Black People : Do You Think The Term Nig### Should Be Used Here on a Black Black Message Board

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Amazing, absolutly amazing, how the most derogatory thing in the world, to call someone, has now beomce the thing that every Black child is calling each other each day to school and home from school for the past 30 years due to hip hop music, and now probably in nations in the Motherland doing the same.
But the word negro cannot be used and is a problem only when certian people use it, but a word that is banned from the website is OK?

The Last Poets used that adjective, to describe those who are scared of revolution and a famous homosexual picked up on that, J Edgar Hoover, and somewhere in his COINTELPRO, applications to destabilize the Black community, planned on a methodology tto get Black children to call each other that on a daily basis, even if it took him, 40 years to do so!

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
having been guilty myself of saying it within black circles, i may sound hypocritical in saying this but no, it shouldn't be. in the face of all the other negatives associated with the term, we have desensitized its impact not only for ourselves, but for others. thereby teaching others that it's not a bad term to use. however, when they direct it at us, we want to get upset about it. we cannot have it both ways...and we cannot be hypocritical about it. if it's okay for us to use...then it's okay for others to use. EITHER ACCEPT THAT OR CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOR. there is nothing so special about you that says "i can say whatever i want but you had better not." if you want to stand on principle, stand on it. but don't have double standards. LET THERE BE ONE STANDARD.

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
having been guilty myself of saying it within black circles, i may sound hypocritical in saying this but no, it shouldn't be. in the face of all the other negatives associated with the term, we have desensitized its impact not only for ourselves, but for others. thereby teaching others that it's not a bad term to use. however, when they direct it at us, we want to get upset about it. we cannot have it both ways...and we cannot be hypocritical about it. if it's okay for us to use...then it's okay for others to use. EITHER ACCEPT THAT OR CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOR. there is nothing so special about you that says "i can say whatever i want but you had better not." if you want to stand on principle, stand on it. but don't have double standards. LET THERE BE ONE STANDARD.
:toast:

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
I don't want to read that word on this web site.
It is offensive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People Politics : Donald Trump's answer on what he would do in a 2nd term is literally unintelligible Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : What Does BIPOC Stand For? Here’s Why You Should Consider Using the Term to Be More Inclusive African American History Culture 1
S The Front Porch : President Akufo-Addo to Run for Second Term as NPP's Flagbearer The Front Porch 0
OldSoul Black People : Slavery is not our lineage! How the term "ADOS" buys into eugenics and anti-blackness Black People Open Forum 20
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : St. Augustine take on the term of Lukewarm AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Larry Wilmore: Racial Reference to Obama Was 'Term of Endearment' Breaking News Black People Open Forum 5
Liberty Black People : The Term ‘White Tears’ Is Funny, but What It Often Leads to Isn’t Black People Open Forum 1
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : NTORO: The Origin and Meaning of the Term 'NTR' (Deity) as Defined in Kamit and Akan Culture Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama Tells '60 Minutes' He Could Win a Third Term, Says Trump Won't Win Black People Politics 5
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama: ‘I’m a Pretty Good President’ And If I Ran For a Third Term, I Could Win Black People Politics 0
F Black People Politics : Why the term African American is mostly offensive Black People Politics 167
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : U.S. Army apologizes, will drop term 'Negro' from policy document Black People Politics 0
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : New: ANKH - The Origin of the term 'Yoga' - KARA - Origin of 'Chakra' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : New Book: AFURAKA/AFURAITKAIT - The Origin of the term 'Africa' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : The Origin of the Term 'God' - Ngg Ur is Not 'n_gga' - Part 2 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
K The Front Porch : The Term (Black Race) Is Not Indicative of An Actual Nationality The Front Porch 139
Ra Nehem African American History Culture : Note on the term Ngg Wr or Ngngn Wr in Kamit - Negg Ur is not '******' African American History Culture 0
cherryblossom Jails / Prisons : Father of Child Killed in CRM serving 5 year Prison Term Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
A Black People : What? Have anyone ever heard of of the term Nacirema? Black People Open Forum 3
Kemetstry Science and Technology : Long Term Tamoxifen Use Cuts Cancer Science and Technology 2
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : The Origin of the Term Nsamanfo in Kamit Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Akan Origin of the Term Hoodoo Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Colin Powell endorses Obama for a second term Black People Politics 4
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Ankh - The Origin of the Term 'Yoga' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
I Black People Politics : The term useful idiot has never been more fitting Black People Politics 1
info-moetry Black People : Do you think the term NEGRO should be used here on a black message board? Black People Open Forum 225
Ankhur Black People Politics : Obama Administration Cuts Long-Term Home Care Program for Elderly and Disabled Black People Politics 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : obama will be one term president Black People Politics 29
S Black People : is the term "WHITE PEOPLE" too general? (to be effective) Black People Open Forum 72
Destee Jails / Prisons : You Can Be Held in Prison AFTER Prison Term Complete Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 8
3 Black People : Is the term ghetto(as used commonly today)racist? Black People Open Forum 56
Ankhur Black People : BUSH; I mean Bernanke wants another term?????????????? Black People Open Forum 6
Ankhur Black People : What does the term backbiter mean Black People Open Forum 7
tyab14 Black People : Origin of the Term Moor? Black People Open Forum 22
D Black Poetry : Term The Incredible Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Destee Black People : Challenging The Term - White Supremacy Black People Open Forum 106
R Black People : Is Enslavement an adequate term to describe what we went through? Black People Open Forum 5
D Super curly hair - Hairdresser term for Black says Barber who bucks trend Black Men 0
P Pan Africanism : SA's Mbeki rules out third term African American History Culture 0
Isaiah Black People : THE DIRTY SOUTH - DO ALL BLACK SOUTHERNERS ACCEPT THAT TERM??? Black People Open Forum 25
D Africa : Meet the Longest serving Africa ruler seeking another term All Things Africa 1
SAMURAI36 Black People : The Term "Negroe / Negress" Black People Open Forum 99
Destee Black People : The Term Cracker Black People Open Forum 57
N Black Relationships : Has anyone had to end a long term friendship Black Relationships 10
C Black Women : Long and Short Term Goals Black Women 3
R Black People : Why is the term "Dog" used to describe a man who is promiscuous? Black People Open Forum 10
H Black Poetry : " The long term effects of We'd " Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
J Black Poetry : Unspoken Term Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
AACOOLDRE Black Short Stories : Christ is a Dixie Nig: From Alabama to Zoon town Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : ‘Don’t Re-Nig,’ the racist anti-Obama bumper sticker, appears real Black People Politics 0