Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Old but not demented, in oor health but conciderate o the health of others

vCholera Deaths in Haiti

By Fidel Castro Ruz

Global Research, November 30, 2010

Yesterday I explained that in Haiti 1,523 persons had died as a result of cholera and at the same time, the measures adopted by the Party and Government of Cuba.

I didn't think I would be writing anything today about the problem. However I give up that idea in order to write a short Reflection on the subject.

Dr. Lea Guido, PHO-WHO representative en Cuba ?at this moment is representing both organizations in two countries and is a person with a wealth of experience ?, stated this afternoon that under current conditions Haiti can expect that the epidemic will affect 400,000 persons.

On the other hand, the Deputy Minister of Health of Cuba and Chief of the Cuban Medical Mission, our country's ambassador in Haiti and other comrades in the mission, have been meeting all day with President René Preval, Dr. Lea Guido, the Haitian Minister of Health and other officials from Cuba and Haiti, drawing up measures that will be urgently applied.

The Cuban Medical Mission is looking after 37 centres dealing with the epidemic where, until today, they have cared for 26,040 persons affected with cholera; to these they will immediately add, along with the Henry Reeve Brigade, 12 more medical centres (for a total of 49) with 1,100 new beds, in tents that were designed and made for those purposes in Norway and other countries, already purchased with earthquake funds, delivered to Cuba by Venezuela for the reconstruction of the Haitian health system.

Late today encouraging news arrived from Dr. Somarriba: during the past seven days there has not been one single death from cholera in the centres looked after by the Cuban Medical Mission. That figure would be impossible to keep up since other factors can come into play in that result, but the acquired experience, suitable methods and the degree of dedication achieved provides us with a very cheering idea.

We are also pleased that President René Preval, whose term in office ends next January 16th, has made the decision to transform the struggle against the epidemic into the most important activity of his life, one he will leave as a legacy to the people of Haiti and to the government that follows him.

Fidel Castro Ruz

November 27, 2010

www.globalresearch.ca

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : colin-kaepernick-praises-fidel-castro Black Sports 9
Liberty Black People Politics : Black America and the Passing of Fidel Castro Black People Politics 1
chuck Black People Politics : Let's Do Share Our Thoughts About The Legacy Of Fidel Castro: Black People Politics 27
G Black People : Fidel Castro calls into live Chavez TV show Black People Open Forum 0
A Black Haiku : Fidel and Cuban cigars Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People : castro found dead in cell... Black People Open Forum 15
Zulile Black Authors : Executive Action - 638 ways to kill Castro Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
G Black People : Castro sees transformation of food into energy as monstrous act Black People Open Forum 1
Destee Black People : Castro - Cuba - Black People Black People Open Forum 2
P Black People : Castro steps aside after surgery Black People Open Forum 0
P Namibia : Castro reveals role in Angola, Namibia independence Namibia 7
MANASIAC Black People : My Man Castro Speaks on Bush Black People Open Forum 13
Destee Pan Africanism : Castro says Bush Plotting to Kill Him African American History Culture 0
Al D Africa : African artist speaks to life and remembrance in art All Things Africa 0
HODEE Black People Politics : Robert Mueller speaks...then Resigns Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : Malcolm speaks...... Black People Politics 0
OldSoul Black People : Michael Eric Dyson speaks at Aretha Franklin funeral service Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Earna Speaks on her African Experience - Ghana May 2018 Journey of a Lifetime Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Maxine Waters - !Speaks! Black People Politics 45
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Hawk and Night Mare Speaks Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Escapegoat Speaks: Don't Blame Me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : President of Black Owned Bank Speaks Out: Black Money Business Jobs 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : The World Can’t Afford President Obama’s Silence Anymore - He Speaks Black People Politics 12
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : diddy speaks... Black Entertainment 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Shirley Caesar Speaks On Kim Burrell’s Homophobic Rant, “Collect The Phones At The Door” Christian Study Group 4
OldSoul OldSoul : Michael Slager Jury Foreman Speaks Out On Mistrial In Walter Scott Shooting OldSoul 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Serena Williams speaks out against police violence: ‘I won’t be silent’ Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
crwn Black People : Ex Nazi Frank Joseph Speaks ANCIENT BLACK GODS OF AMERICA Black People Open Forum 5
OldSoul OldSoul : Change the Channel - Mallence Speaks OldSoul 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Speaks Out: 'I Do Consider Myself to Be Black' Black People Politics 132
chuck Black People : Daughter Of Malcolm X Speaks About His Legacy Black People Open Forum 8
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Captain America Speaks... Black Entertainment 0
shaka64 Black Education / Schools : Former student speaks out about 3-year relationship with teacher Black Education / Schools 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Pau Gasol speaks to Heat president Pat Riley Black Sports 9
jamesfrmphilly South Sudan : SOUTH SUDANESE SISTER SPEAKS South Sudan 2
Knowledge Seed Black Spirituality Religion : Ifa Speaks Against Whites in ATRs Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 65
rapunzal24 Health and Wellness : Magic Johnson speaks about home HIV test Black Health and Wellness 3
RAPTOR Black People : Glen Ford Speaks about the Black "Mis-Leadership" Class Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black Spirituality Religion : New Jewish Translation Speaks of the Ark Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Kemetstry Black People : M. L. KING SPEAKS TO TODAY Black People Open Forum 1
G Black Entertainment : Afrika Bambaataa Speaks on the Early Days of Hip Hop & the Zulu Nation Black Entertainment 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama rodeo clown speaks out, says he would be ‘honored’ to shake president’s hand Black People Politics 0
Alarm Clock Black Women : Blast From the Past; Phyllis Hyman Speaks on Black Owned Businesses Black Women 4
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Marcus Garvey interview, Mr. Garvey speaks about his trial and persecution Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Black Education / Schools : Michelle Obama Speaks at School with Tons of Rats, Leaking Ceilings and Paint Peeling from the Walls Black Education / Schools 2
noor100 Black Muslims : Malcolm X's Associate Speaks at Lincoln U: Devastating Critique of Black Self-Hatred Islam Study Group 0
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Muhammad Speaks Omowale Jabali 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Dr. Claud Anderson Speaks Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Justice Clarence Thomas speaks for 1st time in 7 years during aural arguments Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 17
Knowledge Seed Black People : Malcolm X Speaks on Black Economics Black People Open Forum 6