Site News : Family I Need Your Help

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Some of you may know that I am visually and hearing impaird. I don't like to use my disabilities as obstacles or excuses for not being able to do things but I also realize that I do have limitations that require some extra help from others.

You've been posting a lot of videos lately. I honestly do not get much out of them and some of them are totally inaccessible to me.. What you can do to help me is type the basic ideas that are important information from the videos. That way people who can enjoy the videos can continue to do so and they will have some meaning for me as well.

Also when you are quoting someone who uses videos please don't quote the videos just the text. This will make scrolling easier and I as well as others can go right to your reply without having to scroll past several videos.

Thanks

brotha Rich could you make this a sticky? I am prolly not the only person here with accessibility issues. I am just in the position close enough to you to say something.

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Some of you may know that I am visually and hearing impaird. I don't like to use my disabilities as obstacles or excuses for not being able to do things but I also realize that I do have limitations that require some extra help from others.

You've been posting a lot of videos lately. I honestly do not get much out of them and some of them are totally inaccessible to me.. What you can do to help me is type the basic ideas that are important information from the videos. That way people who can enjoy the videos can continue to do so and they will have some meaning for me as well.

Also when you are quoting someone who uses videos please don't quote the videos just the text. This will make scrolling easier and I as well as others can go right to your reply without having to scroll past several videos.

Thanks

brotha Rich could you make this a sticky? I am prolly not the only person here with accessibility issues. I am just in the position close enough to you to say something.
:fyi:
Thanks for the heads on Sister River...I appreciate you informing those of us who had no idea.

I will try and keep that in mind the next time I post a video

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Thanks

Yes dear,

:toast:

:em0200:

anAfrican

Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
(guess i should'a used that line some time back when i asked, rather than "i don't do flash; please say something about the video?". although, i will acknowledge, and thank, those that did put up a title and/or a text link: thanks!)

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns

Thanks

That is true and there are some still useing dial up or the old web tv that cannot see the videos

I will definatly give a blurb for any link or youtube

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
That is true and there are some still useing dial up or the old web tv that cannot see the videos

I will definatly give a blurb for any link or youtube
Also if there is just a title expaining each youtube posted, please be assured that they can be enjoyed while doing chores, cause they are all basically audio narrations throughout.

medusanegrita

Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
If the video has subtitles, can you read those?

Are you able to watch videos at all? One I can post (if it hasn't already been posted) and you basically tell what it is about from the pictures themselves.

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: