sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Good for Gambia. European languages are replete with psychological and spiritual traps that sustain our current arrested development. A matrix that must be de-mystified
Could not have said it better myself! :) This is what our people need, clarification and ENCOURAGEMENT!!! Not to be constantly put down by wanna-be intellectualls!!!!!!!! ;)

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Kadijah said:
What is sad is that should Jammeh succeed in carrying forth his PRO-Gambia/Africa policy, the British will demonize him as a black "Hitler" and blacks in the diaspora will follow suit and label him one of the "whateva worst dictators in history."

But for now..... bless you, brutha Jemmeh!

Blacks like you "will follow suit and label him one of the "whateva worst dictators in history"! :( Just like they manipulated you into focusing on Winnie and Nelson Mandela's personal lives, instead of on the political lessons we should learn from their experience!!! :) YOU SHOULD TRY HAVING A LITTLE FAITH IN OUR PEOPLE!!! ;) Stop projecting onto them what you yourself would do!!! :mad:

What is the wrong with you? Other than....

Btw, the next time you want to talk "politics," don't ask "Should Nelson have divorced Winnie?" :nuts:

Last edited:

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
Jammeh, who came to power in a military coup in 1994, said the U.K. has no "moral platform" to talk about human rights.
"What brought the British to the Gambia in the first place_which was bigger than it is now —was trade in ivory because the Gambia had a lot of elephants," he said. "They wiped out all the elephants and ended up selling Africans."

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

What is sad is that should Jammeh succeed in carrying forth his PRO-Gambia/Africa policy, the British will demonize him as a black "Hitler" and blacks in the diaspora will follow suit and label him one of the "whateva worst dictators in history."

But for now..... bless you, brutha Jemmeh!
That's definitely how it works.. but at the same time you have to wonder how a leader that feels this way ever made it to power in the first place.. who knows what kinds of deals he has made to stay in power for those 10 years. Everyone, Every leader must negotiate with the western power structure.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
Blacks like you "will follow suit and label him one of the "whateva worst dictators in history"! :( Just like they manipulated you into focusing on Winnie and Nelson Mandela's personal lives, instead of on the political lessons we should learn from their experience!!! :) YOU SHOULD TRY HAVING A LITTLE FAITH IN OUR PEOPLE!!! ;) Stop projecting onto them what you yourself would do!!! :mad:

I think you may have misunderstood Kadijah's post. She just quoted some lines from the full article.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
That's definitely how it works.. but at the same time you have to wonder how a leader that feels this way ever made it to power in the first place.. who knows what kinds of deals he has made to stay in power for those 10 years. Everyone, Every leader must negotiate with the western power structure.
This is true. But as things, events and the world changes, should a leader see an opening that s/he can "fit in", they'll "get in." For although politics is the Art of Compromise, a leader compromises, i.e., waters down their wishes or beliefs ONLY when they have no other choice. When they are (or think they are) in a stronger position, they change the bargain. That's what I'm wondering about - what is going on behind the scenes that causes Jemmeh to feel he can buck the British Commonwealth system and survive. :11200:

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: