Africa : excerpt from sacredtexts.com under the African (religion,myth section found there)

Hamma

Aug 3, 2005
Auckland,NZ
Occupation
self-employed
"Ultimately, we are all Africans. Studies of mitochondrial DNA have proven that all human beings are descended from a small population (less than a hundred individuals) that emerged from Africa about 60,000 years ago. The earliest written religious texts as well as the first documented monotheistic religion also developed in Africa. During the European dark ages, many ancient manuscripts were preserved in African libraries in places such as Ethiopia and Timbuctoo.
This section has texts on the traditional spirituality of Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as their descendants in the New World.
Finding books about African religion and spiritual beliefs in the public domain was not difficult. These books have a great amount of useful information on this topic, some of it written before colonialism destroyed or greatly modified aspects of traditional culture. The problem with these works is that they were for the large part written by Europeans with their particular biases and agendas. For this reason, we encourage you to 'read between the lines'.
The texts here are provided for scholarly purposes. They may contain racist characterizations, errors of interpretation, or misrepresentations of traditional culture. For instance, the term 'Kaffir', which is used in many of these texts to refer to the Xhosa (Nelson Mandela's tribe), is now considered derogatory.
This page also has texts and books with alternate views, primarily written by African-Americans, which, in our opinion, also deserve consideration."

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
metu neter v 7.png

Hamma

Aug 3, 2005
Auckland,NZ
Occupation
self-employed
nice! wish I could read this :) My ex girlfriend shaved the sides of her head,but left her hair long like the Aaliyah looking pretty woman resurrected,sister of the Weiss character, in the Brendan fraser movie, "the Mummy returns"? and shock horror surprise, she looked like the scorpion king (the rock ) :)
I often watch Sa Neter tv and Polight and Shakka Ahmose's lectures on Ancient Kemet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BrittanyMalachi Spoken Word : "Imagine" an excerpt from A Poetic Anthology of Love and the Pursuit of Spiritual Growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BrittanyMalachi Quiet Poetry Lounge : "Reality" an excerpt from A Poetic Anthology of Love and the Pursuit of Spiritual Growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
BrittanyMalachi Black Poetry : "Sweet Nothings" an excerpt from A Poetic Anthology of Love and the Pursuit of Spiritual Growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
S Writing Discussion : Interview excerpt: James Baldwin (1984) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
S Writing Discussion : Excerpt from a 1954 interview with Ralph Ellison Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
nevar Black Short Stories : another excerpt of the untitled....a dark story Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Ankhur Black People : Thought Provoking Excerpt from John Sayles "Sunshine State" Black People Open Forum 0
SophiaG Black Short Stories : An Excerpt from an Afterward by Dean Koontz on Writing Short Stories Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
baller Black Short Stories : After Perfection...excerpt from chapter six Short Stories - Authors - Writing 4
$ Black Authors : Excerpt From Live for Thyself Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
baller Black Short Stories : The Streets.........excerpt Short Stories - Authors - Writing 8
cocobutterskyn Black Short Stories : Beyond The Bayou(Final Excerpt) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
cocobutterskyn Black Short Stories : Beyond The Bayou (Excerpt Two) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 4
cocobutterskyn Black Short Stories : Excerpt From "Beyond The Bayou" Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
1 Black Authors : Excerpt From "dear Black Woman" Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Charles Thompson The Front Porch : Greetings to all of you very wise destee com posters from me again!!!!! The Front Porch 7
Destee 20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Find Black Sites Older Than destee.com Destee's Thoughts 21
B Black Money Business Jobs : Cuddlist.com -Therapeutic non-sexual Cuddling Black Money Business Jobs 16
J Black Parenting : baby boy for adoption (ritahowel9@gmail.com) for more info Black Parenting 0
Destee 20th Birthday : 20 Years Online - destee.com Destee's Thoughts 24
S Black People : Trolling Destee.com: "I Got Kicked Off Destee.com Today" Black People Open Forum 29
Liberty Black People Politics : What African-Americans Have to Lose From Trump’s Budget Plan Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com Black People Politics 0
Writspirit Black People : Tribute to Gloria Lynne on BlakeRadio.com Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People Politics : What Are Your Takes On The First Presidential Debate Destee.Com Posters? Black People Politics 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Titoub - Insane and Extreme Rollerblading in Chicago - titoub.com Audio Video Web Conferencing 4
Monetary Black Money Business Jobs : Destee.com Investment Club (temporary) Black Money Business Jobs 46
chuck Black People : How Do You Really Feel And Think About The Black Lives Matter Phenomenon Destee.com Posters!!! Black People Open Forum 7
Writspirit Black People : Show with Dru Hill on BlakeRadio.com Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Destee Network : destee.com Destee Network : 1
Titoub Destee Network : Titoub.com Destee Network : 4
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Family of Malcolm X Launches ShopMalcolmX.com for Official Merchandise African American History Culture 0
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : 3UFIRST.com Challenges Black Athletes, Entertainers, and Community Black Money Business Jobs 2
Ms Drea Black People : ~For the Love Of Whitney~ DVD www.facebook.com/ForTheLoveOfWhitney Black People Open Forum 1
Destee Support : YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM DESTEE.COM - Whaaaat??!! Why??!! Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 22
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Guidance for Black America - From the Voices of Destee.com Black People Doing Positive Things 1
river Black People : Sista River on Blacknews.com Black People Open Forum 1
Writspirit Black People : Kurtis Blow gives an interview on BlakeRadio.com Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Journalist Robert Scheer, editor of Truthdig.com is going in on Hillary Clinton for President Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Facebook Chats Being Scanned by CIA-Backed Firm: Report Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Science and Technology 0
shaka64 Law Forum : 'Loud Music' Murder Trial Resumes After Hung Jury Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/n Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Destee Black People : destee.com's 17th Year Birthday Celebration - The Month of October, 2014 !! Black People Open Forum 11
shaka64 Black People Politics : Forbes.com :Obama is the best President of modern times! Black People Politics 3
rapchild Black Entertainment : Playlist Africa .com Black Entertainment 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Eric Holder: Chief Justice John Roberts Is Wrong On Race Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc Black People Politics 16
Jahsun Destee Network : BlackPowerClub.com Destee Network : 2
Destee Black People : Are there other sites JUST like destee.com ? Black People Open Forum 24
S Black People : Stormfront.com linked to over 100 hate-crime murders (in the last 5 years). Black People Open Forum 14
S Science and Technology : Searching Destee.com from Internet Search Engines (google.com, duckduckgo.com, etc.) Science and Technology 0
Destee Black People : Destee.com Needs Your Financial Help to Stay Alive and Grow Black People Open Forum 78
KMeister Black People : Why Can't I Do and Say What I Want - When I Want - Where I Want - How I Want - at Destee.com Black People Open Forum 30