Egypt : Egyptian Mythology

Nisa

Jul 25, 2004
MICHIGAN
Why do historians and europeans..refer to the practices and whatever else of Khemites (is that correct?) to Egyptian Mythology

Mythology: body of myths : as a : the myths dealing with the gods, demigods, and legendary heroes of a particular people

Myths:a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon b : PARABLE, ALLEGORY
2 a : a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society <seduced by the American myth of individualism -- Orde Coombs> b : an unfounded or false notion
3 : a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence

I think they use the third definition of Myth...
Why is it called Mythology...??

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
Nisa said:
Why do historians and europeans..refer to the practices and whatever else of Khemites (is that correct?) to Egyptian Mythology

Mythology: body of myths : as a : the myths dealing with the gods, demigods, and legendary heroes of a particular people

Myths:a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon b : PARABLE, ALLEGORY
2 a : a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society <seduced by the American myth of individualism -- Orde Coombs> b : an unfounded or false notion
3 : a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence

I think they use the third definition of Myth...
Why is it called Mythology...??
PEACE QUEEN:

It is important to understand, that the referring of a spiritual system as a mythology is not necessarily a bad thing.

The reality is, most spiritual systems on this planet are/were based on myth and metaphor.

In your definition, it gives 2 words as synonyms: "PARABLE, ALLEGORY".

This is very correct.

It is surmisable, that the Kemetians were one of the primary inventors of mythology.

Mythology itself is a Greek term, from MYTHOS and LOGOS.

From KAREN ARMSTRONG's book "BATTLE OF THE GODS":

On MYTHOS (MYTH):
Myth could not be demonstrated by rational proof; its insights were more intuitive, similar to those of art, music, poetry, or sculpture. Myth only became a reality when it was embodied in cult, rituals, and ceremonies which worked aesthetically upon worshippers, evoking within them a sense of sacred significance and enabling them to apprehend the deeper currents of existence. Myth and cult were so inseparable that it is a matter of scholarly debate which came first: the mythical narrative or the rituals attached to it. Myth was also associated with mysticism, the descent into the psyche by means of structured disciplines of focus and concentration which have been evolved in all cultures as a means of acquiring intuitive insight. Without a cult or mystical practice, the myths of religion would make no sense. They would remain abstract and seem incredible, in rather the same way as a musical score remains opaque to most of us and needs to be interpreted instrumentally before we can appreciate its beauty.

On LOGOS (LOGIC):
Logos was equally important. Logos was the rational, pragmatic, and scientific thought that enabled men and women to function well in the world. We may have lost the sense of m os in the West today, but we are very familiar with logos, which is the basis of our society. Unlike myth, logos must relate exactly to facts and correspond to external realities if it is to be effective. it must work efficiently in the mundane world. We use this logical, discursive reasoning when we have to make things happen, get something done, or persuade other people to adopt a particular course of action. Logos is practical. Unlike myth, which looks back to the beginnings and to the foundations, logos forges ahead and tries to find something new: to elaborate on old insights, achieve a greater control over our environment, discover something fresh, and invent something novel.

You can read the rest of the exerpt here:

http://surge.ods.org/idle_religion/mythoslogos.htm

In the meantime, I urge you to obtain your copies of METU NETER volumes 1 and 2......

RA UN NEFER AMEN gives an eloquent breakdown on the purpose of mythology in ancient esoteric spiritual systems, such as Kemet, Native Americans, Asian and other African systems.

Trust me when I tell you, METU NETER will take you to a higher level of understanding.

But beware though; it's not an easy read, and you will have to go over the info several times, in order to digest it.

I can read a 300-page book in 2 to 3 days, but it took me more than a year to completely read METU NETER.

It's not that it's hard reading, it's that you will have to do away with alot of your obsolete notions about religion and spirituality, in order for it to make sense.

Don't be afraid though; once you get through it, you will see yourself, and the ONE GOD totally different than you ever did before.

If you need assistance once you start reading it, feel free to e-mail me:

SHAHIYM@HOTMAIL.COM

HOTEPU

Sekhemu

Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
SAMURAI36 said:
PEACE QUEEN:

It is important to understand, that the referring of a spiritual system as a mythology is not necessarily a bad thing.

The reality is, most spiritual systems on this planet are/were based on myth and metaphor.

In your definition, it gives 2 words as synonyms: "PARABLE, ALLEGORY".

This is very correct.

It is surmisable, that the Kemetians were one of the primary inventors of mythology.

Mythology itself is a Greek term, from MYTHOS and LOGOS.

From KAREN ARMSTRONG's book "BATTLE OF THE GODS":

On MYTHOS (MYTH):
Myth could not be demonstrated by rational proof; its insights were more intuitive, similar to those of art, music, poetry, or sculpture. Myth only became a reality when it was embodied in cult, rituals, and ceremonies which worked aesthetically upon worshippers, evoking within them a sense of sacred significance and enabling them to apprehend the deeper currents of existence. Myth and cult were so inseparable that it is a matter of scholarly debate which came first: the mythical narrative or the rituals attached to it. Myth was also associated with mysticism, the descent into the psyche by means of structured disciplines of focus and concentration which have been evolved in all cultures as a means of acquiring intuitive insight. Without a cult or mystical practice, the myths of religion would make no sense. They would remain abstract and seem incredible, in rather the same way as a musical score remains opaque to most of us and needs to be interpreted instrumentally before we can appreciate its beauty.

On LOGOS (LOGIC):
Logos was equally important. Logos was the rational, pragmatic, and scientific thought that enabled men and women to function well in the world. We may have lost the sense of m os in the West today, but we are very familiar with logos, which is the basis of our society. Unlike myth, logos must relate exactly to facts and correspond to external realities if it is to be effective. it must work efficiently in the mundane world. We use this logical, discursive reasoning when we have to make things happen, get something done, or persuade other people to adopt a particular course of action. Logos is practical. Unlike myth, which looks back to the beginnings and to the foundations, logos forges ahead and tries to find something new: to elaborate on old insights, achieve a greater control over our environment, discover something fresh, and invent something novel.

You can read the rest of the exerpt here:

http://surge.ods.org/idle_religion/mythoslogos.htm

In the meantime, I urge you to obtain your copies of METU NETER volumes 1 and 2......

RA UN NEFER AMEN gives an eloquent breakdown on the purpose of mythology in ancient esoteric spiritual systems, such as Kemet, Native Americans, Asian and other African systems.

Trust me when I tell you, METU NETER will take you to a higher level of understanding.

But beware though; it's not an easy read, and you will have to go over the info several times, in order to digest it.

I can read a 300-page book in 2 to 3 days, but it took me more than a year to completely read METU NETER.

It's not that it's hard reading, it's that you will have to do away with alot of your obsolete notions about religion and spirituality, in order for it to make sense.

Don't be afraid though; once you get through it, you will see yourself, and the ONE GOD totally different than you ever did before.

If you need assistance once you start reading it, feel free to e-mail me:

SHAHIYM@HOTMAIL.COM

HOTEPU

Your right about the Medu Neter volumes, I also found myself going thru a similar process reading the works of R.A. Schwaller De LuBicz.

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
PEACE SEK:

Which of R.A.'s works have you read?

I started reading TEMPLE OF MAN, but that got lost in the fire........ :(

I tell you man, after taking an inventory of everything I lost (for tax purposes), I realized that I had over 5,000 books--some of which I had not even read (or partially read).

Such a sad state of affairs.

PEACE

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Esoteric Meaning of Saturn in Egyptian Mythology Omowale Jabali 19
M Egypt : Egyptian Mythology & The Trinity Egypt 22
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Not Egyptian and no great beauty: what Gal Gadot's Cleopatra should look like, according to history Egypt 0
imhotep06 Black People : Towards a Comparative Dictionary of Cikam (Egyptian) Black People Open Forum 0
imhotep06 Black People : Toward a Comparative Dictionary of Egyptian and African Languages Black People Open Forum 0
imhotep06 Black Spirituality Religion : Egyptian (ciKam) and Bantu linguistic connections Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Destee Egypt : Four child graves discovered at an Ancient Egyptian quarry Egypt 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh is World’s Oldest Case of Gigantism Egypt 10
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The taking of Joppa: An Egyptian literary precedent to Homer’s Wooden Trojan Horse story in The Ody AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Greek/Egyptian wrestling schools AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Introduction to the Egyptian Zodiac AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Ericka Badu & her Egyptian song: "Back in the day" AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Prophet Amos using Egyptian metaphors of justice AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Some ancient Egyptian attitude towards their black cousins AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : How the ancient Egyptian lost its ability to read & write AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : many scholars have insisted that the bible is entirely Egyptian AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THE FICTIONAL POPE LINUS BASED ON AN EGYPTIAN SONG & OR ORPHEUS BROTHER? AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Egyptian Mysteries AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Solving A Christian/Egyptian Puzzles AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Ten commandments & the links with Egyptian Laws AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : HITLER’S SWASTIKA ORIGINALY AFRICAN/EGYPTIAN: & the business of the name of Isis AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : IMMANUEL: Linked with the Egyptian Amen? AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Ancient Stone Depicting First Female Egyptian Pharaoh Queen Hatshepsut Discovered Egypt 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Scribes in the Ancient Egyptian Schools: links with Psalms & Proverbs AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Did the OT/NT steal the Egyptian Balance Scales AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian Marriage Ritual in Genesis AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Dissertation on Egyptian battle for Justin in the OT AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian Justice in Greece and Rome AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Early Egyptian Queen Revealed in 5,000-Year-Old Hieroglyphs Egypt 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Hall of Egyptian Judgement in the New Testament AACOOLDRE 5
jamesfrmphilly Egypt : new-finds-from-ancient-egyptian-star-charts Egypt 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian Trinity in Bible of Word/Light AACOOLDRE 0
RAPTOR Egypt : U.S. Government Celebrates Its Arming of the Egyptian Regime... Egypt 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian Divinities: The All who are One AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The 3 frogs in the NT & Egyptian Lit AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Reading list for Egyptian LIT AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Ancient Egyptian 42 laws vs OT 10 commandments AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Bible Serpent is: THE Egyptian Aphophis AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Scientists Discovered the Egyptian Secret to Moving Huge Pyramid Stones Egypt 6
Khasm13 Khasm13 : Petition to stop danish actor from playing Egyptian God Ra..... Khasm13 201
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : How jews stole all the Egyptian stories AACOOLDRE 4
Keita Kenyatta Egypt : The Ancient Egyptian Light bulb Egypt 0
mywordsfly Egypt : Egyptian Statue Moves On Its Own Egypt 2
Fine1952 Egypt : Christianity is a Egyptian Truth - Heru=Jesus, Auset=Holy Spirit, Ausar=Christian God Egypt 10
Alarm Clock Egypt : Egyptian Politicians, President Caught On Live TV Plotting Attack On Ethiopia Egypt 0
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Ancient Egyptian vs. Babylonian Hieroglyphics Of Sacrum To Pineal Gland Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Keita Kenyatta Egypt : Sunken Egyptian city reveals 1,200-year-old secrets Egypt 1
Destee Egypt : Egyptian Blogger Accused and Arrested for allegedly instigating violence via comments posted online Egypt 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Frankestein: Based on Egyptian God? AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Tomb of Ancient Egyptian Princess Discovered in Unusual Spot Egypt 2