Black People : Fambly, Would You Be Interested..;.

river

Watch Her Flow
MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
6,415
1,268
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
in an ancestor veneration week. Each of us could choose an ancestor who excelled in an area we want to excell in. For instance, if you are a singer you might choose Minnie Riperton or Sam Cooke, or if you are a business professional you might choose Madam C.J. Walker or Philip Payton (founder of the Afro-American Realty Co. in Harlem). Learn all you can about the ancestor you choose then during the designated week we can share what we have learned in the Honoring our Ancestors forum.

The purpose of this is not only to learn about historical figures but also to make our people aware of what ancestor veneration (not ancestor worship) is really about. To get more information on ancestor veneration go to
http://www.rootsandrooted.org/egun.htm
 

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
69,925
3,939
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
sounds very infomational and well worthy into knowlege to learn
who , what , why and when .....count me in !
 

river

Watch Her Flow
MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
6,415
1,268
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
$$RICH$$ said:
sounds very infomational and well worthy into knowlege to learn
who , what , why and when .....count me in !
Great Rich! As many as want to do it will do it and this will fly with great knowledge. If we do this sometime during Black History Month that will give everyone a chance to start doing their research. and getting whatever articles they need for the veneration.
 

robboy2003

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Nov 23, 2006
330
5
The Ville
Occupation
To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
river said:
in an ancestor veneration week. Each of us could choose an ancestor who excelled in an area we want to excell in. For instance, if you are a singer you might choose Minnie Riperton or Sam Cooke, or if you are a business professional you might choose Madam C.J. Walker or Philip Payton (founder of the Afro-American Realty Co. in Harlem). Learn all you can about the ancestor you choose then during the designated week we can share what we have learned in the Honoring our Ancestors forum.

The purpose of this is not only to learn about historical figures but also to make our people aware of what ancestor veneration (not ancestor worship) is really about. To get more information on ancestor veneration go to
http://www.rootsandrooted.org/egun.htm

I love Fredrick Douglass sista,but I don't know what you relate him with today. I think he was a writer,orator, abolitionist. He was a supporter of womens rights,and a fighter of Blacks rights. He was a Black radical and thinker. He was great! Oh! I forgot where i was there for a second sister.

Yes! I like Mr. Douglass alot.

Peace and Be Blessed!:great:
 

river

Watch Her Flow
MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
6,415
1,268
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
robboy2003 said:
I love Fredrick Douglass sista,but I don't know what you relate him with today. I think he was a writer,orator, abolitionist. He was a supporter of womens rights,and a fighter of Blacks rights. He was a Black radical and thinker. He was great! Oh! I forgot where i was there for a second sister.

Yes! I like Mr. Douglass alot.

Peace and Be Blessed!:great:
Then that's your man. Find out all you can about him then go to the website I listed to see how ancestor veneration works.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
river Black People : Happy Sweet 16 Destee Fambly Black People Open Forum 7
river Black People : What's Been Hapnin, Fambly? Black People Open Forum 1
river Black People : Hey Fambly Let's Do This Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : Hey Fambly Black People Open Forum 1
river Black People : Fambly, Our sister Inga "Foxy" Brown Needs Our Love Black People Open Forum 5
river Black People : Fambly, I Don't Know Where My Sister Is Black People Open Forum 15
river Black People : Fambly, I Missed You So Much Black People Open Forum 10
T Black Poetry : Bye,Bye oe Now Fambly (everyone please check this out....) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
C Black People : Are There Any Black Afrikans Interested In Freedom? Black People Open Forum 0
N Nation of Gods and Earths : New member interested in NGE teachings Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group 7
Quokka007 Black Relationships : How can you tell a guy is just interested in just sex and not a relationship? Black Relationships 13
Al D Black Money Business Jobs : Interested in Entrepreneurship Black Money Business Jobs 0
Apollyon Black People : Is There Anyone Interested In True Ethnohistory? Black People Open Forum 1
Destee Destee Network : Are you interested in owning your own web site? Have you ever thought about it? Destee Network : 28
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Ladies: What are your "not interested" signs? Black Relationships 10
Destee Black People : This Community is More Interested in Your Words Than the Words of Others Black People Open Forum 40
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Who would be interested in a financial literacy study group here at Destee? Black Money Business Jobs 29
Ankhur Black People : Washington Interested now in Burma..pardon, Myanmar? Ask Frank Lucas why!!! Black People Open Forum 1
P Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Interested in Metu Neter. Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 2
gogounited Black People : For any other nerds interested in polar shift and metaphysical stuff it involves... Black People Open Forum 4
T Black People : Are white people interested in knowing about us? Black People Open Forum 2
river Black People : Destee Would You Be Interested? Black People Open Forum 7
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Some people are not interested in spiritual knowledge! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
T Black People : For those interested and able Black People Open Forum 9
D Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : For those interested. Lunar cycles for TOLM. Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 1
PoeticManifesta Black People : Reunion: $$$ how much?? And what type of facility are you interested in staying? Black People Open Forum 24
K Black Authors : I'm Interested! Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
C Black Authors : Recording-producing- anyone interested? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
Z Black Relationships : Not interested in "Good" relationships... Black Relationships 14
Desert Storm Destee Network : Interested in Saving Money?/ Interested in Making Money? Destee Network : 0
blakverb Black Poetry : To all the interested Poets (To anthology poets) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Similar threads































Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We are in a new era. Those facts give us evidence we can reach the Melanin Tipping Point just by telling the truth. The Melanin Tipping Point is the point at which we go from healing to healed. Mchakato wa Uponyaji is the process of healing. Melanin Is Worth More Than Gold. That fact puts us in a different state mentally. It affects different people differently. What is certain is the Ubuntu paradigm is returning.
Melanin is worth more than gold. The Red, Black and Green is 100 years old. The Afric, official currency of the United States of Africa is worth over $2.
Shems Nbedjer wrote on Moon Child's profile.
Hello Moon Child, it's been a few years since we talked. Please let me know if you can do my chart for me, thank you. I'm in transition and really could help with some interpretations.
Change the world for the better, take care of it, because you live in it!
If the present Kuzma saw the then Kuzma, he would say: Boy, grit your teeth. In twenty years everything will be wrong!
Top