Black People : Gucci’s New Ads, Featuring All African-American Models, Under Fire for Treating ‘Black Soul as Drag’

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
BLACK CULTURE.jpg

freddie419

BANNED
Jan 22, 2017
Manchester, UK
IMO this discussion is going in the wrong direction i.e., backwards.

I think there is a total missing understanding of Gucci's adverting campaign.

Gucci's campaign is based on culture and dance, FACT.

The culture being PROMOTED is club culture and 60/70s Soul Music. The dance being promoted is Northern Soul. The clothing being promoted here is club wear, NOT drag. Imo, when our youth go clubbing they morph into exhibitionists LOL!!

So, the worst case scenario is Gucci pulls the advertisement, these Black models in turn lose their jobs and royalties, the offspring of the 60/70s Soul singers also lose their royalties. Moreover, in the future clothing designers will be cautious about using Black models.

I disagree with BET wholeheartedly in that its not enough that Gucci have chosen Black models to promote their 2017 club wear. BET has gone off half cocked and moved the goalpost by saying that POC should be involved in the design process.

The Gucci advertising imo is beautiful, BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL, FACT.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days