Gun Ownership : Gun Control (Relevance to the Aurora Massacre Last Friday)

Seksen

Apr 3, 2008
Dallas, Tx.
Occupation
Retired....finally
I have listened to the comments and opinions that have been well stated by those who cared to comment on this subject. There is another post that I tried to get up a few weeks ago that Destee posted for me since I was unable to go through a security filter. The post was called " No Guns For Negroes." I read the comments and started to shake my head in disbelief because of the ignorance of grown men and women talking about guns on the level of 10 and 15 year old children. It is past time for us to mature and take responsibility of our environment and surroundings as intelligent adults. No one can prove or show that the presence of a gun makes life scary or more dangerous because there is one somewhere near. Our fears and apprehensions about guns come from our willful ignorance, lack of proper training and , lack of an understanding when it comes to history,use,and purpose of firearms. My parents had guns in the home when I was a child. There were four children and loaded guns in the home. Not once did anyone get shot, hit, or injured with or by a gun. The reason for this is because from an early age we were TAUGHT AND TRAINED TO NOT PLAY WITH GUNS, THEY ARE NOT TOYS. We were taught that they were for PROTECTING THE FAMILY in case there was an intruder or hostile threat, or bodily harm being issued to our family from some outside force. We had no "911" back then. In this society today I see so many so called adults who have no discipline or fore thought or the intelligence to TRAIN THEIR CHILDREN and teach them to OBEY AND NOT QUESTION THEIR PARENTAL DECISIONS. The problem is not guns,the problem is untrained, ignorant people with guns. GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. Peace

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001

MEDIA ADVISORY
For September 28-30, 2012
2012 GUN RIGHTS POLICY CONFERENCE​

For Release: September 12, 2012 Contact: Alan Gottlieb (425) 454-7012

WHEN: Friday, September 28 – Sunday, September 30 WHERE: Airport Hyatt Regency
9300 Airport Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32827

The 27th Annual Gun Rights Policy Conference attracts leaders from across the country, including Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms; Joseph Tartaro, president of the Second Amendment Foundation; Maria Heil, board director of the National Rifle Association; Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America and many others.

Also scheduled: Attorney Alan Gura, winner of the landmark Supreme Court Second Amendment Heller and McDonald cases; Criminal Defense Attorney Mark O’Mara; Columnist and Fox News contributor John Fund; John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime, and Emily Miller, senior editor of The Washington Times.

Texas Congressman Joe Barton will be the featured Saturday luncheon speaker.

The Gun Rights Policy Conference offers an opportunity for grassroots gun rights activists from across the country to gather under one roof for the opportunity to network, exchange strategies and hear from national gun rights leaders on major issues relating to firearms litigation and politics.

This year’s agenda includes panel discussions on Campus Concealed Carry, Gun rights litigation after the Heller and McDonald rulings, the UN threat to gun rights, Federal and State legislative updates, Media Bias, Self-Defense and Right-to-Carry, Open Carry and Stand Your Ground laws.

For more information and registration: www.saf.org.

< Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family >​
Copyright © 2012 Second Amendment Foundation, All Rights Reserved.​
Second Amendment Foundation
James Madison Building
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005
Voice: 425-454-7012
Toll Free: 800-426-4302
FAX: 425-451-3959
email: [email protected]

To stop receiving these alerts, send an email to [email protected] with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line. This email was sent to [email protected].
To ensure your alerts are delivered to your inbox (and not inadvertently diverted to a bulk or junk email folder by spam filters), be sure to add [email protected] to your email address book or contact list.​

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: