Black People : Excellent Documentary about modern Africa (Africa Straight Up)

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
Should be watched...

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
I understand what you mean in the sense they are all speaking English rather than an African language but the problem is Africa is too vast there is no one language and I feel if they were to adopt one eg Swahili or Hausa it would have needed to be done across the board in the 1960's its too late now. I also know that most (not all thankfully) Africans are either Christian or Muslim rather than following the traditional religions of their ancestors.

King Tubbs,

I don't know where skuderjaymes stand on the above, but for me, it is more than language. Why I would like to see brothers/sisters on the motherland agree on an authentic afrikan language (and script), I won't go ape-tihs over them using english. As for as I'm concern the "disconnect" is much deeper than learning a language, which I would say learning a language should have little affect on people in regards to the disconnect.

The world is a resource. Make use of it!

For ones survival, make use of the intellectual heritage of the whole world. Though it shouldn't come at the expense of dismissing, in great consequence, the intellectual (and cultural) heritage from whence you come from.

Latest profile posts

Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love:
skuderjaymes wrote on Cindy's profile.
good to see you around Cindy.
2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.