Black Spirituality Religion : Do you have to be Religious to be Moral or ethical?

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
The footing for what is moral and what is immoral has been forever on constantly shifting sands and will likely remain so. What I maintain as an absolute moral action you may find abhorrent or ludicrous and vice versa.
Is it moral to eat cow if your hungry? Ask a Hindu.
Is it moral to go about without ones head covered? Ask a Sikh.
I could go on but you get the idea, what is seen as moral behavior depends on who is doing the looking. Just ask, if you could, a Mayan.

Is there no universal right or wrong, regardless of time and or place?

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
Looking at it dispassionately from arms length it does all seem some sort of squishy moral relativism doesn't it?
I believe their is an internal universal compass of what is right and wrong and like James says it is often "block" by such things as place, times, culture or disease you experience....the closest word we have to describing such a thing is conscience.

The question is it universal?
and is the same regardless place, time, culture and specie?

Maybe we should define what is meant by right and wrong..

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: