Ethiopia : Ethiopian bandits in Kenya

African_Prince

Jan 1, 2005
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/07/13/kenya.bandits.ap/index.html

Dozens slaughtered in attacks in Kenya

Wednesday, July 13, 2005; Posted: 1:47 p.m. EDT (17:47 GMT)

Kenya

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- At least 71 people were killed in two attacks, the first by Ethiopian bandits on a remote village in northern Kenya and the second by Kenyan tribesmen apparently in revenge, police said Wednesday.

No arrests have been made in either attack.

Ethiopian bandits attacked villagers in the Turbi area, a remote part of Kenya 342 miles northeast of the capital, Nairobi, killing 45 people, many of them children, in a raid Tuesday, police spokesman Jaspher Ombati said. At least 18 people were injured, he said.

The Roman Catholic Information Service, however, said at least 52 local residents were killed in the attack, and a Kenya Red Cross official said aid workers were sent to the area to determine the number of victims and their needs.

The assailants hacked to death and slashed the throats of at least two dozen children at a boarding school, while most of the adult victims were shot, medical workers said at Wilson Airport in Nairobi, where 10 critically injured victims were flown for treatment.

The attackers lingered all day Tuesday, shooting and hacking anyone on sight, because security forces were slow to respond, according to the Catholic Information Service.

Kenyan security forces pursued the bandits, who numbered between 300 and 500, killed 16 of them and recovered 5,000 sheep, 200 cattle, and other livestock, the deputy Eastern Province police chief, Gerald Oluoch, said in a police report seen by The Associated Press.

Wednesday, an unspecified number of men thought to be from the Garba tribe killed 10 people in full view of the Italian Roman Catholic priest who was driving them to a seminar in Marsabit, 256 miles northeast of Nairobi, Ombati said.

The Rev. Aldrin J. Anito was stopped on a road blocked by stones near a trading center, where the men asked to what tribe the passengers belonged, Ombati said.

The passengers -- which included children younger than 10 -- were killed after they were identified as members of the Borana tribe, Ombati said.

The priest's "pleas to the crowd to spare the lives of the 10 people went unheeded," Ombati said. The priest was unharmed.

Ombati said that security forces are treating the attack as an act of revenge.

But Said Wabera, a Garba from the northern Marsabit district, where the attacks occurred, said that the second attack could have been provoked by the Ethiopian bandits being Boranas from across the border.

Boranas and Garbas live both in Ethiopia and Kenya.

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
African_Prince said:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/07/13/kenya.bandits.ap/index.html

Dozens slaughtered in attacks in Kenya

Wednesday, July 13, 2005; Posted: 1:47 p.m. EDT (17:47 GMT)

Kenya

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- At least 71 people were killed in two attacks, the first by Ethiopian bandits on a remote village in northern Kenya and the second by Kenyan tribesmen apparently in revenge, police said Wednesday.

No arrests have been made in either attack.

Ethiopian bandits attacked villagers in the Turbi area, a remote part of Kenya 342 miles northeast of the capital, Nairobi, killing 45 people, many of them children, in a raid Tuesday, police spokesman Jaspher Ombati said. At least 18 people were injured, he said.

The Roman Catholic Information Service, however, said at least 52 local residents were killed in the attack, and a Kenya Red Cross official said aid workers were sent to the area to determine the number of victims and their needs.

The assailants hacked to death and slashed the throats of at least two dozen children at a boarding school, while most of the adult victims were shot, medical workers said at Wilson Airport in Nairobi, where 10 critically injured victims were flown for treatment.

The attackers lingered all day Tuesday, shooting and hacking anyone on sight, because security forces were slow to respond, according to the Catholic Information Service.

Kenyan security forces pursued the bandits, who numbered between 300 and 500, killed 16 of them and recovered 5,000 sheep, 200 cattle, and other livestock, the deputy Eastern Province police chief, Gerald Oluoch, said in a police report seen by The Associated Press.

Wednesday, an unspecified number of men thought to be from the Garba tribe killed 10 people in full view of the Italian Roman Catholic priest who was driving them to a seminar in Marsabit, 256 miles northeast of Nairobi, Ombati said.

The Rev. Aldrin J. Anito was stopped on a road blocked by stones near a trading center, where the men asked to what tribe the passengers belonged, Ombati said.

The passengers -- which included children younger than 10 -- were killed after they were identified as members of the Borana tribe, Ombati said.

The priest's "pleas to the crowd to spare the lives of the 10 people went unheeded," Ombati said. The priest was unharmed.

Ombati said that security forces are treating the attack as an act of revenge.

But Said Wabera, a Garba from the northern Marsabit district, where the attacks occurred, said that the second attack could have been provoked by the Ethiopian bandits being Boranas from across the border.

Boranas and Garbas live both in Ethiopia and Kenya.
Thank you for this post Prince..............

African_Prince

Jan 1, 2005
info-moetry said:
Thank you for this post Prince..............
Your multiple periods at the end indicate your sarcasm but I thought this was relevent to pan -Africanism, dozens of Africans slaughtered, I found it on an Habesha messageboard.

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
African_Prince said:
Your multiple periods at the end indicate your sarcasm but I thought this was relevent to pan -Africanism, dozens of Africans slaughtered, I found it on an Habesha messageboard.
Peace Prince,

I don't quite understand your above comments?????? why would I be sarcastic at your post brother?????????? The periods at the end is just my style when I reply to posts NOTHING MORE........check some of my posts and see for yourself.........

<shm in confusion>

African_Prince

Jan 1, 2005
info-moetry said:
Peace Prince,

I don't quite understand your above comments?????? why would I be sarcastic at your post brother?????????? The periods at the end is just my style when I reply to posts NOTHING MORE........check some of my posts and see for yourself.........

<shm in confusion>
Sorry. I thought you were being sarcastic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Israel to 'immediately' bring over 2,000 Ethiopian Jews Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : 124 years ago, Ethiopian men and women defeated the Italian army in the Battle of Adwa Ethiopia 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Ethiopian Jews threaten mass hunger strike over Israel move Christian Study Group 0
Destee Ethiopia : Ethiopian maid filmed falling 7 floors - trying to escape Kuwaiti employer wanting to kill her Ethiopia 1
jamesfrmphilly Ethiopia : 100 years of Ethiopian hair Ethiopia 2
RAPTOR Ethiopia : The Roots of Inequality for Ethiopian Israelis Ethiopia 1
RAPTOR Ethiopia : How Israel Forcibly Sterilized Ethiopian Jews Ethiopia 1
Alarm Clock Ethiopia : Trial Begins for American Couple Accused of Starving Adopted Ethiopian Girl to Death Ethiopia 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : How Ethiopian Scientist Unearth 3.3-Million-Year-Old Child Ethiopia 57
RAPTOR Ethiopia : Shocking Decline in Ethiopian Israeli Birthrate Ethiopia 2
Proverbs31Woman Ethiopia : Starbucks is Ripping Off Ethiopian Coffee Farmers Ethiopia 14
A Libya : Radio Interview about Black Libya Genocide from Ethiopian Activist Hassan Libya 0
hartwell Nigeria : The Nigerian/Ethiopian Roots Of the Ancient Greeks Nigeria 0
Omowale Jabali Ethiopia : Pillars of Ethiopian Christianity Ethiopia 24
Amnat77 Ethiopia : Israel accused of STERILIZING Ethiopian Jews to rid the country of African bloodlines Ethiopia 21
Omowale Jabali Ethiopia : THE ETHIOPIAN SLAVE TRADE Ethiopia 12
cherryblossom Black Christians : Philip and the Ethiopian Christian Study Group 1
T Ethiopia : Kebra Nagast (Ethiopian Orthodox Texts) has an updated new French translation Ethiopia 4
T Ethiopia : Separating Ethiopian Jews at Israeli Religious Schools Ethiopia 2
T Ethiopia : Enoch the Ethiopian: The Lost Prophet of the Bible Ethiopia 15
Fine1952 Ethiopia : THE ETHIOPIAN CALENDAR Ethiopia 11
Akilah Ethiopia : Abducted Ethiopian girl found being guarded by lions, authorities say : Ethiopia 12
A Ethiopia : Cheers, Tears As Priceless Ethiopian Obelisk Returns Home... Ethiopia 4
P Ethiopia : Obelisk points to ancient Ethiopian glory Ethiopia 2
A Ethiopia : The Historical Significance of Ethiopian Religions... Ethiopia 41
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : The "Real" Lawless Bandits! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
M Black Spirituality Religion : Whites & Africa/ATR - Culture Bandits? Or Returning to their Roots? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 65
M Black Poetry : Black Bandits! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Al D Africa : Murderous Police In Africa (Kenya) All Things Africa 0
OldSoul Kenya : Mau Mau - What really happened in Kenya Kenya 0
Perfection Kenya : In Context Series: The Kenya Land Commission and the Kikuyu of Kiambu Kenya 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : From Kenya to Chicago - Consciousness Raising Online With Brother OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
chuck Kenya : What Are Your Thoughts About The Ongoing Crisis in Kenya? Kenya 1
nilevalley Black People Politics : This is why the people of Kenya Africa would tell Donald Trump climate change is a real fact! Black People Politics 3
Destee Kenya : Rebecca Lolosoli founded Umoja Village - The Land of No Men : Inside Kenya's Women-Only Village Kenya 0
Destee Kenya : Nairobi - capital and largest city of Kenya Kenya 6
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Was Obama's Father from Kenya or Hawaii???? AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Kenya : Obama's Grandmother to cook for President on Historical Kenya trip to Africa Kenya 7
Kadijah Kenya : MSNBC correspondent accidentally claims Obama is 'from Kenya' Kenya 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Atlanta Stars Porsha Stewart and Kenya Moore Get in Scary Brawl During Reunion Taping Black Entertainment 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Kenya : Witness: Kenya mall attackers target non-Muslims Kenya 22
jamesfrmphilly Kenya : Kenya terrorist attack…. Kenya 40
Clyde C Coger Jr Kenya : Kenya says Nigeria's Dangote to build $400 mln cement plant Kenya 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Kenya : Kenya signs infrastructure, energy deals worth $5 bln with China Kenya 33
dunwiddat Kenya : High tech in Kenya Kenya 0
dunwiddat Kenya : High tech in Kenya Kenya 0
Destee Kenya : President Obama’s uncle summoned to discuss deportation to Kenya Kenya 4
MsInterpret Kenya : Herman Cain Thinks Obama Was Raised in Kenya Kenya 6
Ankhur Kenya : What in the Hell is going on in Kenya Kenya 25
Amnat77 Kenya : In Kenya, Farmers Grow Their Own Way Kenya 1