Black People : East Coast Will Need N95 _ Mask ( It May Not Help ) to Avoid "Silica" Glass Dust Storm Coming From Africa to the United States

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
He said the Saharan dust plume "is an annual event that occurs each late spring to early fall.
Particulate matter of this dust cloud contains more silica, and is a hazard to those with underlying lung conditions.
But even normal healthy people are subject to irritant effects.
Dust lofted into the air by a few dust storms across Africa has made the 5,000-mile journey across the Atlantic, the Caribbean, the Gulf of Mexico, and now on Thursday into the United States.
"The Saharan dust will overtake entire states," CNN meteorologist Tyler Mauldin says. "Even southern Illinois and Ohio may get into the mix. That's how far north it could get pulled up."
An area of higher pressure over the Southeast will allow the Saharan dust layer to move into much of the Gulf Coast region over the next couple of days.
The dust was so thick in Puerto Rico and across the Caribbean, it darkened the skies and reduced visibility to only a few miles.

Although it isn't uncommon for the Trade Winds to carry dust from the Sahara to the Gulf Coast, this plume has caught the attention of a few meteorologists.
"According to scientists that I have gotten some information from, they're saying this is an abnormally large dust cloud," AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist and lead hurricane expert Dan Kottlowski told AccuWeather's Jonathan Petramala. "One of the things I noticed from this is the dust started coming off the coast of Africa several days ago, in fact maybe over a week ago. And it's still coming. It's almost like a prolonged area of dust."

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Silica is not good for the lungs or body but neither are micro-fibers or plastics we breathe with every inhale we take no matter where one may live.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
river Black People : Meditations for East Coast Members Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Quake rocks Washington area, felt on East Coast Black People Open Forum 40
D Black Poetry : East Coast/West Coast Street Collab 3XL - featuring: Desert Storm Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
U Africa : East African Anthem translation All Things Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : What the massive locust swarm in Africa and the Middle East means to the US All Things Africa 9
OldSoul Black People : East St. Louis Hate Riot Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : 'Hotep' — Community Action in East New York Black People Open Forum 13
tantric Food Discussion : any interest in east african cuisine? Food Discussion and Recipes 4
Enki Black People : How Blacks Are Treated In The Middle East. Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : p-diddy-opens-his-charter-school-in-east-harlem Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama says Iran nuclear deal prevents ‘more war’ in Middle East Black People Politics 19
chuck Black People : North/South/East/West: Do Tell Me About Your Necks Of The Woods! Black People Open Forum 0
S Black People : Reconsidering the East St Louis Race Riot of 1917 Black People Open Forum 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Alkebu-Lan: Land of the Blacks (Live at the East), James Mtume's Umoja Ensemble Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Stanley Clarke - East River Drive Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Blacks in North Africa and Middle East Often Face Virulent Racism from Arabs Black People Open Forum 19
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : 'Incredible increase' in oil, gas in East Africa Science and Technology 6
Keino Audio Video Web Conferencing : SPACEGHOSTPURRP - XZIRIZ | OSIRIS OF EAST PRYAMIDS Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
T Black Poetry : in the east Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Stanley Clarke East River Drive Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : Worst Drought in 60 Years Hits 10 Million in East Africa Black People Open Forum 1
Chevron Dove Black Christians : SINOLOGY-A Study of CHINA & the East Christian Study Group 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Star in the East AACOOLDRE 1
Amnat77 Black Spirituality Religion : Shamanic priestesses of East Africa Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
P Black People : Will Africa be the new "mid'east" war theater??? Black People Open Forum 15
T Africa : Naomba.com: East African Internet Portal All Things Africa 0
Therious Africa : East African Federation by 2010 All Things Africa 10
K Black Events : RE-SCHEDULE OF INTERVIEW with Pro. Griff of Public Enemy Tue Feb 13 10p east Black Events 0
KWABENA EAST ST. LOUIS, ILLINOIS Black Parenting 1
kemetkind Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Chapter 3 - The Source of the Light of the East Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 2
H Black Entertainment : Emily King: East Side Story Black Entertainment 0
B Pan Africanism : UhuruRadio Sun 7/23 highlights: analysis on Mid-East crisis and the Liberty City 7 African American History Culture 0
B Black People : Far East Asian Languages Are Near African Languages Black People Open Forum 6
A African American History Culture : The Zanj : Black slave revolt of the Middle East African American History Culture 4
Isaiah Black Entertainment : HIPHOP LEGACIES EAST@WEST@SOUTH... Black Entertainment 25
A African Woman Murdered In South East London Honoring Black Ancestors 1
P Africa : East Africans "genetically most diverse" All Things Africa 53
N Black Poetry : solution EAST YERSUS WEST Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : King on the Middle East AACOOLDRE 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : study history to solve middle east problems AACOOLDRE 1
Y Black Poetry : Hearts of Gold in the EAST! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Heartbeat Black Poetry : North, South, East, and West Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
G Black Poetry : East Bound Blues - A Repost Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : ivory coast bans skin whitening creams... Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
river Black People : For Those Who Live on the West Coast Black People Open Forum 1
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Third Coast Kings - West Grand Boulevard Black Entertainment 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Recent study found another earthquake could require evacuation of the entire North American coast Black People Open Forum 9
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Weather Report - Barbary Coast Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : Africa: the new war Zone/UN drops Bombs in Ivory Coast Black People Open Forum 1
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Ivory Coast: French forces take over Abidjan airport Omowale Jabali 2