Black Positive People : From Mistreated Customer to Successful Business Owner

FaithSoulSistah

Oct 20, 2007
http://www.blacknews.com/pr/going_against_the_grain_publications101.html

Atlanta, GA (BlackNews.com) - In 2005, Devin Robinson was shopping in a Korean-owned beauty supply store for his new salon when the Korean owner threatened him with a golf club and threw Devin out of the store for no apparent reason. This enraged the author so much that he put his writing career on hold and decided to open his very own beauty supply store. With no industry experience to guide him but only his willpower to lead him, he plummeted into this Korean dominated industry and to everyone's surprise it was an alarming success.

Eighteen months after the opening of his first store, Devin had opened three stores. All stores began to thrive. Devin had many pitfalls while trying to navigate his way through this industry but somehow always came out on top. He partnered with Aron Ranen, the filmmaker of The Korean Takeover: Black Hair DVD and decided to write, Taking It Back: How to Become a Successful Black Beauty Supply Store Owner, a book that teaches other aspiring, badly treated Blacks how to get into the business and be successful at it.

This book is more than a scribe. It is a blueprint to Blacks regaining control of an industry that has been stripped from its control. Devin is one of the founding organizers of the Black Beauty Supply Association (BBSA), an organization aimed at raising awareness and sharing the existing resources amongst the Black business community. BBSA is also the organizer of the "100 Stores in 100 Days" Campaign, where Devin is spearheading this movement.

Devin stated, "This book is the gateway into the $4,000,000,000 industry that we only contribute to as customers but scarcely reap the benefits of as owners." Devin sold all of his stores to start this movement. He is canvassing the country distributing copies of his books and helping communities to "Take It Back" through business ownership. He said, "It would've been unfair for me to garner the rewards of owning my businesses without teaching other Blacks how to do the same. This mission is greater than me!"

Devin has a 38-city tour scheduled beginning in the early part of February 2008. He will be making appearances with Aron Ranen at selected locations.

To schedule an interview or appearance with Devin Robinson please contact: Going Against the Grain Publications at 678-489-7270 or log onto www.takingitbackblack.com for more book info.

Going Against the Grain Publications
Public Relations
Nomaine Flowers
Ph: 678-489-7270

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sekou kasimu Nigeria : Headline: How Nigerian Citizens Are Mistreated In China! Nigeria 1
Destee Black People : Paula Deen - Dogg Bounty Hunter - Imus - Black People Can Be Killed or Mistreated With Impunity Black People Open Forum 36
G Chief Elder Osiris : WOE UNTO THE BLACK WORLD FOR THE WAY WE HAVE MISTREATED AND... Chief Elder Osiris 0
M Black Poetry : MISTREATED Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Destee Black People : Why Go Where You Are Mistreated? Black People Open Forum 25
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Waffle House Customer, James Shaw Jr., Hailed A Hero After Wrestling Rifle Away From Shooter Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Female Customer Unhappy With Haircut 'Goes Back To Shoot Barber’ Black People Open Forum 6
C Black People : Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened': Black People Open Forum 22
Destee Nigeria : Western Union, MoneyGram and the Nigerian Customer Nigeria 0
D Science and Technology : CUSTOMER SERVICE PROMPTS... WASTE OF TECHNOLOGY Science and Technology 0
M Black Poetry : A day in the life of a Customer Service Rep !!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
C Black People : The Successful Disorientation About Reparation Black People Open Forum 0
IFE Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women SUCCESSFUL IN LAWSUITS FOR HAIR DISCRIMINATION Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 3
S Black People : 8 Successful Black Communities Destroyed by White Neighbors Black People Open Forum 6
Chidike Black Relationships : Why Successful Black Men in Brazil Won’t Marry Black Women Black Relationships 8
Kemetstry African American History Culture : SUCCESSFUL SLAVE REVOLT African American History Culture 0
RAPTOR Black People : Donald Sterling says Jews help their own, but successful African Americans do not Black People Open Forum 60
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Kid CEO builds successful business from scratch Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Knowledge Seed Black Relationships : The Myth of Educated/Successful Black Women Black Relationships 5
M Black People : How Good Students & Successful Blacks Reflect Poorly On Black Americans Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black People Politics : Birmingham boycott successful then, national Boycott successful Now? Black People Politics 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Successful Conspiracy To Divide The Black Woman Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE SUCCESSFUL SUBJECTIVE PSYCHOLOGICAL ATTACK AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE. Chief Elder Osiris 0
F Black Positive People : B. Smith, be successful Black People Doing Positive Things 0
D Pan-Africanism : African Immigrants a Successful Bunch, But Not Overall Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 14
river Celebrate A Successful First Class Online Classes - Be a Teacher! 1
Isaiah THE BATON ROUGE BUS BOYCOTT:THE FIRST SUCCESSFUL OF SEGREGATED PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. Honoring Black Ancestors 3
L Black Relationships : How do you feel about successful Black Men dating White woman? Black Relationships 65
A Destee Network : Your Business With Be Successful (Yes/No) ??? Destee Network : 1