Gun Ownership : Gun Ownership? Do You & Why?

Damaris Sheldon

Banned
Jun 27, 2016
Obviously my dad got me interested in guns, my mom really didn't like that & she fought him tooth & nail every time he took me to the range in Farmingdale & other ranges to shoot guns, after having to discharge his service weapon twice he kind of lost interest in taking me to the ranges & I was very distracted because of what he was going through & my mom was completely devastated but some of my older cousins would take me & one day I met the famous Katelyn Francis, she really inspired me & even my cousins were impressed with her demeanor, she was incredible. This brief video doesn't even do her justice, she was very young back then but extremely capable & wise beyond her years.

Thanks Katelyn, you did a wonderful thing.

I truly believe in this day & age of home invasions, car jackings & violent road rage confrontations gun ownership should a serious consideration to every citizen who cares for their own safety & the safety of their loved ones.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I've come to find I don't really like guns and don't care for when people boast about them, but still, I've started to change my views on those who are responsible adults and do own firearms, themselves.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Chaya Chaim

Feb 1, 2016
I don't nor never would I'm diplomatic throughout my life if I feel I need to get physical I learned self defense without doing much physical damage to another person

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
i found that carrying a gun made me more aggressive.
i could see myself hurting somebody.
i got rid of it.
There are a lot of people who should do this. They don't think it's strange how they actually want someone to try to harm them just so they have a reason to shoot a person. That's not normal or sane thinking.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
There are a lot of people who should do this. They don't think it's strange how they actually want someone to try to harm them just so they have a reason to shoot a person. That's not normal or sane thinking.
when i carried a gun i could detect a change in my attitude.
when i drank i could detect a change in my behavior.

i did not like it and so i stopped those things.

some may actually like the alteration of their behavior.
i'm sure that's what is behind the gun nuts.

Last edited:

JenaBee63

Jul 12, 2015
atlanta ga
Occupation
Health Technician/Future Paralegal
I did have a weapon. I actually went to look at a long gun and hand gun a few weeks ago. I prefer to have one. I will also apply for concealed. Being prior military I of course learned to fire a weapon and was really a good shooter. So after I got out, I always had a hand gun. My last gun was my ex husbands so I gave it back and now I need another one. My boyfriend is a cop so I can go to the range a bit more now and want something new. I also live in Atlanta. Too much goes on here not to be prepared. I even made sure both my children learned to fire a weapon. Son and daughter.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: