Internet Technology : Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg's Russia Problems is Bigger than Facebook

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Facebook Fallout
“THEY’RE CERTAINLY NOT PREPARED”: WHAT’S NEXT FOR FACEBOOK AFTER ZUCKERBERG’S MEA CULPA TOUR
After Facebook’s week from hell, investors speculate about the severity of the company’s woes

BY

MAYA KOSOFF

... Facebook’s crisis, by far the most poignant of its 14-year history, was in some ways an existential product issue masquerading as a communications nightmare. The company has been harvesting data for commercial purposes for years.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/03/theyre-certainly-not-prepared-whats-next-for-facebook-after-zuckerbergs-mea-culpa-tour?mbid=nl_th_5abac747dd3307642814822e&CNDID=49183601&spMailingID=13208620&spUserID=MTg0NzAyMTMyMTE3S0&spJobID=1362568662&spReportId=MTM2MjU2ODY2MgS2

By JOSH EDELSON/AFP/Getty Images.

When Harvard-aged Mark Zuckerberg bragged

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
All I can do is :facepalm:

Mark Zuckerberg Thinks We’re Idiots
by Jean-Louis Gassée

Surprise: Thanks to the Cambridge Analytica revelations, we’re finding out that Facebook allowed a much broader and deeper prostitution of our private data than it had previously claimed. Facebook’s disingenuous explanations call for more questions and even less trust

Jean-Louis Gassée

... The message is clear: Zuckerberg thinks we’re idiots. How are we to believe Facebook didn’t know — and derived benefits — from the widespread abuse of user data by its developers; we just became aware of the Cambridge Analytica cockroach…how many more are under the sink?

https://mondaynote.com/mark-zuckerberg-thinks-were-idiots-638c64dfab12

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Facebook Fallout
FACING TRILLIONS IN DAMAGES, MARK ZUCKERBERG PULLS A SNOW JOB
A closer look at Facebook’s self-flagellation tour reveals few substantial changes

BY

MAYA KOSOFF

Buried in the third paragraph of Mark Zuckerberg’s recent full-page apology is an unsettling prospect: that the Cambridge Analytica contractor who siphoned the Facebook data of millions of users did so through a method that may not be unique. “We expect there are others,” Zuckerberg wrote.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/03/facebook-federal-trade-commission-damages-mark-zuckerberg?mbid=nl_th_5abd7690dd3307642814829a&spMailingID=13223751&spUserID=MTg0NzAyMTMyMTE3S0&spJobID=1362738968&spReportId=MTM2MjczODk2OAS2

Justin Sullivan

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

What the F*** Was Facebook Thinking?

James Allworth
Co-host @exponentFM, Co-author @MeasureYourLife, Fellow @ClayChristensen's thinktank, writer @HarvardBiz

2013 saw one of the world’s most publicized data breaches. A Target employee inadvertently clicked on a phishing email; soon after, the personal details of over a third of all American adults were released into the wild — to be used in ways that were certainly never intended when those adults gave the data to Target ...

Target got slammed for it. People stopped shopping there that Christmas. Their stock price tanked. Their CEO got fired.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Richard Branson: Government regulation of Facebook 'makes sense'

JP Mangalindan
Chief Tech Correspondent
Yahoo Finance

... “I think some sensible regulation most likely makes sense,” Branson told Yahoo Finance during an interview on Wednesday at the Adobe Summit, held in Las Vegas, Nevada. “As the CEO of Apple said recently, you don’t want to kill the companies, but some sensible regulation here is probably needed.

7:42 ...
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/richard-branson-government-regulation-facebook-makes-sense-144625742.html

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: