 Black People : Has anyone else seen this? Black People Open Forum 1
U Destee Network : Has anyone every been to ebonyofessence.com Destee Network : 0
D Has anyone here ever tried homeopathic medicine before? Black Health and Wellness 3
U Black People : Has anyone heard from Black People Open Forum 1
O Black Entertainment : has anyone ever told you that you sound just like...! Black Entertainment 0
SpiritualONE Black People : Has Anyone Posted This Already? Black People Open Forum 1
Isaiah Black People : BROTHER KEMETKIND...HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM THE BROTHER??? Black People Open Forum 3
C Black Authors : Has anyone ever made money from their poetry? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 24
D Has anyone here been on the Daniel Fast Black Health and Wellness 13
A Black Entertainment : has anyone heard of N2U??? Black Entertainment 1
R Black Entertainment : Has anyone seen...... Black Entertainment 6
J Black Entertainment : Has anyone Heard the new JOHN LEGEND cd? Black Entertainment 6
N Black Relationships : Has anyone had to end a long term friendship Black Relationships 10
1 Has anyone ever had an Epidural? Black Health and Wellness 11
P Black Entertainment : Has anyone seen "Ray"? Black Entertainment 5
kente417mojo Black People : Has anyone lived in another country before? Black People Open Forum 15
P Black Relationships : Has anyone ever tried an on-line dating service? Black Relationships 33
L Black Entertainment : Has anyone heard of Tania maria and Mark whitfield... Black Entertainment 3
L Black Spirituality Religion : Has anyone seen Mr africa at the world Aids day concert in africa Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Queenie Pan Africanism : Has anyone seen this before? African American History Culture 1
N Black Entertainment : Has Anyone Heard Of Ray Chew And The Crew?!?!?!?!?!?! Black Entertainment 2
A Quiet Poetry Lounge : Fam...has anyone heard from GQ??? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
N Black Poetry : Has anyone seen or heard from Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
rapchild Black People : Who has travelled to Africa yet? Ghana? Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Thousands dead but no prosecutions - why Liberia has not acted Liberia 0
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Mary Wilson, a founding member of 'The Supremes,' has died @ 76... Black Entertainment 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : America has an urgent need for Black doctors: 'It's hard to be what you can't imagine' Black Health and Wellness 0
HODEE Black People Politics : Besides Executive Orders Trump Since October has been removing critical regulations and trying to pass so many controversial laws Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump-Supporting Televangelist Kenneth Copeland Has The Weirdest Meltdown Over Biden Victory Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Killer Mike's majority Black and Latino owned online bank already has 'tens of thousands' on the waiting list Black Money Business Jobs 0
HODEE Black People : Remdesivir Side Effects - What all was reported. Not FDA approved has been used in treatment of Covid ( China discontinued due to adverse effects ) Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The true age of Earth's core has been discovered – and it's younger than previously thought Science and Technology 2
R Black Poetry : time has arrived for him to rhyme and jive, nickel and dime don't matter must climb the corporate ladder "SO BOO it don't matter we love each other gi Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
HODEE Black People : Martin Luther King, Jr., "What Is Your Life's Blueprint?" This is the first time the speech has been published in its entirety. Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : He has a bold team but his whole scheme is plunged into darkness need info to spark this he'll dispatch a lot after he hatch a PLOT look boo you got Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2