Black Spirituality Religion : Dragon of the Sea and Table Mountain

Nov 30, 2009
According to African legend, Tixo(God of Sun), and Djobela(Earth Goddess), conceived Qamata who created the world. But the Great Dragon of the Sea was so jealous that he fought with Qamata to try and stop him forming dry land. In the battle Qamata was badly crippled, but the Earth Mother Djobela came to his aid by creating four mighty giants to guard the far corners of the earth. Djobela placed the biggest and strongest giant at the gateway to the south where Cape Town now lies.

After many terrible battles with the great Dragon of the Sea, the giants were killed one by one. But before they died, they requested that the Earth Mother turn them into mountains, so that even in death they could guard the world. And so, the greatest giant of all - Umlindi Wemingizimu - became Table Mountain, the watcher of the south.

Read more here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TruthHitman Black Christians : The People OF EDOM THE RED DRAGON BEAST OF REVELATIONS Christian Study Group 5
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : 'ENTER THE DRAGON ACTOR DIES' Black Entertainment 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Who's the big bad Red Dragon of REV? AACOOLDRE 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dragon Fly Jones 1 /martin Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Dragon Attack Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
noor100 Black Spirituality Religion : The Dragon's Triangle/The Bermuda Triangle Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
M Black Poetry : PUFF THE PLAY'D OUT DRAGON Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
nevar Black Poetry : Into the Dragon's Lair......(Fantasy piece) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
tyab14 Black People : The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Black People Open Forum 0
river Black Poetry : Dragon Jewels Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
MzBlkAngel Black Jokes Humor : Nick the Dragon Slayer Black Jokes Humor 5
R Black Poetry : try be brave but like a sea wave getting washed ashore and squashed even more when I fish for Moby Dick and like KOBE just quick to do a lay up and be Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : World famous Dead Sea Scrolls at Museum of the Bible 'are fake' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Sea Stack Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Mysterious Dead Sea Scroll is finally decoded by archaeologists Christian Study Group 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Mystery of Lost Biblical 'Sea People' Revealed in Ancient Hieroglyphs Uncovered in Turkey Christian Study Group 0
Al D Black People : The Black Sea Slave Trade Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black Spirituality Religion : ARCHAEOLOGISTS DISCOVER REMAINS OF ARMY IN RED SEA? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Positive Premeditation with Sea Salt Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : West Africa Is Being Swallowed by the Sea All Things Africa 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : St. James, the dead sea scrolls & Paul puppet of Rome AACOOLDRE 0
Lrae Black Poetry : Beneath the Sea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Walruses by the thousands forced ashore by melting sea ice Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Biblical-Era Town Discovered Along Sea of Galilee Christian Study Group 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : Antibiotic Found in Sea Mud Black Health and Wellness 3
KaHotep Black Poetry : Eye sea 'em Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Mary: Star of the Sea AACOOLDRE 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Joe Simon, Drowning in a Sea of Love Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black Spirituality Religion : Dead Sea Scrolls Now Online Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
T Black People : THE U.S. IS A CORPORATION SHIPWRECK ON THE SEA OF SOULS Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Dead sea Scroll & Aten AACOOLDRE 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Dead Sea Scrolls to be made available online to public Christian Study Group 9
Amnat77 Black Spirituality Religion : Between the Mermaid and the deep blue sea Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
cherryblossom Black Ancestors : Gullah and the Sea Islands Honoring Black Ancestors 11
tyab14 African American History Culture : Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings African American History Culture 3
4 Quiet Poetry Lounge : SEA OF LOVE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : SEA waves of an heart Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
I Black People : New Study Warns Of Rising Sea Levels Black People Open Forum 7
B Quiet Poetry Lounge : Sea Of Pain Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : My script reflect like a shipwreck prevail like sea whales Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
K Black People : All US Navy Ships At Sea - Why? Black People Open Forum 4
D Black Poetry : I am the Sea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Khasm13 Khasm13 : the sky is an eternal sea of darkness without the sun... Khasm13 20
Bluewater Black Poetry : Harmony of the Pisceans Sea Poetry(A Bishop & Bluewater Collab) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
M Black Poetry : The Sea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
ASHANTA Black Poetry : I The Women Of Sea's Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Bishop Black Poetry : Fading into the Sea of Night Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
W Black Poetry : Angel of the Sea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : Lost at Sea! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
A Black Poetry : The Sea of Choices and the Unwanted Ebony Queen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3