Black Positive People : Does Malcolm X Deserve A Federal Holiday?

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I don't understand?

When he was being humble...

yes, it does if we're speaking about a NATIONAL HOLIDAY. Should the holiday not be called what his chosen religious name was when he went back to the essence?

Farrakhan calls him malcolm for psychological reasons and effect and those in the nation parrot what farrakhan says about him. (see a speech called 'farrakhan speaks @ Malcolm X College, if you haven't already)
I feel ya bruh...and I see your point. Well if they do, they betta make his place on the calender big to fit that name in there.

But on the real, you are correct, his real name should be used. So, do you see this one day being a reality? It would be odd after they have spent so much effort to erase him form the minds, and history of a generation of our people. Yes, people get the t-shirts and hats but know little to nothing about him. I know because I've asked.

Peace!

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
We touch and agree on Malcolm's efforts not becoming a liberal dream; but most of Toure's thoughts you quoted, are taken largely from the OAAU's tennant, as seen here:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/body-and-soul.53882/page-2#post-543709

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/color-of-the-cross.42995/page-146#post-448000

Take another look at these words:

...but also his journey itself, which concludes with militancy being defeated by humanism and with racial hatred being defeated by globalism and multiracial acceptance...

I think you'll be able to follow the logic.

Peace In,
You are absolutely correct.

In fact, it was brother Malcolm's Humanist ideology which is what guided his focus on Human Rights, and this in turned inspired the African humanist philosophy which was fundamental to the Black Consciousness Movement in South Africa and well as the Black Campus Movement in the United States.

This is reflective of an African World View known as Ubuntu.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(philosophy)

As far as a national holiday is concerned, his Birthday is commemorated around the Diaspora on May 19th as African Liberation Day.

I think that is sufficient enough.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
First brutha Clyde, I think many of us may have to be schooled on who he was, and what he was about. There is at least one generation (depending on where you live) that has not been taught about X. I don't know of any school in Wa.state that teaches about him. When I started teaching my kids about him, I asked them if he was being taught in the school. My daughter said no, the only thing her teacher said is that he was not a nice guy. I have been here since 88 and I've heard the same story over and over.

peace!

Absolutely brother, again, you speak pure truth to power; there's very little one can add...

Peace In,

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I'll prolly get lashed for saying this,... but Malcolm X will never get a holiday. White folks are not ready for it and most black folks aren't either. Malcolm was militant against white folks. He was hated and feared by white folks and most black folks too..

White folks and most black folks are not ready to see NOI, FOI, and all the followers marching down the streets like MLK protesters normally do on MLK's day.. It will stir up too much trouble. It will never happen. But as they saying says,..Never Say Never!!

You're good MsVeraisblessed, and you've expressed the majority opinion of the posters in this Thread...

Peace In,

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
You are absolutely correct.

In fact, it was brother Malcolm's Humanist ideology which is what guided his focus on Human Rights, and this in turned inspired the African humanist philosophy which was fundamental to the Black Consciousness Movement in South Africa and well as the Black Campus Movement in the United States.

This is reflective of an African World View known as Ubuntu.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(philosophy)

As far as a national holiday is concerned, his Birthday is commemorated around the Diaspora on May 19th as African Liberation Day.

I think that is sufficient enough.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Its good we touch and agree, and thanks for dropping the knowledge of May 19th, African Liberation Day; almost forgot about that...:) Good looking out brother omowalejabali.

Peace In,

Last edited:
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: