Nigeria : Female Genital Mutilation Banned In Nigeria

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
FGM should stop, period.....why are we even getting side tracked?
I agree 100%....they both should stop.
Most people recognize the urgency of abolishing FGM, which is as it should be. Many overlook Male Circumcision as equally deserving of abolition.
but do not trivialize male circumcision or say they are not "remotely similar" the effect is almost the same in many cases.....In short Male Circumcision is not Trivial, especially in places where proper medical training or facilities are lacking.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
how about we just don't cut on children? will that make errbody happy?
FGM must be stopped!
I would agree with that. But, as I said, even though my research led me to be against having my son cut, his Dad felt strongly that it should be done. Since he had been cut, I felt he was more knowledgeable on the subject than me. His main argument was merely that having it done would make my son feel "normal", "like everybody else". If I had the chance to do it all over again, knowing more about as I do now, I think I would fight harder against it. Although it hasn't presented any problems, I feel it was unnecessary.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
I am just gonna agree to disagree with you. I'm done. You can continue to post whatever you want. If the youtube from the grown women who are still suffering from the FGM that was performed on them when they were just little girls is still wreaking havoc in their body's and minds, doesn't give you a clue that FGM is more harmful than male circumcision,... You will never comprehend the reality of this discussion. I'm gonna leave you where you be. See if you can find any substantial movements of professionals who agree with you. Good luck with that. See if Jonathan Goodluck is making laws to protect boys from circumcision. Maybe YOU can start a movement!

Well, that's all I got for you.

Peace, out!

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia
Thank you it was a pleasure to exchange views with you..
There is already a movement against Male Circumcision and it will just be a matter of time before governments get over he road black set by the medical establishments and outlaw all forms of Circumcision on Minors with or without their consent.
NOCIRC
INTACTIVISM
NORM

The study, by researcher Dan Bollinger, concluded that approximately 117 neonatal deaths due directly or indirectly to circumcision occur annually in the United States, or one out of every 77 male neonatal deaths. This compares with 44 neonatal deaths from suffocation, 8 in automobile accidents and 115 from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, all of which losses have aroused deep concern among child health authorities and stimulated special programs to reduce mortality. (Remember those red noses?) Why, the study asks, has the even greater number of deaths from circumcision not aroused the same response?
http://www.circinfo.org/USA_deaths.html

The rest of the story below, could not be access with going to a website
Please watch video below in the link. Bear in mind this is just one tribe and one year in which many initiates died and many lost the total use of their penis, some to amputation.
http://mg.co.za/multimedia/2013-08-19-the-pondoland-initiates-who-lost-their-manhood[/QUOTE]

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
I would agree with that. But, as I said, even though my research led me to be against having my son cut, his Dad felt strongly that it should be done. Since he had been cut, I felt he was more knowledgeable on the subject than me. His main argument was merely that having it done would make my son feel "normal", "like everybody else". If I had the chance to do it all over again, knowing more about as I do now, I think I would fight harder against it. Although it hasn't presented any problems, I feel it was unnecessary.

Of Course you would believe that his Dad is more knowledgeable, He has a penis and he has been cut, you on the other hand do not have a penis nor has your non existence penis been cut.....

I am Truly Afraid to ask the following question because it is personal to you and not theoretical.....Feel free to refuse to answer or respond.
The question is now in hindsight who in your opinion was more knowledgeable, You or the Dad?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Of Course you would believe that his Dad is more knowledgeable, He has a penis and he has been cut, you on the other hand do not have a penis nor has your non existence penis been cut.....

I am Truly Afraid to ask the following question because it is personal to you and not theoretical.....Feel free to refuse to answer or respond.
The question is now in hindsight who in your opinion was more knowledgeable, You or the Dad?
Oh, in hindsight, I am at this time. I will just leave it at that. But, in no way would I compare it to cutting a woman's clitoris off in any way.

*smile*

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
Oh, in hindsight, I am at this time. I will just leave it at that. But, in no way would I compare it to cutting a woman's clitoris off in any way.

*smile*
There is no exact comparison, so yes their is a difference* but to say "no comparison" as if what happens to a girl is infinitely worst than what happens to boys is way off and wrong...only equally devastating results....Many boys lose their penis and even more the use of it.

I hate to have to delve into the comparison. Beyond saying that they are equally cruel. But you are forcing the issue. So here is my first foray into the sordid subject of comparing MGM and FGM......which I maintain are equally barbaric and cruel practices which should be stopped.

BIOLOGICAL.
A boy who loses the use of his penis can not have kids or sex.....A girl can still do both....albeit painful and pleasure less in most cases. Of course science of in vitro fertilization may make it possible for him to have kids. Most Poor males cannot afford this.
SOCIALLY
In all human society a male who cannot use his penis or does not have one is not consider a man or masculine - emasculation. A woman who loses her clitoris is still consider a woman and does not lose her femininity.
PSYCHOLOGY.
I will leave this part out of it for now...as it will only serve to take away from what is germane to our discussion.

A woman vagina has three major pleasure centers* and a boy has one major pleasure center.....The prepuce or foreskin.

I have never denied the cruelty and barbarity of FGM..
You have yet to acknowledge the equally devastating results MGM

* I will not elucidate or reveal the only difference I see between the both forms of mutilation as it can and does give the edge to girls being somewhat worst....if read or interpreted incorrectly.
*Some scientist say four and possible more, I will just stick with popular ones.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.