Black People : Finding Other "Awakened" Black Folks

kde

Oct 26, 2009
I am avoiding the use of "conscious" in my title because it has been poisoned by brothers and sisters who rock locks but jock white folks; those who talk black and sleep white; those who wear message T-shirts but don't read books; those who say Yahushua was black but prey to idols of a white Jesus Christ and so on ...

I am finding, in this stage of life in particular, that the more I know and learn, the more I connect with what I identify as the divinity within and without, the more I feel disconnected from this world and most of its inhabitants whom I encounter - black, white and otherwise.

I have a sincere longing to be in community with other melanated people who are awakened and continue to undergo an awakening, but it is incredibly challenging. I am not sure if it's a matter of my location or circumstances (despite my views, I work in corporate America at a "good" job and live in a white neighborhood in the costliest [which doesn't mean my house is, per se] zip code in the city). I know black people who profess consciousness, but don't live and maneuver consciously (see examples above).

How have you coped with being out of step with the Matrix, within our culture as African-Americans and without in the greater majority society? I am finding it incredibly isolating and looking for some suggestions, insights and views from others.

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
I am avoiding the use of "conscious" in my title because it has been poisoned by brothers and sisters who rock locks but jock white folks; those who talk black and sleep white; those who wear message T-shirts but don't read books; those who say Yahushua was black but prey to idols of a white Jesus Christ and so on ...

I am finding, in this stage of life in particular, that the more I know and learn, the more I connect with what I identify as the divinity within and without, the more I feel disconnected from this world and most of its inhabitants whom I encounter - black, white and otherwise.

I have a sincere longing to be in community with other melanated people who are awakened and continue to undergo an awakening, but it is incredibly challenging. I am not sure if it's a matter of my location or circumstances (despite my views, I work in corporate America at a "good" job and live in a white neighborhood in the costliest [which doesn't mean my house is, per se] zip code in the city). I know black people who profess consciousness, but don't live and maneuver consciously (see examples above).

How have you coped with being out of step with the Matrix, within our culture as African-Americans and without in the greater majority society? I am finding it incredibly isolating and looking for some suggestions, insights and views from others.
This is a profound, weighty matter here. The frustrations you've expressed here are palpable through the screen.

Well, as a Christian, according to some, I may not qualify for the School of the "Awakened/Conscious." Now, I say that with no intended sarcasm, just expressing a common thought.

However, I will say that as a Black person in White America, so many have, in some respect, had to "get in where we fit in" while also, somehow, still maintaining our Blackness.

After Integration, Black Americans voluntarily mingled within the areas of White society which had previously been barred to them and were also involuntarily thrust into areas which many would have preferred to keep to and for ourselves.

So, today, finding a "happy medium" between having to work with/for and, to an extent, also fraternize with White society, leaves the Black American with a duality in his/her life.

So, aside from you moving to another country, one which is largely African populated and centered where you can be around like-minded people, I have no absolutes to offer you....only that we all must find that "do-able" niche from which we can still make a living/support our families and hobbies and interests and also deal with and maneuver within and around the eddies of White America.

Perhaps some others can offer you some more concrete help.

I have read Brother JamesfromPhilly speak of the Ausar Auset Society. Maybe he can give you some info about a nearby Chapter. (I don't know where you live.)

From reading your post here, it sounds like you need a "Cultural Waterhole" to go to for renewal and grounding.

I wish you well.

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
Kde, are you a "brother" or a "sister?"

I don't wanna address you incorrectly.

*I have done so many times before*

Oh!.......and another person who may be of assistance to you is Sister TrueToTheCause.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
welcome!

good news and bad news dept: this site can be an outlet for your needs: this site can be damned annoying at times.

i have had exactly the same life experience as you report.
i have just become more and more of a loner.
i have made a comfortable home for myself and most days i just stay in it.
i got a big flat screen HD TV. i got the internet. i got a huge music collection.
there are days when i do not speak to another human being. nothing to say.

this works for me but it may not work for others.

i'm old and retired and celibate so i got no drive to get out there.
if you still got hormones popping it may be more difficult.

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
The matrix is in full force for a reason---cause MOST people are allowing it to operate as such. My own experience tells me to warn you that you are NOT on a completely alone path---but it is indeed lonely, because others of like mind are often so greatly scattered. Although I'm in close proximity, I even feel distant from family and have wondered if, this mess continues as is, the ties will be maintained at all. I am seeing what's wrong here...SEEING it but don't really know what to do to maneuver around it, and yet know I cannot continue to go along with it. As difficult as it looks right now, I REFUSE to close off potential contact with other like BLACK minds, because I know it is anti-self---which is precisely what our enemies want--for us to forget that not every one among our people will cooperate. THAT is what you must learn to cling to. Continue to strengthen and heal the spirit within as you tune out the fake 'consciousness'. More than anything, don't ever forget that, regardless of appearance, you are NOT alone.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: