Black Positive People : Does Malcolm X Deserve A Federal Holiday?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I agree, I use to be against it out of ignorance and laziness on my part. Also I was listening to people that didn't have a plan, all they wanted was the money. But that was the old me, the new me is all for it because I have educated myself on the subject. So maybe that is their problem of why they buck it, lack of knowledge.

BTW, thank you for keep pushing this agenda on this board. I know you are not some late comer to this issue as I am...

Peace!

Good deal, thanks a lot bro. Enki ... I'm not so sure NNQueen will be able to stand the heat coming her way, if she steps out seriously about pursuing deserved Reparations.

Because our people have not prepared to receive the check, White folk got to be the dumbest people in the world; here's why, if they gave up Reparations tomorrow, guess what, they'd get the money right back, dang near overnight :rofl:

All the naysayers would do what Black folk do, go out and buy something new, not save, and sure wouldn't be thinking about Repatriation to Alkebu-lan.

Ut oh, there I go again speaking poetry, lol, ... Black folk do, buy something new ...

If we were to have dialog on receiving the money, deservedly, we would think of must-do things, ahead of receiving the extra money, and how we should manage that big bundle of cash.

So, there is no reason why this system of white supremacy should not pay for the free labor of our ancestors, knowing that Black folk are anti-saving before quick-spending ... And not only that, but this economy would peak overnight and all would be well. Again, failing to make the bad check good is totally inexcusable for so, so, many reasons :)

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Good deal, thanks a lot bro. Enki ... I'm not so sure NNQueen will be able to stand the heat coming her way, if she steps out seriously about pursuing deserved Reparations.

Because our people have not prepared to receive the check, White folk got to be the dumbest people in the world; here's why, if they gave up Reparations tomorrow, guess what, they'd get the money right back, dang near overnight :rofl:

All the naysayers would do what Black folk do, go out and buy something new, not save, and sure wouldn't be thinking about Repatriation to Alkebu-lan.

Ut oh, there I go again speaking poetry, lol, ... Black folk do, buy something new ...

If we were to have dialog on receiving the money, deservedly, we would think of must-do things, ahead of receiving the extra money, and how we should manage that big bundle of cash.

So, there is no reason why this system of white supremacy should not pay for the free labor of our ancestors, knowing that Black folk are anti-saving before quick-spending ... And not only that, but this economy would peak overnight and all would be well. Again, failing to make the bad check good is totally inexcusable for so, so, many reasons :)

Bro. Clyde got jokes! lol

You know, as I age, I have come to realize and understand that there will ALWAYS be people who won't agree with my opinions on some issues. This, I know, is one of those issues. Take the heat? Meh...bring it! lol

Bro. Clyde, I could hug you. What you express in the above statement is THE KEY that unlocks the box that encases our truth and will set free if we would stop being afraid to pursue this or live in denial believing this is something OWED to us. At least, that's my opinion.

What is the BEST reason that people who oppose reparations can give to reject its relevance and importance?

Are we so different than other people who have suffered great tragedies and were victimized by hate and greed and received some form of compensation and we should not?

I know there are other threads on the topic of reparations but I'm tying it to this thread by saying that if I had the choice, instead of a street named after Malcolm X, I believe we are past due being compensated economically and legally for being kidnapped, sold, murdered, raped, classified and treated as less than human and made to work long grueling hours a day WITHOUT financial compensation. As someone said in an article I read on the topic of reparations, "A failure to redress the injuries caused by slavery and its aftermath is an injury often more serious than the acts themselves, because it signifies the political non-personhood of victims." Now I understand that the legal system will demand that Black people whose ancestors were a part of the international slave trade prove how we, descendants of slave ancestors, have been injured but I believe that can be easily done by proving that oppression and white supremacy existed back then and continues to exist having a negative impact on Black people every day.

Reparations requires a moral, legal and economic judgment for past treatment of Black people. Naming a street for one of us does not even scratch the surface. But as you say, we can argue for that and reparations too but I want it to be known worldwide and shouted from the mountaintops and never to be forgotten, the wrong that is done to Black people and I want the International Court of Justice to rule somebody as GUILTY and we be compensated. We have been injured and someone MUST PAY for that instead of walking around knowing it but doing nothing about it.

We live in a litigious society so I say SUE ALL the nations that were involved in the Transatlantic Slave Trade.

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
What we need to do is play the white man's game. While many of us that want reparation speak of cars, money, and other materialistic things, we need to think "eminent domain" That is how YT thinks... We should want this and the rights to the air, water, and what is below the ground as payment. This can be passed on if we choose to but many of our minds aren't right.

Peace!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Bro. Clyde got jokes! lol

You know, as I age, I have come to realize and understand that there will ALWAYS be people who won't agree with my opinions on some issues. This, I know, is one of those issues. Take the heat? Meh...bring it! lol

Bro. Clyde, I could hug you. What you express in the above statement is THE KEY that unlocks the box that encases our truth and will set free if we would stop being afraid to pursue this or live in denial believing this is something OWED to us. At least, that's my opinion.

What is the BEST reason that people who oppose reparations can give to reject its relevance and importance?

Are we so different than other people who have suffered great tragedies and were victimized by hate and greed and received some form of compensation and we should not?

I know there are other threads on the topic of reparations but I'm tying it to this thread by saying that if I had the choice, instead of a street named after Malcolm X, I believe we are past due being compensated economically and legally for being kidnapped, sold, murdered, raped, classified and treated as less than human and made to work long grueling hours a day WITHOUT financial compensation. As someone said in an article I read on the topic of reparations, "A failure to redress the injuries caused by slavery and its aftermath is an injury often more serious than the acts themselves, because it signifies the political non-personhood of victims." Now I understand that the legal system will demand that Black people whose ancestors were a part of the international slave trade prove how we, descendants of slave ancestors, have been injured but I believe that can be easily done by proving that oppression and white supremacy existed back then and continues to exist having a negative impact on Black people every day.

Reparations requires a moral, legal and economic judgment for past treatment of Black people. Naming a street for one of us does not even scratch the surface. But as you say, we can argue for that and reparations too but I want it to be known worldwide and shouted from the mountaintops and never to be forgotten, the wrong that is done to Black people and I want the International Court of Justice to rule somebody as GUILTY and we be compensated. We have been injured and someone MUST PAY for that instead of walking around knowing it but doing nothing about it.

We live in a litigious society so I say SUE ALL the nations that were involved in the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
"... But as you say, we can argue for that and reparations too but I want it to be known worldwide and shouted from the mountaintops and never to be forgotten, the wrong that is done to Black people and I want the International Court of Justice to rule somebody as GUILTY and we be compensated. We have been injured and someone MUST PAY for that instead of walking around knowing it but doing nothing about it.

We live in a litigious society so I say SUE ALL the nations
that were involved in the Transatlantic Slave Trade ..."

:) Now you already know I had an ulterior motive Sis. NNQueen, knowing how tough you are mentally, and physically healthy as well ... here' a hug for you though:

:hug: And here's sumptin else, I plan to make a Thread/Discussion out of, relative to Reparations:

U.S. owes black people reparations for a history of ‘racial terrorism,’ says U.N. panel

... This conclusion was part of a study by the United Nations' Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, a body that reports to the international organization's High Commissioner on Human Rights. The group of experts, which includes leading human rights lawyers from around the world, presented its findings to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday, pointing to the continuing link between present injustices and the dark chapters of American history ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/27/u-s-owes-black-people-reparations-for-a-history-of-racial-terrorism-says-u-n-panel/

Slave shackles on display at the new National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington. (Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I have seen with my own eyes remnants of articles used during slavery and its an emotional heart breaker. I've seen clothes, crude farm tools and cooking/eating utensils, whips, chains, torture tools, hanging ropes, quilts made from fabric scraps. The worst is to see small handcuffs and chains made for children, even iron chokers.

There is no way anyone can witness that stuff and not feel a huge lump in their throats and their chests swell. The tears roll down your cheeks and I've heard women moan in emotional pain as they observed and even touched these real pieces, knowing that our people--real people--actually touched them too but under completely different circumstances.

The traveling exhibit that I saw was called "Middle Passage."

Words can't describe the experience. It makes you angry and very sad at the same time. And oppressors expect you to walk around everyday laughing and pretending that time in our history didn't exist? Not!

Until something happens in my lifetime that makes me feel that justice for our people has been delivered, I plan to live the rest of my life making sure to tell my story with a strong voice while looking people straight in the eye. No more staring away or bowing my head and mumbling, yes'm or no suh!

Ok...I need to go listen to some Black students who need a space to talk and people who care about them to talk to. Take care and stay alive!

:heart:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:hug:

I have seen with my own eyes remnants of articles used during slavery and its an emotional heart breaker. I've seen clothes, crude farm tools and cooking/eating utensils, whips, chains, torture tools, hanging ropes, quilts made from fabric scraps. The worst is to see small handcuffs and chains made for children, even iron chokers.

There is no way anyone can witness that stuff and not feel a huge lump in their throats and their chests swell. The tears roll down your cheeks and I've heard women moan in emotional pain as they observed and even touched these real pieces, knowing that our people--real people--actually touched them too but under completely different circumstances.

The traveling exhibit that I saw was called "Middle Passage."

Words can't describe the experience. It makes you angry and very sad at the same time. And oppressors expect you to walk around everyday laughing and pretending that time in our history didn't exist? Not!

Until something happens in my lifetime that makes me feel that justice for our people has been delivered, I plan to live the rest of my life making sure to tell my story with a strong voice while looking people straight in the eye. No more staring away or bowing my head and mumbling, yes'm or no suh!

Ok...I need to go listen to some Black students who need a space to talk and people who care about them to talk to. Take care and stay alive!

:heart:

Fine1952

Happy Winter Solstice
Sep 27, 2005
Great Question!

Answer: Yes, good idea. No, too many haters!

Destee brown_h0rnet

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Of course he does, its pass time for it; what say you Destee Family?

Does Malcolm X Deserve A Federal Holiday?

Does Malcolm X deserve a federal holiday? Toure, a New York Times best-selling author, thinks so. He penned a Time Magazine column arguing that the civil rights legend is equally deserving of a federal holiday as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"We would celebrate not just his willingness to journey but also his journey itself, which concludes with militancy being defeated by humanism and with racial hatred being defeated by globalism and multiracial acceptance."
http://newsone.com/1816345/malcolm-x-needs-federal-holiday/

We Need A Malcolm X Day

By Touré Jan. 20, 2012 4 Comments

MICHAEL OCHS ARCHIVES / GETTY IMAGES

Every Martin Luther King day I swell with pride as we celebrate an extraordinary black American and remember King’s magnanimous ideals. But I also hear a voice in my mind saying, “I wonder if there’ll ever be a holiday celebrating another black American?” Is there just one black American who merits a holiday?

Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2012/01/20/we-need-a-malcolm-x-day/#ixzz2JyoILOiZ

Peace In,

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
You are right, too many haters, lol:

Notice how Amazon portrays the book:) below, an actual link to the book on their site :facepalm:

I love this book!!!

Lets see if we can get it into the schools.....

Yeah....I've been drinking......:drink:

:SuN049:

Peace!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍