Black Authors : Has anyone ever made money from their poetry?

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
yes it really is the best way you don't have to worry about
getting a agent most publishing company want you to have a
Agent for hire and 99.7% our work is rejected .

self publishing will allow you to be in the driver seat and do it your way
express what you feel and want to say .

I too will be dropping my first book this summer ............

jamesk

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 25, 2006
I'm making a little $$

Hi, I'm making a little.
I decided to self-publish. My book deals with many of the problems facing the African American community and it also has nearly 100 pages of poetry. Most publishers want one type of book or the other, so I decided to do it my way. It is working, but it is trying, as I am working on different ways of marketing it. I'd rather be writing poetry, but in order to make money, you've got to get dirty. I set aside a few hours a week to write poems now. I almost have another book of poems by itself. Now that I kind of know the ropes of self-publishing, the next one will be easy. Good Luck with yours. If i can help you with any questions, holla.

check out my site. www.justataste4u.com

Latest profile posts

Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love:
skuderjaymes wrote on Cindy's profile.
good to see you around Cindy.
2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.