Gun Ownership : DO YOU CARRY A WEAPON FOR PROTECTION?

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
Yes, my mind...and thus far it has stopped many bullets. If you inquire about any external tools you will get a different answer.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Keita said:
Yes, my mind...and thus far it has stopped many bullets. If you inquire about any external tools you will get a different answer.

Yes, a different tool

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

thePreacher

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
As in, do you carry a weapon when you out in about?
I have known a lot of folks who own guns, some who carry legally, some illegally. I have never had a compelling reason to get one myself, but have had many compelling reasons not to. One of those compelling reasons not to was during my divorce when I might have killed my then wife if I knew how to load a clip into the gun she carried around in her purse.

I have never been in a situation in my 59 years of life which would have turned out better if I had had a gun on me.

I have never personally known a gun owner, with the possible exception of my late father, who got into less trouble with one than without one. I think my father may have been the exception to that because he never talked about it, never showed it to anybody, and never felt the need [as so many gun owners do] to brag about having one.

I first found out he had one when I was a a teenager and he shot a cat which had gotten its paw caught under a door in our basement and went crazy trying to free itself. My dad popped the cat to keep it from getting loose and hurting anybody.

He never encouraged or discouraged any of his six kids to get one. By the time I was an adult, I had forgotten he had one until I just happened to see it one day when he unlocked his glove compartment with me in the car.

Owning a gun, in and of itself, is not a problem. It is, after all, just a tool. It is how people choose to use that tool which lead to problems. And, my perception, it is the rare person who has enough sense to own one responsibly.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I have known a lot of folks who own guns, some who carry legally, some illegally. I have never had a compelling reason to get one myself, but have had many compelling reasons not to. One of those compelling reasons not to was during my divorce when I might have killed my then wife if I knew how to load a clip into the gun she carried around in her purse.

I have never been in a situation in my 59 years of life which would have turned out better if I had had a gun on me.

I have never personally known a gun owner, with the possible exception of my late father, who got into less trouble with one than without one. I think my father may have been the exception to that because he never talked about it, never showed it to anybody, and never felt the need [as so many gun owners do] to brag about having one.

I first found out he had one when I was a a teenager and he shot a cat which had gotten its paw caught under a door in our basement and went crazy trying to free itself. My dad popped the cat to keep it from getting loose and hurting anybody.

He never encouraged or discouraged any of his six kids to get one. By the time I was an adult, I had forgotten he had one until I just happened to see it one day when he unlocked his glove compartment with me in the car.

Owning a gun, in and of itself, is not a problem. It is, after all, just a tool. It is how people choose to use that tool which lead to problems. And, my perception, it is the rare person who has enough sense to own one responsibly.
I have a similar history. Until recently, I never had a reason to own one. But these fools are doing things that show they dont care about life

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
i use too in my younger days....
not any more....
but i still got my louie wood in the trunk just in case...lol

one love
khasm
A slugger to the ribs works. lol

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Do you still? Or was this during your thug phase?..

No, i have body guards now, that carry the heat ... :look:

But back in the day, i useta work 3-11 shift, had to travel at night alone, come into an empty house.

I don't do that anymore.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.