Liberia : EXCLUSIVE: LIBERIA'S VICE-PRESIDENT BACKS DONALD TRUMP ON FOREIGN AID CUTS

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

:wow: ... Quite a position to take considering Reparations and the Bad Check is still due, especially for those voluntarily released back to Africa by Gen. Robert E. Lee.

EXCLUSIVE: LIBERIA'S VICE-PRESIDENT BACKS DONALD TRUMP ON FOREIGN AID CUTS

Liberia’s vice-president has backed U.S. President Donald Trump’s plans to slash foreign aid, saying that the West African country “cannot continue living on handouts” ...

http://www.newsweek.com/liberia-foreign-aid-joseph-boakai-trump-590220

Liberia's Vice-President Joseph Boakai speaks at a ceremony at a hospital that formerly served as an Ebola holding center in Monrovia, Liberia, on February 1, 2015. Boakai is running to replace Ellen Johnson Sirleaf as president in Liberia's elections in October. JOHN MOORE/GETTY

BY CONOR GAFFEY ON 4/27/17 AT 4:41 AM

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Thread Consolidation,

Liberia, What can be done?
Discussion in 'Liberia' started by Full Speed, Nov 4, 2010
https://destee.com/threads/liberia-what-can-be-done.64108/page-2#post-666979

How does one rationalise / explain this?
Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Zim, Sep 17, 2010

Youtube - Vice guide to travel Liberia - part 3 -

I know this documentary is old but I recently stumbled across and I just thought to myself how can we explain what has happened in this country? Is there any going back for these countries when it goes this far? Whats worse look at the legacy of Hip Hop in this country mainly the glorifying violence side of it. If only 2pac could see his legacy over-seas.

America OWES liberia Why does it sit back and do nothing? It made sure Israel was a secure nation and it keeps that promise to this day. Then again I don't even know why im asking this question I already know the answer.
Zim, Sep 17, 2010

https://destee.com/threads/how-does-one-rationalise-explain-this.63391/#post-658531

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Do you see yourself playing an active role in development and implementation of such a plan?

If so, what role would you be interested in?

Me personally, I would proablably be interested in drumming up the funding sources to support the effort. I think this is one of the more challenging aspects of such an endeavor, but one I think I would be willing to take an active role in.

Sorry about the delay, but here it is:

Conscious Plat

This episode of the Conscious Plat Hour is the (ACU) African Coalition for Unity. We will discuss issues that effect our People. We will also give a report on African Countries suitable for Repatriations.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/consciousplat/2010/07/11/the-conscious-plat-hour

Clyde C Coger Jr, Nov 6, 2010

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Was Liberia Founded By Freed U.S. Slaves?

In Tuesday's Washington Post, an editorial urging President Bush to send peacekeepers to civil war-wracked Liberia noted that the country was "founded by freed U.S. slaves." Is that true? Not quite

Although some freed American slaves did settle there, Liberia was actually founded by the American Colonization Society, a group of white Americans—including some slaveholders—that had what certainly can be described as mixed motives; in 1817, in Washington, D.C., the ACS established the new colony (on a tract of land in West Africa purchased from local tribes) in hopes that slaves, once emancipated, would move there, the society preferred this option to the alternative: a growing number of free black Americans demanding rights, jobs, and resources at home ...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...7/was_liberia_founded_by_freed_us_slaves.html

Henry Clay was among supporters of sending freed slaves to Liberia

EXPLAINER
ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEWS.
JULY 3 2003 10:49 AM

By Mary Kay Ricks

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
From Detroit to Liberia: Why I Left America To Find Home

... I had just turned 30. My successful sports management public relations business was at a turning point and I’d proved myself. But there arose a yearning I couldn’t suppress: a desire to return to Liberia, my homeland ...

http://thegrio.com/2017/05/16/from-detroit-to-liberia-why-i-left-america-to-find-home/

Royda Urey reflects on the journey that brought her from Detroit back to homeland of Liberia. (@philmena)

Royda sits with her mother and father in her home country of Liberia. (Photo courtesy of author)

Royda Urey as a child in Liberia. (Photo courtesy of author)

Opinion
by Royda Urey | May 16, 2017 at 6:03 PM Filed in: Inspiration, Opinion

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IFE Black People : Asian couple buys exclusive San Francisco street for just $90,000, much to residents' surprise Black People Open Forum 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Exclusive investigation: Donald Trump campaigner boasted of 'suppressing' African American and 'subu Black People Politics 5
blazejay Black People : It's 2016 and We are still the most exclusive group of people in this country Black People Open Forum 54
Liberty Black Positive People : Denzel Washington Event Raises Millions for African American Museum (EXCLUSIVE) Black People Doing Positive Things 4
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : BROTHER GETS EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO HIV VACCINE Black Health and Wellness 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Exclusive: Obama plan to 'Power Africa' gets off to a dim start Black People Politics 0
Angela22 Black People : Do you believe being "black" should be more exclusive? Black People Open Forum 217
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black Spirituality Religion : EXCLUSIVE....True Hebrews of the Scriptures Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
GodofTomorrow Black People : Black Nationalism, Or Why We Need Exclusive Community Black People Open Forum 214
blazejay Black People : A Exclusive Series: Race Relations in the 21st Century A Diverse Dead Country Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Trayvon Martin Exclusive: Friend on Phone with Teen Before Death Recalls Final Moments Black People Open Forum 2
A Black Spirituality Religion : Are Religion and Science Mutually Exclusive? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 43
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Intelligence Is Mutually Exclusive From Religion Chief Elder Osiris 0
W Black Poetry : locker room (exclusive) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
G Black Poetry : ...exclusive-ly. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : EXCLUSIVE.....pt2 (pictured storm) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : EXCLUSIVE ****PT2 OF (picture the storm) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 18
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Liberia coronavirus lockdown off to chaotic start Liberia 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Liberia's Weah faces key test with protests over economy Liberia 4
Perfection Liberia : In Context Series: Self-Determination in Colonial Liberia and American Black Nationalism Liberia 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Pressure grows in Liberia over US charity in 'school rape' storm Liberia 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Liberia slaps travel bans on 15 people as it probes missing cash Liberia 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Liberia : Meet The Multi-millionaire Who Wants To Be President Of Liberia replacing Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Liberia 18
jamesfrmphilly Black People : from-detroit-to-liberia-why-i-left-america-to-find-home Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Liberia : The Story of the Sirleaf Market Women's Fund of Liberia Liberia 1
jamesfrmphilly Liberia : War crimes court upholds 50 years for Liberia’s Charles Taylor Liberia 3
cherryblossom Liberia : Liberia, PA (Mercer County) Former Fugitive Slave Town Liberia 11
Full Speed Liberia : Liberia, What can be done? Liberia 16
Ankhur Liberia : President of Liberia rallies a wake up call about Vulture funds, exloiting Africa Liberia 1
jamesfrmphilly Liberia : miss liberia Liberia 1
P Liberia : Liberia sex-for-aid 'widespread' Liberia 9
K Liberia : war in liberia Liberia 0
Mad Skillz Liberia : Can democracy succeed in Liberia? Not if Pat Robertson has anything to do with it. Liberia 2
P Liberia : International soccer star, George Weah, runs for president of Liberia! Liberia 0
K Liberia : Reading on Liberia Liberia 1
M Liberia : Liberia...and the slaves who returned to africa... Liberia 16
Queenie Liberia : NEXT! America vs. Liberia Liberia 3
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : VICE Black Entertainment 0
PurpleMoons Black People Politics : News Vice: Race And Terror Black People Politics 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Vice interview of Joe Atwill AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Law Forum : Watch: Trailer for Vice Special on Broken Criminal Justice System, Featuring President Obama (Sept. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
legit-writer Black Education / Schools : Senior class vice-president in Georgia may be kept from graduation walk because of yearbook quote Black Education / Schools 2
Black-king Black Hebrew Israelites : Vice Magazine are scared liars Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 3
Alarm Clock Black People : Howard University Vice Chair: Howard Could Shut Down In Three Years Black People Open Forum 3
legit-writer Black People Politics : Tonight's Vice Presidential Debate 10/11/12 Black People Politics 77
MsInterpret Black People : Can a man tell a woman how to be woman (vice versa)? Black People Open Forum 37
legit-writer Black Relationships : A Man Hits a Woman and vice versa Black Relationships 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : OBAMA IS CAUGHT BETWEEN THE VICE OF REVEREND WRIGHT AND THE CHURCH !!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
G Black People : She/he broke my heart -Why do we blame the heart vice the mind? Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Within the Vice Of An Idiot, There Emerge The Behavior Of A Fool, And In Such Compan Chief Elder Osiris 0