going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Absurdity,

Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white

Fox News host Megyn Kelly has made herself the center of a racial controversy by declaring that Jesus Christ and Santa Claus are white.
On Wednesday night, Kelly was responding to an article by Slate writer Aisha Harris, who wrote an article entitled “ Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore .”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fox-news-host-megyn-kelly-says-jesus-and-santa-are-white-193322244.html

Megyn Kelly: 'Santa Is What He Is,' Which Is White

Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore

It’s time to give St. Nick his long overdue makeover.

By Aisha Harris

When I was a kid, I knew two different Santa Clauses. The first had a fat belly, rosy cheeks, a long white beard, and skin as pink as bubble gum. He was omnipresent, visiting my pre-school and the local mall, visible in all of my favorite Christmas specials.
Then there was the Santa in my family’s household, in the form of ornaments, cards, and holiday figurines. A near-carbon copy of the first one—big belly, rosy cheeks, long white beard: check, check, check. But his skin was as dark as mine.
Seeing two different Santas was bewildering. Eventually I asked my father what Santa really looked like. Was he brown, like us? Or was he really a white guy?

My father replied that Santa was every color. Whatever house he visited, jolly old St. Nicholas magically turned into the likeness of the family that lived there.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...e_meet_santa_the_penguin_a_new_christmas.html

Last edited:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
this is an interesting story ... :news:

i don't see what's wrong with her saying these things ... she's not the first or last

it's been said for centuries ... it's burned into our psyche ... images and stories abound of such

did she and i miss the memo ... the story been changed ... again ... ?? ... :search:

fa real doe ... if i can say they are black, why can't she say they're white?

is it her job to remain objective and neutral ... like all other news media on tv ... ?? ... :tv1:

:heart:

Destee

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Is this for real? Santa? Are we going to start hearing feminists argue Santa is actually a woman? Does it matter? :10500:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
this is an interesting story ... :news:

i don't see what's wrong with her saying these things ... she's not the first or last

it's been said for centuries ... it's burned into our psyche ... images and stories abound of such

did she and i miss the memo ... the story been changed ... again ... ?? ... :search:

fa real doe ... if i can say they are black, why can't she say they're white?

is it her job to remain objective and neutral ... like all other news media on tv ... ?? ... :tv1:

:heart:

Destee

Actually, her job (though its on Fox News) lol, is to be truthful, not neutral, as much as possible. And in this case, her position wavers from today's common knowledge about SinterKlaas and Jesus; its timely and relevant due to the season we are in, but its just not accurate and misleads.

It's search and researching that brings about truth, beginning on this Site:

Santa Claus - Dutch style ;)

Discussion in 'Brother OldSoul' started by Zulile, Sep 27, 2007

History shows that St Nicholas had a favourite slave from Ethiopia - named Piter. Black Pete is Sinterklaas's "helper".. in addition, if your kids have been bad during the year, Black Pete will put them in a sack and carry them back to Spain. It is Black Petes job to entertain the crowds..

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/santa-claus-dutch-style.48429/

We find the Dutch were onto something, it was Santa's helpers (depicted as black moors) that actually gave the gifts to the kids, not St. Nicholas (Sinterklaas). So yes, the story did change from black to white.

Zwarte Piet (pronounced ['zʋɑrtə pit], "Black Pete") is thecompanion of Saint Nicholas (Dutch: Sinterklaas from which the American figure of Santa Claus is derived) in the folklore of the Low Countries. Like Santa Claus, Zwarte Piet is a hybridstock characterof pagan origin. In its modern form, the character is commonly depicted as a blackamoor, with blackface make-up, and dressed in stylized colourful Renaissance attire, akin to Maures in European heraldry, and similar to Moorish characters in the "Moors and Christians" Iberian folk festivals commemorating the Reconquista.

Blackamoor figures (Italian moretto, moretti) are depictions of black Africans used in sculpture, jewelry, armorial designs and decorative art.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackamoors_(decorative_arts)

Is racism involved with the celebration? That question was put to the UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).

The United Nations Commission on Human Rights is investigating whether the Dutch tradition of Zwarte Piet perpetuates a racist stereotype of people of African descent. Zwarte Piet, which means ‘black Pete’ in Dutch, is a common character in the Netherlands’ Sinterklaas holiday narrative.
In a letter to the Dutch government in January, UN rapporteurs of the working group on people of African descent, as well as rapporteurs of human rights, cultural rights and racism wrote that they “received information” suggesting “the character and image of Black Pete perpetuate a stereotyped image of African people and people of African descent as second-class citizens, fostering an underlying sense of inferiority within Dutch society and stirring racial differences as well as racism”.

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/un-investigates-if-dutch-tradition-zwarte-piet-racist

Lastly, there is strong evidence to the age old question, supporting that the historical Jesus was Black, which most people accept today:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/color-of-the-cross.42995/page-108#post-737003

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Fox News hires former DNC chair Donna Brazile who left CNN after tipping off Clinton Black People Politics 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Fox News Launches Racist Attack Against African-American Trump Critic Rep. Maxine Waters Black People Politics 28
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Fox News trying to slam Rev Al Sharpton AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : ‘The Black Girl’ Stacey Dash Gets Canned By Fox News Black Entertainment 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Fox News Suspends Contributors for Anti-Obama Profanity (Video) Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Even Fox News is outraged at Boehner and Netanyahu's plan to undermine Obama Black People Politics 1
Kemetstry Black People : 12 KING QUOTES YOU WONT SEE ON FOX NEWS Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : fox news faked the protesters chant..... Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Jon Stewart Apologizes to Megyn Kelly, Fox News for White Santa Jokes (Video) Black People Open Forum 13
Kadijah Black People Politics : Fox News Ridiculous Obama 'betrayal of Mandela' Debate Black People Politics 1
legit-writer Black People : Fox News Hires Paula Deen for New Cooking Show Black People Open Forum 8
W Black People : Is Fox News a Fake Network? Black People Open Forum 11
Ankhur Black People : Howard Dean calls out the REAL racists ; FOX news! Black People Open Forum 8
RAPTOR Black People : Fox News Correspondent: Woods Should Convert to Christianity Black People Open Forum 1
I Black People : How FOX NEWS programs your mind.... Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Why Fox news attacks OBAMA AACOOLDRE 3
King Tubbs Black People : Positive news on Africa you wont see on CNN, Fox etc Black People Open Forum 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Fox Soul Cancels Farrakhan Fourth of July Speech After Outrage From ADL, Tapper Black People Open Forum 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump tweeted lavish praise of himself from an evangelical Fox and Friends pundit, Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God” Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump Has 'Fulfilled Biblical Prophecy' By Moving Embassy To Jerusalem, Fox's Jeanine Pirro Claims Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Kemetstry African American History Culture : JOHN ROBERT FOX African American History Culture 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : fox-anchor-details-networks-racism-in-press-conference Black People Politics 0
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Bill O'Reilly Off Fox Network! Black Entertainment 10
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : O'REILLY OUT AT FOX??? Black Entertainment 9
Liberty Black Entertainment : Black Cop Kills Unarmed White Kid? Everything Isn’t as It Seems in Fox’s New Series Shots Fired Black Entertainment 0
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Jamie Fox 2 Portray ---Marvin Gaye Black Entertainment 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THE MEMO TO CNN, Fox & MSNBC AACOOLDRE 0
S Black Entertainment : Is Jamie Fox's film, "Law Abiding Citizen" a white power film? Black Entertainment 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Bill Maher Rips Facebook, Calls Glenn Beck, Matt Drudge and Fox ‘Cracker Trifecta’ Black People Open Forum 6
RAPTOR Audio Video Web Conferencing : Nas - Sly Fox Video Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : More power to the Fed? Liscence for the Fox guarding the Hen House? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Mass. Scott Brown/ The Fox Dances over the hen House Black People Open Forum 6
Ankhur Black People : Scrutiny needed over the Fox(Fed. Res.) watching the Hen House Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : After all the bailouts, the Fox will be watching the Hen House Black People Open Forum 0
H Black People : Rev. Jeremiah Wright.... What you don't see on FOX! Black People Open Forum 5
D Black Entertainment : She "burped quite loudly," - Drunken Vivica Fox called cop racist Black Entertainment 0
Destee Black Entertainment : O.J. Simpson to Tell FOX How He Would Have Killed Slain Wife Nicole Black Entertainment 6
1 Black People : Vicente Fox & the "Black ADL" Black People Open Forum 39
PoeticManifesta Black People : FWHAT ABOUT WHAT FOX SAID? iS IT TRUE? MEXICANS IN AMERICA, SLAVE LABOR? Black People Open Forum 24
M Black Poetry : Saw Some Reruns Of Goodtimes On Fox Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
HODEE Black People Politics : Biden accuses ‘weak’ Trump of stoking violence - BBC News Black People Politics 8
HODEE Black People : News Anchor Referenced to Kamala Harris as ‘colored’ He was Fired Black People Open Forum 1
G Science and Technology : Interesting Video of KGB Global Disinformation (Fake News) Campaign Against America Science and Technology 0
R Black Poetry : This is news to someone play the blues and come undone need girl to have fun a ton hitting nerds with written words gitting absurd kisses while birds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : First 24-hour news channel "by and for" African Americans set to launch during Black History Month Black People Doing Positive Things 8
Fine1952 Black Ancestors : When Eye Heard The News... Honoring Black Ancestors 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Nigeria : Nigeria Surprised by News of Possible U.S. Travel Restrictions Nigeria 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Joy Behar, the View: It’s ‘Good News’ That White Nationalists Are Turning on Trump Over Soleimani Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black News Channel Focusing On African American Coverage To Launch In January 2020 Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Chyko Black People Politics : Current News USA Today: Ben Carson Ruthlessly Mocked For Opening White House Cabinet Meeting With Prayer Thanking God For Trump Black People Politics 1