Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I wonder if they're going to disenroll & deport all the Indian students too.

Based on the report I saw, perhaps some Indian students participated in the campus protest, along with faculty members, of which some may have been Indian as well.

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Ghana professors demand Gandhi statue be removed over his 'racist identity'

ACCRA, Ghana, Oct. 7 (UPI) -- Professors at the University of Ghana successfully petitioned for the statue's removal, claiming it should be replaced with one of a local hero because of seemingly racist early writings by Gandhi about black South Africans.

Obadele Kambon, one of the organizers of the petition, said moving the statue was not enough, however, and that it should be sent back to India based on Gandhi's own estimation of the people walking past it every day.

"We don't think the statue would be well received anywhere in Ghana," Kambon said ...

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...moved-over-his-racist-identity/5001475864560/

Ghana-professors-demand-Gandhi-statue-be-removed-over-his-racist-identity.jpg

A statue of civil rights leader Mohandas Gandhi, pictured at right in 1946 with Jawaharlal Nehru, was successfully petitioned for removal by professors at the University of Ghana because of Ghandi's controversial early writings about black South Africans. File photo by Max Desfor/Dave Davis/Acme News Photos/UPI

Bootzey

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Good. I'm glad they did the Knowledge rather than follow the okeydoke

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days
Destee wrote on Marcchris's profile.
Hi @Marcchris ... Welcome Welcome Welcome!!! :wave: ... Thanks for joining us AND becoming a Premium Member! :cheerleader: ... I am honored. Please make yourself right at home! Much Love and Peace.