Black Astrology : Do you like Modern Astrology?

YingYang11

Aug 13, 2014
Gaia
Occupation
Hidden Poet, Enlightener
Ive been using modern astrology for a long time(like using the planets Uranus, Pluto, Neptune, and other asteroids), But now I'm using the more traditional astrology. Here's why.

I research the concepts of modern and traditional astrology and I found out that modern astrology constantly look for new planets or asteroids to add to the natal chart. I really don't agreed with that. I mean what happens when the moon or Saturn gets destroyed? Do we just take it out from the natal chart? How about the sun? If the sun explodes in the next 1000 of years what does that mean for our natal charts?( well actually we would have all been dead maybe). For traditional astrology they used the same old planets that our ancestors( the ancestors are debatable. Some say it was the Babylonians) used for their natal charts. Modern astrologist say that these ancestors did not know that there are other planets in the sky. I disagreed. I think that they didn't CARE that there were other planets in the sky.

This is where people philosophy's of astrology comes into play. I believe that astrology is based on intuition or seasons. It not solely based "on the stars". That is too unrealistic. Since these ancestors were probably Babylonians they probably recognize patterns in the world (nature) and use psychic intuition to make up astrology. This is why I use the tropical zodiac instead of sidereal because I want to see what these ancestors saw when they were coming up with the natal chart.

In traditional astrology they always use the same planets (Sun,Moon,Venus,Mercury,Mars,Jupiter,Saturn). Since there are 7 planets doesn't it make it more special since 7 is a "holy" number. Using traditional also helps to understand the concepts of the Zodiac like what Aries really mean.

So do you like modern or traditional astrology?

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Ive been using modern astrology for a long time(like using the planets Uranus, Pluto, Neptune, and other asteroids), But now I'm using the more traditional astrology. Here's why.

I research the concepts of modern and traditional astrology and I found out that modern astrology constantly look for new planets or asteroids to add to the natal chart.
They do? What new planet (asteroid!? :huh: ) has been added to the existing 12 astrological signs?

I really don't agreed with that. I mean what happens when the moon or Saturn gets destroyed? Do we just take it out from the natal chart? How about the sun? If the sun explodes in the next 1000 of years what does that mean for our natal charts?( well actually we would have all been dead maybe).
I'm thinking you don't really understand how astrology works. For instance, if the moon or Saturn gets destroyed, people will no longer be "influenced" by the moon or Saturn. That's what the planets do, you know. They "influence" our behavior. No planet/no influence.

This is where people philosophy's of astrology comes into play. I believe that astrology is based on intuition or seasons. It not solely based "on the stars". That is too unrealistic.
Only to one who doesn't understand the concepts behind astrology.... based on celestial bodies, the STARS (astro?), not winter, fall and spring on the blue planet, or the intuition(?) of the billions of insignificant beings who inhabit it.

Dreya

Jul 14, 2014
GA
Occupation
Applied computer arts
never really believed in any kind of astrology but it makes you think when a physics professor tells you that neutrinos flew through you from a supernova in another galaxy that happened 170000 years ago - actual particles flying straight through your brain!

YingYang11

Aug 13, 2014
Gaia
Occupation
Hidden Poet, Enlightener
i'm going to this class tomorrow. this is olde stuff. i'll see if i can follow it.
When you're finish with the class can you tell me the difference between bazi astrology and western astrology? I never heard of it before.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
imhotep06 Black People : Ancient Sparta (Greece) and Modern Police Brutality Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Inside America’s Horrifying Modern-Day Eugenics Movement Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Enlightenment’s Dark Side How the Enlightenment created modern race thinking, and why we should confront it African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Every person alive today descended from a woman who lived in modern-day Botswana about 200,000 years ago, a new study finds Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Selma, the birthplace of modern democracy in America African American History Culture 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : MODERN WRITERS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: Mediterranean Jewries and Global Commerce in the Modern Period Black People Politics 0
Perfection Burundi : In Context Series: Modern Folklore, Identity, and Political Change in Burundi Burundi 0
Destee Science and Technology : Meltdown and Spectre - Bugs in modern computers leak passwords and sensitive data. Science and Technology 8
IFE Law Forum : 50 Companies Supporting Modern American Slavery Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : The Bible Has No Place In Modern America: Sobering Lessons from Donald Trump and Kim Burrell Christian Study Group 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Oscar McLollie and The Honeyjumpers - Dig That Crazy Santa Claus [Modern 943] 1954 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : U.S. inmates strike in what activists call one of the biggest prison protests in modern history Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Neandertal DNA Affects Modern Ethnic Difference in Immune Response Science and Technology 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Researchers find no trace of Neanderthal Y-chromosomes in modern humans Science and Technology 16
crwn Black People : AFRICOM’s Secret Empire: US Military Turns Africa Into ‘Laboratory’ Of Modern Warfare Black People Open Forum 0
Orisons Black People : Why is RACIST HATRED STILL standard in the Modern Era? Black People Open Forum 41
Aluku Black Education / Schools : Principal says standardized testing is ‘modern-day slavery’ Black Education / Schools 6
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : MODERN GYNOCOLOGY FOUNDED ON HUMAN EXPERIMENTATION Black Health and Wellness 2
HODEE Black People Politics : Welcome to Uniontown: Arrowhead Landfill Battle a Modern Civil Rights Struggle Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Earliest Group Of Modern Humans To Branch Off Survived Until Just 2,300 Years Ago Science and Technology 0
shaka64 Black People Politics : Forbes.com :Obama is the best President of modern times! Black People Politics 3
shaka64 Black People : The Problem With Keke Palmer’s “Compassion” For Michael Brown And Other Black Victims of Modern Day Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Neanderthals 'as clever as modern humans' Science and Technology 62
chuck Black People : An African Tells The Truth About Modern Africa! Black People Open Forum 4
Khasm13 Khasm13 : The Manifesto of Ascendancy for the Modern American N-word Khasm13 31
DDW Black Entertainment : Modern Musicians Black Entertainment 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : 7-Eleven Stores Operated 'Modern Day Plantation System,' Feds Claim Black People Open Forum 5
King Tubbs Black People : Excellent Documentary about modern Africa (Africa Straight Up) Black People Open Forum 11
N Black Entertainment : Mainstream Rap as a Modern Form of the Minstrel Show Black Entertainment 4
kusi Black Relationships : Modern Marriage Has Failed Relationships! Pt.2 Black Relationships 0
kusi Black Relationships : Modern Marriage Has Failed Relationships! Black Relationships 10
chuck Black People : Modern Hip Hop: True Or False? Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : Modern Slavery rationalized to the public as "innovative" and "cost saving". Black People Open Forum 1
B Black Spirituality Religion : Aleister Crowley - The Wickedest Man in The World (The Founder of Modern Day Culture) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 22
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Today's Modern Food: It's not what you think - Part 1 &2 Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Antibiotic Resistance Could Bring 'End of Modern Medicine' Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Machine Gun Preacher/ Modern day Tarzan? saving Africans from thmselves? Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People : Modern day slavery in louisiana and mississippi? Black People Open Forum 9
ru2religious Black Spirituality Religion : Modern view of the End times Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
chuck Nigeria : Nigeria: A Case Study Of Modern Africa Nigeria 1
chuck Libya : A Brief Case Study Of Modern Libya Up To Now: Libya 5
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : The Libyan Origins of the Modern Jihad Omowale Jabali 36
Amnat77 Mali : Mali: Cooperation Between Modern and Traditional Medicine Mali 4
SophiaG Black People : African American History: The Modern Freedom Struggle Lecture Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Black Relationships 3
Kemetstry Black People : Modern Slavery Black People Open Forum 7
Onyemobi Black People : The Transmission of Igbo Culture in Pre-Colonial and Modern Society (Part 1) Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People : DNA in modern people from Europe was inherited from Neandertals Black People Open Forum 72
imhotep06 African American History Culture : Could Kongo be Modern KMT? African American History Culture 2