Black Spirituality Religion : "God so loved the world that. …"

Willie345

Jul 12, 2020
To the dismay of many, most Christians are unaware that when Jesus said in John 3:16 that "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life," he was metaphorically speaking of himself as both the God mentioned in this verse and also the Son. That is to say, that as God he called himself the Son to account for his human body when he came to earth to die on the cross to purge away our sins.

It's like this. In John 1 we read: "In the beginning Jesus already existed... and he was God." And then it says in verse 14: "So Jesus became flesh and made His dwelling among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son. "

This is a reference to what Jesus said of himself in Psalm 2:7: "The king proclaims the Lords decree: The Lord said to me, 'You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.'" A free translation of what Jesus as God is saying of himself in this verse is: " I have decided that when I am born on earth as a man, I will be called "the Son of God." Or I will take the title Son of God."

This means that Jesus is not a son the way humans have a son. To whit: Jesus did not come out of God, nor was not generated by God. Nor is he an emanation of God. And without doubt, he is not a manifestation of the spoken word of God. Nor did God manifest a replica of himself and call him Jesus. As it says in John 1:1, Jesus is YHWH God himself taking on the title "The Son of God" to account for his stay on earth as a man. Or to account for his willingness to be one of us.

What an amazingly glorious thing for Jesus as God to do. Nothing on earth has ever been done like this before or ever will be done again. The whole spirit world was in awe at it's completion. It is a complete manifestation of his love for us: to take on flesh and blood so he could die on the cross in our stead. As it says in Luke 2: " And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the God appeared to them, and the glory of God shone around them, and they were filled with fear.

"And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord (Or Christ who is God). And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!'"

So here is the rule: Never try to separate the person of Jesus from God. What I mean is: most Christians don't understand what I am saying because we continuously try to make Jesus a different person from God. Somehow we think that Jesus is not enough for us, or that we need someone bigger and better than Jesus to save us. So we make the term "Son" a literal reading instead of a spiritual or metaphoric one-something we should not do.

This means that the phrase "He was with God" is a figurative or metaphoric expression meaning that God has two other names besides Jesus: the Father and the Holy Spirit. The former is the names he use when he make command decisions. And the latter is the name he use as he inspires us to believe in him as Jesus. What I am saying is, when Jesus says "the Father sent me," or "I go to the Father," he is metaphorically speaking of himself by his other name.

It's the same when he says "I will send you the Holy Spirit."

See, if we as Christians knew anything at all about the essence of God, we would know that in God' spirit essence he is said to be present everywhere. That is to say, he is in all places at the same time, or omnipresent. Said otherwise, there is no outside of God; his presence is continuous and goes on to infinity and beyond. But Jesus claims this attribute for himself.

Ephesians 4:10 says it this way. "And the same one who descended is the one who ascended higher than all the heavens, so that he might fill the entire universe with himself." The same thing is recorded in Ephesians 1:23. "And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself."

This means that if Jesus is everywhere present and fill everything there is and all space beyond with himself, there is no room for the other separate beings you call God to exist. If they did exist, they would have to exist within Jesus' everywhere presence, and would just be created entities like us. As it says Acts 17:27-28: "God (Jesus) did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being."

Let's say it like this: If there were another being in the universe called God, of necessity, the spirit essence of Jesus would encompass him, and all others like him; making him of no consequence. Then to still say that he is God is nonsense.

And too: Jesus says that he has all power (Matthew 28:18). "And when they saw him, they worshipped him (as God): but some doubted. And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." This has to be so because Jesus cannot lie. So again, if Jesus has all power, what power is left for the other two beings called Gods. None. …!

Here is the bottom line then: Jesus is the one true God, and all others claimants are false Gods!

What we must understand is: Jesus was God long before he made the angels, man, or any other creature. This means that since there was no one else for God to talk to, God counseled with himself, or as we might say, he talked among himself. (Isaiah 40:14, Job 15:8, Ephesians 1:11) How long this had been going on I don't know. Only the endless ages of the past can shed light on this.

So when Jesus prayed to the Father in the Garden, this was a continuation of the conversation God has had with himself from eternity. We should understand this because we as people made in God's image do this all the time. We say to ourselves "should I go or should I do this" and we answer "yes you should."

To put it in plain English then, God as Jesus asks himself as the Father, "Are you willing for me to do die for these people?" And God as the Father says to God as Jesus, "Yes, I am." And God as Jesus consents and goes to the cross in our place. Only God as Jesus, being a man too, says it out loud in the form of a prayer. This teaches us that we too should pray in times of stress.

See, we as Christians are so steeped in religiosity and other strong religious beliefs that we have inherited from those who came before us that we try to maintain them at all coast, even in the face of the plain teachings of the Scriptures. We say it like this. "I learned this in Sunday School when I was a child and I will not give it up." Or "My preacher told me this and he can't be wrong." Or "You are just trying to change the Bible to make John 3:16 say something that it does not say."

In other words, the light of the true Gospel of Jesus as our Savior is almost gone. All we hear now is a message about Father God: that he wants us to be rich, or he wants usd to be free from pain and have a good life. Or "I want my breakthrough" or a message about "enjoying life." But we hear nothing of the original Gosple message: "That Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day. And that if we believe in him as God he will take us to heaven.

So let me repeat what I said at the beginning. When Jesus said in John 3:16 that "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life," he was metaphoricly speaking of himself as both the God mentioned in this verse and the Son that is mentionrd." Namely, he was speaking of himself as God because he is God. And he was speaking of himself as the Son because he is the Son,i.e., the metaphoric title he use to account for his appearing on earth in a human body to purge away our sins and take us to heaven.

See, the ultimate aim of Jesus as God coming from heaven to earth was to qualify us for heaven by dying in our place on the cross to purge away our sins. And to prove his love for us. And to have a personal relationship with us just the way he did in the Garden of Eden before the fall, when we pulled away from him. So as it says in Revelation 19:10: "...For the essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus."

Take Care and Stay safe.

Rev. Autrey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Why American Children Stopped Believing in God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
Willie345 Black Spirituality Religion : "... And Sat Down At The Right Hand of God" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : Created in God's Image? What... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : People who see God as white are more likely to see white job applicants as leaders Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Draw Near to God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Willie345 Black Spirituality Religion : "Jesus as the true God of the Bible" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : ELCA faces criticism for posting prayer to 'Mother God' on Facebook, Twitter Christian Study Group 0
C Black People : You Can't Be Intelligently Against Religion If You Do Not Innerstand Divinely, What God Is!!! Black People Open Forum 4
C Black People : Darkness, Blackness, The Perfect Night, The Face Of God Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : GOD'S WRATH... & That Dreaded Apocalypse Day! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
C Black People : When You Do Not Know What God The Divine Essence , The Greater Good Is, Then You Are Not Qualified To Reference God In Anything You Say Or Do!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Greater Good-God Is Not Love Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Symbology Of God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : God Is Not On Anybody Side Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : After You Get Here It Is All On You And Not God!!! Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : What part did God play in the creation of any religion? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : If One doesn't believe in God or the Devil? What does that... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
C Black People : Is God Real Or Is Just Our Higher Self? Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : If I said ... That I had a personal in person talk with God ... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
imhotep06 Black Spirituality Religion : Ra "the sun-god" is not Allah! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
C Black People : Intuitive Cognizant Have You To Know What God Is, And Who God Is Not!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : There Are Lies Told About God And Lies Told About Light And Darkness Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Head not at odds it's straight and in Genesis now god create the HEAVEN AND EARTH folks should be in FT LEAVENWORTH for not believing, the earth had n Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
dattaswami1 Black Christians : One do not do sin based on his love to God not by fear to Him Christian Study Group 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Love to God Vs Love to child Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump tweeted lavish praise of himself from an evangelical Fox and Friends pundit, Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God” Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
dattaswami1 Black Christians : Why God keeps silent to somebody even after intensive cry? Christian Study Group 0
dattaswami1 Black Christians : A true devotee must always express that the will of God should always happen either in his case or in the case of the others Christian Study Group 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Existence of God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 18
dattaswami1 Black Christians : Iham & Param (This world & after death) & God Christian Study Group 0
dattaswami1 Black Muslims : Unimaginable God and imaginable human form Islam Study Group 0
Al D Black Spirituality Religion : WHAT IS GOD? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 30
dattaswami1 Black Christians : Why did Jesus on the cross pray to God to excuse His offenders since they were ignorant? Christian Study Group 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Oneness of God of various religions Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African Traditional Religion : The first God African Traditional Religion Study Group 5
Perfection Black People Politics : ☀Black Liberation Theology¦The Image of God: Black Theology and Racial Empowerment Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: Building with the God Jahmega Allah Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Civil rights legend James Meredith says he's on a mission from God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Stephen Hawking Was an Atheist. Here’s What He Said About God, Heaven and His Own Death Christian Study Group 12
Mario William vitale Black Short Stories : God Never Said Life Would Be Easy Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : God is a Black Woman and Her Name is Viola Davis Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : God's Heavenly Tears Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
FINDLOVEINME Black Poetry : God Survived You Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Lunar Cycle Law Forum : I Hope GOD Relieves This Mothers Pain Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Sons of God and Daughters of Man AACOOLDRE 0
Lunar Cycle Black Entertainment : Just When Even Her Own Were Readying The Noose GOD Set Things Right Black Entertainment 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Does God Exist? Some Scientists Think They Have Proof Science and Technology 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Neil deGrasse Tyson on God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Al D Black Spirituality Religion : God's Word Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1