Black Poetry : Feather In The Wind (victim of slavery)

Bluewater

Jun 11, 2003
Baltimore, MD
Occupation
Praising The Lord

(from my sister eyes)

Guiding me in a direction toward the light
I’ve become a feather in the breeze

It was a path that we were taken to.
Enslaved captive confined and caged.
And the women cried out loud.
Come save me from this domain.

Yet our warriors feared them.
And we feared them as well.
Creature that we never seen before
Came and invaded our land.

Was it the color of them that added to our fear?
Was it the horror of the pain inflicted?
That helped them that scared US to tears

Is this all a terrible dream?
That I will never awaken from.
My body batter, my virtue stolen.
My children taken and gone.
They not know a Mother love
Or a Father teaching.
I just want to fly away.
Like the doves the eagles

I cried the cry of our Fathers
I cried the cry for our Warriors
I cried the tears when I seen
I was lost from my brothers.

It was a battle
I felt alone.
No one came to save me.
As they took all of me
And left my remains
The savages.

They took my child from my arms
And a price tag it adorned.
No gentle kiss from my lips.
He was gone
She was gone.
All was gone
gone
gone.

Can I become a feather
And soar up toward the sky.
Toward the western horizon
With my beautiful child.

I fear we have no Warrior here.
Because none will take up arms
To release US from the hateful grip
Of these foreigners.

I’m a woman crying the tears
Of the one before US.
The ones who cried for our men
To help
To come
And save US.
I didn’t understand why
You never grab your spears.
When you heard the maiden cry
Could you feel our tears?

I know now you didn’t know then
That you had nothing
to fear.
Now's the time feel no shame
We have work to do still

We have to stop the foreigners
From taking our children again
We are many
They are few.
Let's become rulers again

We are the lost tribe
that many
have spoken and written of

We are the mighty tribe

The Warriors
of Africa

We was lost but not anymore
And we witness so many horror.

They have no more tricks up
there sleeves.
So stop them from
Raping Our Nation Our Culture

I want to be a feather
And fly away in the wind
But that won't stop the pain
I feel When I think of my people again.

I can't become a feather
and fly up toward the sky
Because my life is here on this plain
With Our Father Our Warriors Our Child.

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
Oh if they could have become a feather, able to fly away at will, away from the madness and sadness, away...into the arms of their loved ones. Your words brought us into that fear, pain, and hope poetess. Thank you for this touching scribe.

MRS. LADY

Banned
Dec 3, 2007
everywhere and nowhere
Occupation
to seek truth
no doubt

bout that .....

wow........ this is so amazing....

being a feather would be nice.... i'll admit it 2...

but i'd rather stay and fight right beside u....

LovesDestiny

Dec 10, 2007
Midwest
Occupation
Finance & Endless Possibilities
Wow! You put it down with such clarity and compassion. I'm with you my sistah!

Da Street So'ja

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
raping a culture

ain't even the beginning

heartfelt poet

peace

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B South Africa : Feather Headdresses Are African South Africa 5
OldSoul Black People : Bird of the Iron Feather - A Special Consciousness Raising OnLine Black People Open Forum 4
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Birds Of A Feather Black Entertainment 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : Beautiful Feather Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
OldSoul OldSoul : Bird of the Iron Feather OldSoul 0
I Lost feather Honoring Black Ancestors 0
C Black People : Birds Of A Feather Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : a kiss can spin a brisk wind Which is a sign of love Online or the club Oh he jest kissed her lips While she twist her hips And said goodnight She fro Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : a kiss can spin a brisk wind she walk in the park and talk in the dark boys stalk and start a phat conversation that lead to domination a female child Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Scans Show Female Brains Remain Youthful As Male Brains Wind Down Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : look I got cake to whirl like the wind my candy curls thin a boy's // mind spin nevertheless got cle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Something Stirring In The Wind Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Earth Wind and Fire - Zanzibar Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Amen the holy/Wind/Spirit of the NT/OT AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : ISIS is Gone with the wind AACOOLDRE 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : EARTH WIND AND FIRE LEGEND DIES Black Entertainment 19
shaka64 Black People : Earth, Wind & Fire's Maurice White -- Dead at 74 Black People Open Forum 10
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Earth, Wind, and Fire - Keep Your Head To The Sky Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Earth, Wind, And Fire - Sunshine Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Bob Seger - Against the Wind Black Entertainment 1
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Burnin' Bush - Earth, Wind & Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Earth, Wind, and Fire - Mighty Mighty Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Earth Wind and Fire - Be Ever Wonderful Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Earth, Wind, and Fire - Imagination Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Earth, Wind, And Fire - Be Ever Wonderful Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Earth Wind and Fire; Sun Godess Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Mom; Earth Wind and Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Earth, Wind & Fire - Serpentine Fire (Video clip) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : September by. Earth, Wind and Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Earth, Wind and Fire, Keep Your Head to the Sky Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Scarlet and Mammy.. (straight gone with the wind..) Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Bill Miller, Wind Spirit Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Earth Wind and Fire (before they became famous) Sweet Sweetback theme Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Boogie wonderland - Earth Wind and Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Indigo Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing : SEPTEMBER - Earth Wind and Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : R. Kelly - Slow Wind Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Earth Wind Fire - Got to get you into my life. Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Let's Groove - Earth wind and fire - Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
H Black Poetry : Delivered by the Wind Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
J Black Poetry : " ... new wind " Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : HEAD WIND Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
skuderjaymes Black Entertainment : NEWS: Earth Wind & Fire to be inducted into the Songwriters hall of fame. Black Entertainment 0
legit-writer Black Spirituality Religion : God and Wind Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Gone With the Wind AACOOLDRE 2
river Poetry Critiques : As Sure As the Wind Blows Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
R Black Poetry : All MC’S are like small trees they lean over in the wind Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
G Black People : Nia singing Can't Hide Love by Earth Wind and Fire at age 4 Black People Open Forum 0
R Destee Network : Internet Kafe - Inviting Black Singles To "Un-Wind" Destee Network : 3
watzinaname Black Poetry : Wind, Elusive Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
1poetsought Black Poetry : An Ill Wind ~ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7