Black Poetry : Forget me Knots - Spoken Word Piece on Paper.

Judas Inkpod

Nov 7, 2018
We drink of this cup
in memory of
the trek of our fathers
through valleys and shadows
of deprivation,
the rape of our sisters and mothers
at shows of humiliation-,
by the hand of they who would
refuse them freedom's flow-,
children ripped from the arms
of loved ones they know,
daily whip lashes and empty bowls..
And yet,

We present these sacred 'forget me nots'

Serenading their memories
with reflections and soul selfies
that keep us woke;
toiling while others sleep,
wading neck deep..
in the ****,
seemingly forever gripped
by every bit,
and it is galling-,

Still we present these 'forget me nots'

that their suffering
be never forgotten
the lines are deeply etched,
within our mind's eyes,
still over the horizon lay their sacrificial prize
as we traverse these lows and highs-,

We pause to offer these 'forget me nots'

We be God-walking in the guise of clay-
refusing to bow to sorrow's blade
we turn arrows aimed into boomerangs flung
from quivers hung among the stars,
wrestling with unrealized dreams,
but buoyed upon streams of their visions grand
we still traverse this land.

Presenting these 'forget me nots'

To all who deign to dare not care,
that we've been branded costs now sunk,
within this funk of memories tossed-,

upon heaps of these 'forget me nots'

Lay sons and daughters of Akebulan
carrying names imposed
in bloodied fields of sugarcane
and southern rows of cotton terror reigns
now pinning some to Hades rows
the graffiti of their precious souls
stacked ghost-like
in cells of silenced possibilities,
their lot bargained for filthy lucre's loot-
- those chickens never came to roost-

their bloodied feet still reek
on street corners
and intersections where hate meets fear,
at the chalked outlines
of the damned and the divine-,

along this route of their 'forget me nots'​

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : Don't Forget, The BIBLE is the ULTIMATE Black History book Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Kemetstry Black People : LEST WE FORGET Black People Open Forum 0
TotalView Black Poetry : sometimes i forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Ndugu Black People : Lets not forget the Brother at Kroger that bust shot, on the terrorist to protect his wife! Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black People : WHY WE SHOULD NEVER LET GO OR FORGET Black People Open Forum 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Don’t Forget About the Electoral College Black People Politics 49
nilevalley Black People : Don't forget to look up and view this luminous marvel tonight Black People Open Forum 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Zulu king: I won't let my people forget our history All Things Africa 2
nilevalley Black People : How easy it is forget the plights of others in the world. Black People Open Forum 14
chuck Black People : Lest we forget? Black People Open Forum 4
RAPTOR Black People : Boyce Watkins - Rapper Common on racism: "Let's forget about the past" Black People Open Forum 5
shaka64 Black People : Forget Coffins – Organic Burial Pods Will Turn Your Loved Ones Into Trees Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Don’t Forget to Eat the Peel Black Health and Wellness 13
HODEE Black People : Don't forget to be good to him! A Woman's Perpective Black People Open Forum 0
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : Lest We Forget... Black People Open Forum 8
dunwiddat Black People : A reminder ...lest we forget Black People Open Forum 4
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Popes Gone Wild: What the Catholic Church Would Rather You Forget Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
chuck Black People : Lest We Forget The Nineties? Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Hadiya Pendleton - Never Forget OldSoul 1
chuck Black People : What They Need And Want Us To Forget! Black People Open Forum 7
chuck Black People : Lest You Forget, 'Black Militants'! Black People Open Forum 0
TotalView Black Poetry : Sometimes I Forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
TotalView Quiet Poetry Lounge : i will not forget again Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Glenn Lewis - Don't You Forget It Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Curtis Mayfield Let Us Not Forget Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
PurpleMoons African American History Culture : LEST WE NOT FORGET African American History Culture 137
C Black Ancestors : We must not forget our Ancestors! Honoring Black Ancestors 6
cherryblossom Black Christians : "Forgive And Forget" Christian Study Group 21
river Black People : Forget Reparations, Gimme a Bailout Black People Open Forum 6
T Black People : Lest We Forget...HIStory Black People Open Forum 19
watzinaname Black Poetry : Can't Forget to Remember Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
howardtsu Black Poetry : Too Pretty to Forget Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
B Black People : Never forget slavery Black People Open Forum 2
anAfrican Black People : Forget thee not! Black People Open Forum 0
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : How Soon We Forget Omowale Jabali 0
D Black People : SLAVERY: WHY SHOULD WE FORGET ABOUT IT? Black People Open Forum 99
river Black Spirituality Religion : Forget Willie Lynch - God Taught the White Man How to Handle His Slaves Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 50
anAfrican Black Parenting : Lest We Forget! Black Parenting 5
M Black People : We must not forget (Katrina) New Orleans* Black People Open Forum 3
I African American History Culture : The tribe Germany wants to forget African American History Culture 2
M Black Ancestors : Lest We Forget.... Honoring Black Ancestors 9
river Black Spirituality Religion : Here's An Online Research Database - Forget Google Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
ibrahim Black Poetry : So, don't forget me if i die. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 28
M Egypt : Forget Egypt, Africa Has its own Great Wall of China Egypt 16
river Black Spirituality Religion : Forget This Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : I Will Never Forget The Evil And Horror Of chattel Slavery Chief Elder Osiris 0
1 Black Entertainment : Don't Forget to Watch The Vibe Awards Black Entertainment 11
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : FORGET ME NOT ! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Black People : September 11th Never Forget Black People Open Forum 3