Black Relationships : Does astrology or intellect play a part in strong relationship

MahoganyUnique

Nov 14, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I am on my phone so I will be short and apologize now if I may be everywhere on this topic. I was interested in astrology in my early twenties but have since then strayed away from studying more about it. I learned many things about lunar signs and birth charts that are suppose to play a role in how a person inward and outward personality may be made and life obstacles that they may go through and how they handle them. I also read a little on chineese astrology ( eastern zodiac) which corresponds with the orbit of jupiter, in which it takes 12 years. So after 12 years the cycle would start over with a different element. In knowing some of this I find myself seeking mates that I know I am compatible with. But then when it comes to western astrology because of new evidence of a 13th sign and when dealing with only sun signs and not birth charts, I find it very difficult. Also I can say the same with the eastern zodiac because of all the elements and so forth. I was wondering if anyone has succesfully had a relationship that knows even alittle about astrology that was against this or was aligned with this? It is very strange to me that those that I am compatible with do not reach a level of intellect that makes me want to engage in a relationship, when those that do posses energy to stimulate my mind I am not compatible with. I was with the father of my kids for 7 years. He is a cancer and I am a taurus, that says we are compatible according to western astrology. My lunar sign is a cancer and his is a libra. However in chineese astrology he is a goat and me a dog, in which we wouldn't be compatible. I do know of knowlege where they incorporate the both but know nothing of this. We however did not work and I have grown so far intellectually that we will never work because anytime I voice my opinion I am crazy to him. He is a strong Black man yet his thoughts are too much and I can't handle it. Besides being an alcoholic he talks to my son with a very degrading tone at times and I try and tell him his way of speaking to them is damaging to their spirit. He will say things like you stupid and you gone grow up to be a punk. Is this tough love? How some men put it and me being a woman am I. Putting to much thought into this. How can I want to mend something like this when we don't see eye to eye on what to instill in our children? Any comments are welcome

MahoganyUnique

Nov 14, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Also I wonder if spiritually you and your partner have to be on the same page or can that grow like feelings? In the begining do you have to be with someone who agrees on most of what you believe?

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I am on my phone so I will be short and apologize now if I may be everywhere on this topic. I was interested in astrology in my early twenties but have since then strayed away from studying more about it. I learned many things about lunar signs and birth charts that are suppose to play a role in how a person inward and outward personality may be made and life obstacles that they may go through and how they handle them. I also read a little on chineese astrology ( eastern zodiac) which corresponds with the orbit of jupiter, in which it takes 12 years. So after 12 years the cycle would start over with a different element. In knowing some of this I find myself seeking mates that I know I am compatible with. But then when it comes to western astrology because of new evidence of a 13th sign and when dealing with only sun signs and not birth charts, I find it very difficult. Also I can say the same with the eastern zodiac because of all the elements and so forth. I was wondering if anyone has succesfully had a relationship that knows even alittle about astrology that was against this or was aligned with this? It is very strange to me that those that I am compatible with do not reach a level of intellect that makes me want to engage in a relationship, when those that do posses energy to stimulate my mind I am not compatible with. I was with the father of my kids for 7 years. He is a cancer and I am a taurus, that says we are compatible according to western astrology. My lunar sign is a cancer and his is a libra. However in chineese astrology he is a goat and me a dog, in which we wouldn't be compatible. I do know of knowlege where they incorporate the both but know nothing of this. We however did not work and I have grown so far intellectually that we will never work because anytime I voice my opinion I am crazy to him. He is a strong Black man yet his thoughts are too much and I can't handle it. Besides being an alcoholic he talks to my son with a very degrading tone at times and I try and tell him his way of speaking to them is damaging to their spirit. He will say things like you stupid and you gone grow up to be a punk. Is this tough love? How some men put it and me being a woman am I. Putting to much thought into this. How can I want to mend something like this when we don't see eye to eye on what to instill in our children? Any comments are welcome

Tough love or crazy love? I have written in threads here before concerning sidereal astrology and the 13th sign of Ophichus, which I fall under, so western astrology has no usage to me as it relates to sun signs. What I do find more accurate is using your moon sign because it relates to ones emotional nature which I think is key in understanding possible compatable relationships.

MahoganyUnique

Nov 14, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Tough love or crazy love? I have written in threads here before concerning sidereal astrology and the 13th sign of Ophichus, which I fall under, so western astrology has no usage to me as it relates to sun signs. What I do find more accurate is using your moon sign because it relates to ones emotional nature which I think is key in understanding possible compatable relationships.
Lol @ crazy or tough love. Yea that is right on but I never thought of it like that. In order to connect with someone on a deeper more meaningful way, their lunar signs being compatible may have an affect. That makes a lot of sense. I try not to let astrology play a role in dating but I always see similar traits in men that have the same sign, which makes me want to run if they are not traits I want to deal with, and quite the opposite if I have had good experiences. In which I may be missing out big time...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
YingYang11 Black Astrology : Does Anyone know What Draconic Astrology is? Black Astrology 7
HODEE Black People Politics : DOES YOUR STATE PREPAY YOUR BALLOT POSTAGE _ Find out here... Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : What Does BIPOC Stand For? Here’s Why You Should Consider Using the Term to Be More Inclusive African American History Culture 1
C Black People : Live Thyself, What Does It Mean? Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Are We To Accept The Notion That COVID-19 Does Not Make Jail And Prison Visit??? Black People Open Forum 1
SwagII Black Relationships : LOVE, what does it really feel like? Black Relationships 1
C Black People : I Am Not Beholden To Anything So Call Black Leadership Does Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : If One doesn't believe in God or the Devil? What does that... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
C Black People : A Disrespectful Mind For Time, Is A Mind That Does Not Use Time Wisely!!! Black People Open Forum 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Does it matter? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Angela22 Gun Ownership : If You Don't Like Guns, Does It Make Sense to Own a Gun? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
willa Black Spirituality Religion : What Does Tribulation Before Christ... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
OldSoul Black People : What does this mean? Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : What Deep Breathing Does to Your Body Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Here's What Eating a Thanksgiving Feast Actually Does to Your Body Black Health and Wellness 4
A Black Spirituality Religion : Does the old testament contain good advice on how to maintain a marriage/relationship? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr The Police : Where does police brutality fit in America's first law enforcement museum? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : What Is #Code-Switching And Why Does It Matter? African American History Culture 1
G Black Astrology : What Does My Natal Chart Say About Me? Black Astrology 1
S Black People : Though "Tall" describes me physically, it does not unify me Socio-Politically with Tall people. Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : What does it say about us when we don’t support our own? African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Does God Exist? Some Scientists Think They Have Proof Science and Technology 3
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Does It Apply To You? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Liberty Law Forum : Does Florida’s Death Row overrepresent African Americans as state lawmaker says]? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Bootzey Black People : Does anyone sew? Black People Open Forum 15
B Black Astrology : What does it mean to be born on the 29th of the month? Black Astrology 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Does the New testament Imitate Homer? AACOOLDRE 1
S Black Men : Best Trimmer/Shaver For Your Face That Does Not Give You Bumps Black Men 1
chuck African American History Culture : What Does It Means To Labelled As African-American In 2017? African American History Culture 14
IFE Black Entertainment : Academy Awards: How much does it cost to win an Oscar? A whole lotta dough Black Entertainment 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : REPARATIONS or REPATRIATION--What Does the Bible Say About it? Christian Study Group 11
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : Issa Rae HBO Show "Insecure" Does Not Represent Black LA or Black LA's Wealth Black Entertainment 1
IFE Black People Politics : The Emoluments Clause And How Does It Apply To Donald Trump Black People Politics 1
chuck Health and Wellness : what truly does characterize african African-American culture in 2016? Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : does everyone here believe in the illuminati? Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Does It Matter When A White CEO Says 'Black Lives Matter'? Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : What does it mean to be ‘black enough’? Three women explore their racial identities African American History Culture 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : What does Fifty shades of Grey & Pimps No more have in common AACOOLDRE 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Does Chinese Civilization Come From Ancient Egypt? Egypt 5
TruthHitman Black Christians : The Word "Beast" What does It Mean In Scripture Christian Study Group 4
Enki Black People Politics : Creflo Dollar Says God Told Him To Endorse Donald Trump - What does this say about God, if Anything? Black People Politics 139
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Dear Khloe: Cultural Appropriation of Black Hairstyles Does Matter ... Here's Why Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 15
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : WHAT DOES A RUDDY PERSON LOOK LIKE? Chevron Dove 12
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : WHAT DOES; HAIR LIKE A FLOCK OF GOATS & LOCKS LOOK LIKE? Chevron Dove 3
crwn Black People : Does this video strike a cord? Black People Open Forum 1
chuck Black People Politics : How Does The Rest Of Humanity View Us Too?!? Black People Politics 1
Liberty Black Men : What Does It Mean To Be A (Black) Father? Black Men 17
baller Black Poetry : Does Black History Month Mean as much as it Once Did? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
S Black People : What does this picture say to you? (4) Black People Open Forum 12
chuck Black People Politics : Who Does Know What Truly Matters To Black America?!? Black People Politics 0