Black Money Business Jobs : Finance Position: FW: Wall Street Friends - The Exchange

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
I would like to submit the following attached opportunity.Qualified interested candidates can feel free to respond to me directly with their resumes and a cover letter.

Thanks,

Christine N. Farrier

Vice President

Marketing and Communications

Markit

7 Times Square, Ste. 2503

NY, NY 10036

tel: +212 931 4921

fax: +212 221 9860

cell: +646 420 3211

christine.farrier@markit.com

www.markit.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Analyst Job Spec

Company Background

Markit Group Limited is a derivatives, cash securities pricing and valuations company established in 2001. The company takes in pricing from all the main players in the industry, cleans and redistributes it whilst providing surrounding analytics for a range of products from Credit Default Swaps (our original main product, and for which we are the de facto provider of pricing for in the market) to bonds, loans and interest rate swaps. The results are also used in the valuation of trades for customers. We are fast expanding into other products as well such as ABS and other asset classes. The company has gone from 12 people in 2003 to over 220 people today with offices in the US, UK, Canada, Japan, Singapore and Spain.

The company is majority-owned by and enjoys the support of 13 of the biggest investment banks in the world, including Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers and Deutsche Bank amongst others.

With the rapid expansion the company is experiencing a New York office was opened in the last 18 months. A need has arisen for new analysts to join the existing team to support clients/sales in the US and analysts more focused on supporting the business.

Roles

There are various roles available at the moment, depending on the candidate and role we offer them this will involve -:

Client Relations

Supporting clients, potential clients and sales in aspects of our service -:
Explaining the data aggregation, cleaning and redistribution process of data, and valuations based on this data.
Providing quantitative analysis of data and coverage for current and potential clients
Dealing with customer support issues such as website access problems, download issues, data feeds to and from Markit.
Explaining to customers’ aspects (quantitative and qualitative) of the credit markets, in particular the CDS and bond markets.
Other ad-hoc tasks that arise and are delegated to them, including some of the work described below for the Data Analyst position described below.

CDS/Bonds Data Analyst

Analysis of data to enhance our current data algorithms and output.
Assist in the management of index products. Markit manages the full suite of CDX products for the whole market including managing index rolls, publishing daily closes, co-ordinating the launch of new products and marketing for all new and existing products. Markit also runs the credit event auctions for defaulted entities to settle all CDS trades referencing the defaulted entity.
In time, act as a client liaison for the data businesses in the US. This involves working with clients to understand their needs to help ensure we are delivering what they need today and in the future.
Second level support for more specific client queries passed onto them by the CRT team.
Understanding and assisting in the enhancement of all processes for gathering data and redistribution of data to clients.

All roles are client-facing.

To be effective in this role the candidate will be required to acquaint themselves with the Markit database, data processes and results, as well as the products we cover.

Requirements

The successful candidate will possess –:

Proven analytical, problem-solving and quantitative skills
A detail-orientated approach to their work
Ability and confidence to handle people across a range of areas within banks and hedge funds – anywhere from the CEO down
A solid interest in finance and in particular financial markets. Experience in this context will be viewed upon favorably particularly for the Analyst role.
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Excellent excel skills with knowledge of VB desirable
Knowledge of SQL would be preferable, but not essential. Note the successful candidate will be expected to learn this
Bachelors Degree in a quantitative subject

Both roles are an excellent opportunity for recent graduates to establish themselves in the financial markets industry.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Request Network is more than just PayPal 2.0 — It could revolutionize the finance world Black Money Business Jobs 0
Beautiful black female The Front Porch : I believe so if u have the finance's to offered that luxury The Front Porch 1
Liberty Black Short Stories : Here’s What Happened When Yahoo! Finance Tweeted, ‘Trump Wants a Much N–ger Navy’ Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Finance Black Money Business Jobs 0
dunwiddat Black People : Finance might be tight....but be careful and be aware Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : Steve Cokely: White Finance of Black Leadership Black People Open Forum 9
Alarm Clock Black People : Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Has No Money For Schools, But Wants Residents to Finance Stadium Black People Open Forum 49
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : [How to] Teach Your Kids about Personal Finance Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : Are we at the table about the Afghan escalation or finance reform? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : A Finance Bill to Ensure future Plutocracy Black People Open Forum 7
Ankhur Black People : the SOPRANOS of finance, first Bernanke, now Geithner Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Best Way To Keep a War Going, Finance Your Enemies Black People Open Forum 2
P Black People Politics : The President's speech today on Finance Reform, Wall st. Black People Politics 1
brown_h0rnet Destee Network : Personal Finance Articles Destee Network : 2
R Black Poetry : Got a job great that operate my finance try for a chance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Black Money Business Jobs : Finance articles source Black Money Business Jobs 0
P Nigeria : Profile: Nigeria's respected finance minister Nigeria 0
Destee Black People : Auto Finance Firms Discriminate? Black People Open Forum 1
A Africa : African Union Ministers of Finance and Economy Appeal for Debt Cancellation... All Things Africa 0
P Black People : Fleet Bank helped to finance slavery!! Black People Open Forum 4
Kemetstry Black Relationships : LADIES: WHAT'S YOUR POSITION? Black Relationships 10
R Black Poetry : Place rhymes in the internet chase minds eat dinner and yet to have steak, get quicker friction from a particular position, see a girl with a brown bu Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
T Black Muslims : The " Sitting "( i.e. Juluws) position in Worship (i.e. Salaat) Islam Study Group 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Bernie And Hillary Have The Same Position On Slavery Reparations......... Black People Politics 37
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : The Best Sleep Position for Your Brain Black Health and Wellness 0
KingSango Black People : My position. Black People Open Forum 59
DDW Black People Politics : Position on Senate rule changes, changes... Black People Politics 8
ru2religious Black People : Rethinking my position on NSA Spying!!! Black People Open Forum 8
noor100 Black Muslims : Islam Position on slavery Islam Study Group 0
U Quiet Poetry Lounge : My Position Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Ankhur Black People Politics : What is a Black president's position on Reparations? Black People Politics 0
Destee My Position on the $$RICH$$ Situation Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 22
G Black Poetry : MISSIONARY POSITION Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
howardtsu Black Poetry : You're Maintaining my Position Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : An Uncompromising Position On Reparation Chief Elder Osiris 6
M Black Spirituality Religion : My position on the Word of GOD Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 65
D Black Spirituality Religion : My Position on Torah: For Those Weak In Understanding..... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
1poetsought Black Poetry : The Missionary Position Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
S Black Poetry : My Position Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : NEW BLACK WALL STREET EXCHANGE Black Money Business Jobs 0
G Law Forum : Police Blue Wall of Silence: A Case Study In The Arrogance of Lies To Protect Criminals Who Wear The Badge Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Life on Detroit's 8 Mile Wall, a vestige of US racial segregation African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Equatorial Guinea : One of Africa’s wealthiest countries is building a Trump-like wall to stop migrants Equatorial Guinea 0
R Black Poetry : "knew this girl that was home yall up against a stone wall because of a wrong phone call now this boy want some and could fall in love after he break Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ndugu Black People : Emergency for a Wall! Next>.. Emergency for tanks in the Black community? Black People Open Forum 7
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Balls To The Wall Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : The Wall Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Law Forum : CONVERSATION WITH THE LAST SURVIVOR OF BLACK WALL STREET Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THOMAS JEFFERSON WALL TO SEPARTE CHURCH & STATE: Was he influenced by Count Volney’s Ruins of the Em AACOOLDRE 3
Liberty Black Entertainment : A-List African-American Celebrities Are Up Against the Wall in This Powerful PSA Against Police Brut Black Entertainment 0