going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

mywordsfly

Nov 11, 2012
Your stats and comparables are off and dont apply. If you're going to do that compare gun and knife deaths here and there. You just dont get it.

You're trying to convince me that murder isn't a choice of the individual, and it's not going to work. YOU say the USA is a dangerous place because of guns, and I say that even if guns are banned, murders still continue on because murderers are still going to murder. That's all I can say about that.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
You're trying to convince me that murder isn't a choice of the individual, and it's not going to work. YOU say the USA is a dangerous place because of guns, and I say that even if guns are banned, murders still continue on because murderers are still going to murder. That's all I can say about that.

On the contrary, I'm not trying to convince you of anything

mywordsfly

Nov 11, 2012
On the contrary, I'm not trying to convince you of anything

Only two things to say to that:

Ok.

And I think you concentrated on the wrong sentence. I think you missed the meat of the message which all followed a sentence which didn't matter if it was true or not.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Only two things to say to that:

Ok.

And I think you concentrated on the wrong sentence. I think you missed the meat of the message which all followed a sentence which didn't matter if it was true or not.

No, I didnt

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
The guns dont kill people argument is ringing a bit hollow to me

do you really think the people that shot this little girl would not have guns just because some legislation says it's illegal? Wasn't the murder already illegal? they probably ran some red lights and stop signs too.. legislation is paper.. doesn't change a thing. Dudes doing driveby's don't buy their guns from the gunshop.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
do you really think the people that shot this little girl would not have guns just because some legislation says it's illegal? Wasn't the murder already illegal? they probably ran some red lights and stop signs too.. legislation is paper.. doesn't change a thing. Dudes doing driveby's don't buy their guns from the gunshop.

I think a lot less people like them would have them. Just like there is a reason no one really seems to want the scourge of drugs stopped, because of the profits. I think the same applies to gun and ammo sales

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
I think a lot less people like them would have them. Just like there is a reason no one really seems to want the scourge of drugs stopped, because of the profits. I think the same applies to gun and ammo sales

The problem is not the amount of people that have guns. The vast majority.. the super majority of people that have guns do not use them irresponsibly. And in the unprotected/underprotected dark sections of town where many of our people live and work.. the idea of not having protection will drive folks to go underground and live illegally. The police do not protect our streets.. they protect their streets. And the idea that black people should give up their guns as a response to violence in the unprotected streets is just crazy.. but it's also moot.. because it will never happen. Context is everything.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
The problem is not the amount of people that have guns. The vast majority.. the super majority of people that have guns do not use them irresponsibly. And in the unprotected/underprotected dark sections of town where many of our people live and work.. the idea of not having protection will drive folks to go underground and live illegally. The police do not protect our streets.. they protect their streets. And the idea that black people should give up their guns as a response to violence in the unprotected streets is just crazy.. but it's also moot.. because it will never happen. Context is everything.

Enforcement of existing laws will go a looooong way to protect those the mean harm

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly
Happily Married and doing well❤