Science and Technology : Hackers use websites you visit daily to attack you - here's how to protect yourself

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Cyberspace,

Hackers use websites you visit daily to attack you - here's how to protect yourself

... According to security firm Trustwave, the hackers found the domains of legitimate online marketing companies that had just expired and bought them. They used those domains to appear as valid businesses and purchase ad space on a huge number of ad networks, including Google's DoubleClick, Adnxs, Rubicon, AOL, AppNexus and Taggify.

Even sneakier, the ads had code that prevented them from attacking computers that had certain security research tools and security programs installed. That kept the security community from picking up on the attack right away and alerting the ad networks ...

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/03/25/hackers-use-websites-visit-daily-to-attack-heres-how-to-protect-yourself.html

1458939048057.jpg

Picture illustration. (REUTERS/Pawel Kopczynski )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Hackers Can Steal Data By Tweaking Monitor’s Brightness By Just 3% Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Computers - Software Hardware : How to make sure Russian hackers can’t attack your home router, again Science and Technology 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : How Hackers Are Using Fake LinkedIn Profiles to Steal Your Information Science and Technology 3
RAPTOR Black People : WikiLeaks' Julian Assange Calls on Computer Hackers to Unite Against NSA Surveillance Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Syrian hackers hit Obama-linked Twitter, Facebook accounts Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : Adobe's source code was parked on hackers' server Science and Technology 2
Chrysalis Johnson Science and Technology : Why are Black video websites struggling? Science and Technology 6
OldSoul OldSoul : List Of 40 Free Educational Websites OldSoul 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Black Monday for 130 Counterfeit Websites Black People Open Forum 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Murdoch Alert: A Firefox Add-on that sniffs out Websites owned by Murdoch-Family Science and Technology 1
Ankhur Black People : What are the Best websites on news from the Mortherland? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : A list of Progressive websites Black People Open Forum 6
river Let's Categorize the Websites Forum Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
P Black People : How other so called "black" websites are covering Katrina! Black People Open Forum 53
P Black People : Black Conservative / Interracial Dating Websites Black People Open Forum 50
K Destee Network : websites for sale Destee Network : 14
I Black Spirituality Religion : websites about African religions! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
C Black People : Are We To Accept The Notion That COVID-19 Does Not Make Jail And Prison Visit??? Black People Open Forum 2
rapchild Black Travel : VISIT EGYPT Black Travel 2
rapchild Pan-Africanism : VISIT GHANA 2019 Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
Perfection Senegal : In Context Series: A visit to Senegal, West Africa Senegal 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: COX CABLE wasn’t able to replace my phone doggone a fake visit it's black HIPHOP chow dinn Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Black Travelers Network Black Entertainment : 6 SONGS THAT MAKE YOU WANNA VISIT THAT CITY Black Entertainment 6
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : JOSEPH SHABALALA...I Don't JUST Want to Visit Africa... Chevron Dove 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Places to visit in Black World OldSoul 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Why Obama will be the first president to visit a federal prison Black People Politics 17
ru2religious Black People : Black over pays child support and visit son to much going to jail!!! Black People Open Forum 23
dnommo Black Poetry : A Visit From Da Meadow... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Destee Ghana : How Much Would it Cost to Visit Ghana? Ghana 33
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama: Historic Myanmar visit is sign of progress Black People Politics 2
S Black People Politics : Obama Myanmar Visit Conspiracy Theory. Black People Politics 0
Indigo Blues Black People : OMG and WTH!!! Brothers beware of your next Doctors visit! Black People Open Forum 14
I Jails / Prisons : Will O.J.'s White Women Visit him in Prison? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 17
D Black Jokes Humor : Visit with the Gyn Black Jokes Humor 2
Mad Skillz Black People : On Africa Visit, Bush Pushes Agenda of Continent-Wide U.S. Military Expansion Black People Open Forum 1
A Black Entertainment : What sites do you visit online for entertainment? Black Entertainment 0
K Black People : Don't visit Florida! Black People Open Forum 1
T Destee Network : Please visit! Destee Network : 1
G Black Events : Runoko Rashidi to Visit TORONTO Black Events 0
J Destee Network : Come visit and show love.... Destee Network : 0
P Pan-Africanism : Is it time to re-visit (rethink) Marcus Garvey's back to Africa movement? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 51
dnommo Black Poetry : who am i? ( a visit from the meadow) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
U Quiet Poetry Lounge : Visit From Grandma Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 18