Black Entertainment : Grand Master Flash Fresh Style

Mario William vitale

Jun 6, 2017
Grand Master Flash Fresh Style

Making some adjustments to classic turntables.

I was a geek coming up. I did extensive studies on the stylus. I had to figure out the proper needle that would stay inside the groove when it’s under the pressure of the vinyl being moved counterclockwise. That was the first step. The second step was figuring out what to do with the rubber matting that comes with the turntable. When I was trying to move the vinyl counterclockwise, it caused too much drag and too much friction, so I had to remove it. Then under that was the steel platter. The problem was I couldn’t put the vinyl on the steel platter because if there was a cut on the other side, I would ruin the record.

My mother was a seamstress so I knew different types of materials. When I touched felt, I said, “This could possibly work.” The problem with felt is that it draped, it was limp. So I ran home and got a copy of my album and I bought just enough felt to cut out two round circles the same size as a 33’ LP and — when my mother wasn’t looking — I turned the iron all the way up high and I used my mother’s spray starch. I sprayed it until this limp piece of felt became — I called it a wafer, like what you get in church at Easter. Today it’s called a slipmat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skuderjaymes Black Entertainment : Wild Style.. Grand Master Flash Black Entertainment 0
Isaiah Black Entertainment : GRAND MASTER FLASH & THE FURRIOUS FIVE... Black Entertainment 15
Knowledge Seed Black People : GRAND MASTER TEACHERS Black People Open Forum 9
R Black Poetry : Plan to have a companion and like the grand canyon folks visit my quotes explicit and make them hopes exquisite ride in a bold hummer and like a whole Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The National Museum of African American History and Culture: Grand Opening African American History Culture 44
RAPTOR The Police : California Moves Towards Banning Grand Juries for Police Killings Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
chuck Black People : Is This A Grand Bargain For Black Detroiters Too?!? Black People Open Forum 1
chuck Black People : Detroit's 'Grand Bargain' Is For Us Too?!? Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Australia Open Serena Williams won her 19th Grand Slam title Black Sports 7
RAPTOR Black People : • Charles Barkley Supports Police After Ferguson Grand Jury Decision • Black People Open Forum 78
RAPTOR Black People Politics : President Obama: Grand jury decision not an ‘excuse for violence’ in Ferguson Black People Politics 3
KingSango Black People : How to get past the Ferguson Grand Jury decision. Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Law Forum : "It is Officially Open Season on Black Folks": Legal Expert Decries Handling of Wilson Grand Jury Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
OldSoul OldSoul : An Open Letter from Protesters On The Grand Jury Decision (11.24.14) OldSoul 10
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Third Coast Kings - West Grand Boulevard Black Entertainment 0
chuck Black People Politics : Just Who Will Be The Winners (Or Losers) Via Detroit's 'Grand Bargain' Swepstakes? Black People Politics 15
shaka64 Black People : Grand jury decides NOT to indict cop who killed John Crawford at Walmart Black People Open Forum 1
Omowale Jabali Black Spirituality Religion : Tetrad: A Blood Moon In The Grand Cardinal Cross Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Grand jury indicts police officer in shooting of ex-FAMU player Jonathan Ferrell Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Grand jury declines to indict NC cop who killed former FAMU footballer Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Destee Law Forum : Grand Jury Indicts 35 In Connection With Atlanta Public Schools Cheating Scandal Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : my grand mother told me…. Black People Politics 1
Keita Kenyatta Egypt : Egyptian caverns in The Grand Canyon - David Hatcher Childress Pt 1/12 Egypt 7
Writeous1 Black People : As Grand Jury Clears White Plains Police in Kenneth Chamberlain’s Death, New Tape Shows Fatal Raid Black People Open Forum 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Lookout Trayvon Martin shooting: no grand jury for Zimmerman Black People Open Forum 4
skuderjaymes African American History Culture : At The Feet Of The Grand Masters: Dr. Ben, Dr. Clarke, Dr. Jackson African American History Culture 9
PatriceCQueen Black People : grand jury testimony about incidents concerning persons connected to penn state Black People Open Forum 1
Feather Podcasts / MP3s / Audio : Grand-Puba--Sarah-Martinez/REALITY CHECK!!!!!! Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : A GRAND OLD MAN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
OldSoul OldSoul : NOI Import Store Grand Opening 1972 OldSoul 1
Ankhur Black People : Grand plans to strategicaly mess with the planet Black People Open Forum 0
J Black Short Stories : The Grand Design Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
skuderjaymes Science and Technology : Dr. Gabriel Oyibo.. Uniting Waves: Grand Unified Theorem Science and Technology 0
G Black Events : Professor Oyibo, speaking on GAGUT (GOD Almighty's Grand Unified Theorem) this weeken Black Events 2
G Black People : Grand Jury Indictments DO NOT Fit the Crime!!NYPD Murder of Sean Bell - Black People Open Forum 0
watzinaname Black Poetry : Grand Opening Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 25
Isaiah MAKE ME A GRAND BABY... Black Parenting 17
river Black Spirituality Religion : In the Grand Scheme of Things How Important Is America? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Mad Skillz Black People : Are American Black Muslims Next In The Grand Scheme? Black People Open Forum 2
K Destee Network : Coming soon - Grand reopening Destee Network : 3
K Black People : Grand Scale Terrorism Black People Open Forum 0
M Black Poetry : The Thug Was Grand Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
B Black Poetry : Deception of Grand Scale Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
alyce Black Poetry : Cognac & Grand Marnier Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
W Black Poetry : cooley's grand exit Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
R Black Poetry : master study Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : To trip mean to stumble I've seen lips crumble after a kiss hard to master this a ghetto blaster can Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Mario William Vitale The Master Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Spin Master II Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Fine1952 Black Sports : Master P Has A Plan Black Sports 0