Egypt : Exodus: Gods and Kings – Where are the Black Egyptians?

journeytothesource

Jul 28, 2014

First, welcome on board, journeytothesource, its good having you.

Please correct me, has this movie, Exodus: Gods and Kings, already debuted?

If so, the petition to stop The Gods of Egypt, below, was misplaced or late ... Click the link to see petition.

The video is on point! Thanks for sharing ...

Thanks for the welcome, very much appreciated.

In answer to your question no, The Gods of Egypt is another racist Hollywood fantasy.

It’s in post-production stage now, and slated (I think) for a 2016 release. So still enough time to protest. However, I think a better way of attacking this racist system is to do exactly what they do not want you to do, and that is to study the traditional knowledge of your ancestors. After all that is what all the fuss is about, an effort to disconnect the African from his/her heritage and vastly superior sacred knowledge.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Yet again, Hollywood has depicted the ancient Egyptians as White in the movie Exodus: Gods and Kings, despite all of the objective evidence against this ridiculous notion.

Directed by Ridley Scott of Gladiator fame and staring Joel Edgerton as the Egyptian pharaoh Ramesses, and Christian Bale as the prophet Moses; it is an interpretation of the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt as led by Moses and related in the Old Testament Book of Exodus.

Joel Edgerton who plays the Egyptian pharaoh Ramesses couldn’t be more European in appearance, looking as though he would be more at home playing a role in a Polish movie than one about a North African king. He simply looks way out of place and totally absurd, at least to the honest and educated. What’s more, none of the other Egyptians in the movie appear to be Black, although admittedly, I haven’t seen the full movie yet.

This epic has a top line up too, and also stars the likes of Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley, and by the looks of it no money has been spared in the production of this mindboggling trash.

Moses. Ramesses. Which Ramesses is in question here? What is the historicity of the events depicted in the film? These are the questions that concern me more than the ethnic identity of characters in a film which amounts more to historical fiction. As the saying goes, that's Hollywood!

journeytothesource

Jul 28, 2014
Moses. Ramesses. Which Ramesses is in question here? What is the historicity of the events depicted in the film? These are the questions that concern me more than the ethnic identity of characters in a film which amounts more to historical fiction. As the saying goes, that's Hollywood!
It is most likely supposedly Ramesses II (c.1279-1213 BC) also known as Ramesses the Great. As for the race issue, you may not be concerned about the ethnicity question, but i can assure you that the political system is. That’s precisely why pharaohs are never depicted as Black, this would lead to greater self confidence and enquiry in to the superior knowledge of our ancestors.

Furthermore, how can you be concerned with the historicity of the movie and not be concerned with the ethnicity of the characters. Was Ramesses II an African or Norwegian, is Egypt in Africa or Norway these are crucial historical questions.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
It is most likely supposedly Ramesses II (c.1279-1213 BC) also known as Ramesses the Great. As for the race issue, you may not be concerned about the ethnicity question, but i can assure you that the political system is. That’s precisely why pharaohs are never depicted as Black, this would lead to greater self confidence and enquiry in to the superior knowledge of our ancestors.

Furthermore, how can you be concerned with the historicity of the movie and not be concerned with the ethnicity of the characters. Was Ramesses II an African or Norwegian, is Egypt in Africa or Norway these are crucial historical questions.
Because to me the larger question is whether or not the biblical Moses and exodus were real historic events that took place during the reign of Ramesses II.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Isetnofret, one of the wives if Ramesses ii. She doesn't look particularly Nubian/African to me, and read the description of Ramesses ii. Light skinned with red hair. And I believe his blood type is A- or B -.

The 19th dynasty rulers were essentially usurpers from the military elite which was infused with the remnant of Hebrew/Hyksos, Mittanians, and other asiatics. Interesting though they were worshippers of Set.
http://semperfidelis1775.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/biography-of-pharaoh-ramses-ii/
image.jpg

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍