Black Relationships : Friends Forever

Mario William vitale

Jun 6, 2017
Over the last few weeks, my eyes have been opened wide only to sadly see the true colors of “friends”...I wish I were blind.
Know this- if I consider you a friend, I hold our friendship in the highest regard.
I will never say something behind your back.
I’ll be a true friend and tell you when you’re wrong.
I will disrupt my personal schedule and arrangements to be there for you.
I will stick up for you when someone talks **** about you.
I will not use our friendship for my own personal gain.
I will not mislead you- only advise/observe and let you make your own decisions.
I will not be fake.
If I don’t like someone, I avoid them at all costs.
I don’t keep my friends close and my enemies closer.
And if at any point in the past, I’ve made you mad, uncomfortable, come across weird, strange, etc...whatever...I am truly sorry. Never my intention and honestly being perceived in that fashion is one of my biggest fears.
I’m just an honest, caring, sensitive and sometimes terribly awkward guy.
It just sucks knowing that smiles and hellos that I initially received are sometimes followed by eyes looking for the nice soft spot on my back for their knife..

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Over the last few weeks, my eyes have been opened wide only to sadly see the true colors of “friends”...I wish I were blind.
Know this- if I consider you a friend, I hold our friendship in the highest regard.
I will never say something behind your back.
I’ll be a true friend and tell you when you’re wrong.
I will disrupt my personal schedule and arrangements to be there for you.
I will stick up for you when someone talks **** about you.
I will not use our friendship for my own personal gain.
I will not mislead you- only advise/observe and let you make your own decisions.
I will not be fake.
If I don’t like someone, I avoid them at all costs.
I don’t keep my friends close and my enemies closer.
And if at any point in the past, I’ve made you mad, uncomfortable, come across weird, strange, etc...whatever...I am truly sorry. Never my intention and honestly being perceived in that fashion is one of my biggest fears.
It just sucks knowing that smiles and hellos that I initially received are sometimes followed by eyes looking for the nice soft spot on my back for their knife..

Hi @Mario William vitale ... is this poetry or meant for the discussion forum?

I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience, but it does happen to the best of us.

The only ones that can really hurt us, are the ones we trust - the ones we call friend.

It's a 2 edge sword, but worth the risk when we've found true ones.

Don't let one (or few) discourage you (too much).

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
The world seeks to absolutely devour people like you because a lot of people in the world can't find it in themselves to be those things you describe; honest, caring, sensitive, etc.

Like @Destee stated, I hope you don't let the often self proclaimed "lions" discourage you. There are worthwhile human beings out there who truly believe in the type of friendship you described. They are worth waiting for and definitely worth hanging onto.

Blessings to you.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: