Black People : Going to Jail for not paying child support

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
I dunno if anyone started a thread about this yet, but I need to vent right now for the sake of one of my friends. I think its outright stupid to put a person who has a job and is making strides to pay child support in jail.. I mean who does it benefit exactly? No one! Its not paying the 'debt' that is due and when they are done serving their sentence they have difficulty finding a job. We as taxpayers have to cough up money to have space for people like this person I know who do not even deserve to be in jail. And it definitely does not benefit the child's mother who open her dang mouth in the first place when he came back in town just to spend some time with his own woman and child they have together....wtf came up with that fragerknacle bull that they call law? Sorry, I had to vent. One of my friends fiancee went to jail and has to be there for like 4 months and to make matters worse, he most likely will have to go to jail all over again because he has another warrant for not appearing in court ... why didn't he appear in court? Because HE IS IN JAIL! And why he did not appear in court prior to the jail sentence he is serving now? BECAUSE HE WAS AWAY ON A JOB! I mean really? And worst of all, my friend's son is starting not to even recognize his dad anymore. He's not even say "dada" like he used to. I'm sorry to go off like this, but this system is really screwed up.

MsVeraisblessed

Jan 30, 2012
ummmm,...forgive me for asking these questions... how long has it been since he made a payment? how long has he been on this job? how long has he gone not paying it before he found this job?

Depending on what state you live in, laws tends to be different. Here in OKC, if a parent paying child support go too long for not paying anything, even if they do have or gotten a job and is tryn to pay something, they are still liable to be picked up because of going over the time frame of not reporting changes. i don't know if that is the case or not with him but it can happen.

Seksen

Apr 3, 2008
Dallas, Tx.
Occupation
Retired....finally
Things like this happen when we are too lazy or ignorant to put a sock on it. You do not get out what you don't put in. The solution is not insight but foresite. There needs to be more foresite used in the community. Or as the old folk used to say back in the day :" An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
ummmm,...forgive me for asking these questions... how long has it been since he made a payment? how long has he been on this job? how long has he gone not paying it before he found this job?

Depending on what state you live in, laws tends to be different. Here in OKC, if a parent paying child support go too long for not paying anything, even if they do have or gotten a job and is tryn to pay something, they are still liable to be picked up because of going over the time frame of not reporting changes. i don't know if that is the case or not with him but it can happen.
he hasnt had a job so because of that he has not been able to make payments like he needed to but before he got the job he recently had, he made money doing studies and stuff and someone one of the child's mothers (the one who got him put in jail) would tip off authorities somehow and he has to fork over every penny he has and because of that, he could not pay the other child support he needed to pay. he had hard time finding a job here in town, so he finally found a job where it required him to travel and he was making money, and he would send money to his fiancee to send off for child support. so he was really doing his best, but he still ended up in jail.

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
he hasnt had a job so because of that he has not been able to make payments like he needed to but before he got the job he recently had, he made money doing studies and stuff and someone one of the child's mothers (the one who got him put in jail) would tip off authorities somehow and he has to fork over every penny he has and because of that, he could not pay the other child support he needed to pay. he had hard time finding a job here in town, so he finally found a job where it required him to travel and he was making money, and he would send money to his fiancee to send off for child support. so he was really doing his best, but he still ended up in jail.
there are folks i know who actually never been in jail in the past, yet picky about what job to get to start paying child support. I feel that's who authorities should be after. And I know a couple of guys like that. And to make it worse, this person I am talking about wants NOTHING to do with his son. This person that's in jail wants everything to do with his children but either the mom doesn't want him in the child's life or the woman who got him put in jail uses their daughter as bait somehow when in reality she is using the money on herself and not the child.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ru2religious Black People : Black over pays child support and visit son to much going to jail!!! Black People Open Forum 23
Alarm Clock Black People Politics : What are Jesse Jackson and his wife going to jail for? what are the charges? Black People Politics 12
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Former Detriot Mayor going to Jail May 25 AACOOLDRE 1
P Black People : Black youth die, but Cheney; going to the Bank but not Jail???????????? Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Why Religion Is Not Going Away and Science Will Not Destroy It Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
C Black People : The Only Lord That Is Going To Bless You Black People Open Forum 7
Ndugu Black People : If Texas Black Community is going through hell then we all are ! Black People Open Forum 4
KRAZYK Black People Politics : Who's going to step up next help me understand why is my color the enemy Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : 65 years after Brown v. Board of Education, we risk going backward Black Education / Schools 5
candeesweet Black Poetry : Going Peacefully Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ndugu Black People : Activist and Actor , Danny Glover breaks down what is Really going on in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 9
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Kamala Harris, black folks aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe! Black People Politics 4
IFE Black People : Black Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW) Black People Open Forum 30
candeesweet Black Poetry : Not going against but with Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : North Korean workers prepare seafood going to US stores Food Discussion and Recipes 14
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : michael-bennett-nfl-not-going-on israel-government-trip- Black People Doing Positive Things 2
nilevalley Black People Politics : Well this is what you wanted White America so what are you going to do now? Black People Politics 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama: ‘This is going to be a browner country’ Black People Politics 1
blazejay Black People : We are going backwards Black People Open Forum 10
Kemetstry Law Forum : THE PUBLICANS GOING AFTER SOCIAL SECURITY Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
HODEE Black People : WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Law Forum : What Actually Is Going Down In Charlotte North Carolina These Days? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
blazejay Black People : WHAT IS AMERICA GOING TO BE? The Sad Realities of The Coming Downfall Black People Open Forum 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Zika: NY Woman Diagnosed With Zika Warns, You 'Think That It’s Not Going to Happen to You' Black Health and Wellness 21
I Black People : Stop going to white owned "black" sites Black People Open Forum 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : 8 Genius Hacks to Keep Your Produce From Going Bad Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Liberty Health and Wellness : The Food Industry is Slowly Going BPA-Free Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : Proceed bigger and need to figure what's going down and throwing clowns to the ground that like mess Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Proceed bigger and need to figure what's going down and throwing clowns to the ground that like mess Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : This Insane Fact About Store-Bought Eggs Is Going Viral Food Discussion and Recipes 2
Writspirit Black Events : Invincible: A Glorious Tribute to MJ Going on the Road Black Events 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : A Malcom X Speech That Predicted So Much Of What's Going On Today African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : What’s Going on in Your Brain and Body During an Argument Black Health and Wellness 0
Inanna Black People : Going to Africa... Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Journalist Robert Scheer, editor of Truthdig.com is going in on Hillary Clinton for President Black People Politics 0
$$RICH$$ Black Positive People : Going Strong at 77 and role model Black People Doing Positive Things 0
chuck Black People : Black Sisters Got It Going On Too! Black People Open Forum 18
chuck Black People : Going Backward Again: In 2015?!? Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : GOING ALONG Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Enki Black Entertainment : Marvin Gaye What's Going On Full album vinyl LP (Original Mix) Black Entertainment 0
dunwiddat Black People : The Crazy Justice System in USA keeps going Black People Open Forum 0
shaka64 Black People : On going Corruption watch thread (Watch List) Black People Open Forum 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : What's Going On Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Kemetstry Black Women : PRICE OF CHOCOLATE GOING UP Black Women 25
Kadijah Black People : When Bears Attack: 'I could hear teeth going through my scalp' Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : morgana king : what's going on Black Entertainment 1
Kongolini Zulu Mau Black People : There is a sound going out like the call of a lion!...by Kongolini Zulu Mau... Black People Open Forum 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Magic Slim & the Teardrops - Going to Mississippi Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Black People : What is going on?:Oregon Police Shooting: Deadly Police Shootout on Busy Highway Oregon Police Video Black People Open Forum 5
legit-writer Black People Politics : Shots Fired at the U.S. Capitol - Nice Going AMERICA! Black People Politics 14