Gun Ownership : DO YOU CARRY A WEAPON FOR PROTECTION?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Khasm13 said:
if u look menacing then the .45 will do the finishing...

don't get me wrong...i don't wanna hurt nobody
but if it's a choice between me and u...
it's gonna be YOU all day long...

one love
khasm
:whip: Understood :toast: :flamet: :peace:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh

Destee said:
I useta carry a gun on my person.

Years ago i worked the night shift, coming home after midnight, to an empty house alone.

I didn't buy the gun for this ... i bought the gun to kill the next man that tried to take my cat ... but that's another story.

I already owned the gun, and when i started working night shifts, i had another use for it. Every night i'd get out of the car, with it in my hand and loaded. I'd walk through the house, making sure that everything was as it should be, before locking the door behind me and putting it away.

I didn't live in a terribly bad area of town or anything, it was just the idea that i was a woman, coming home alone, to an empty house, and would be at a great disadvantage if a man was inside waiting. The gun seemed to even the playing field some, should there be a burglar inside or lurking in the bushes. There never was. I'm in the same house now, and have never been burglarized. In spite of this, i obviously felt the need for these preventative measures at the time.

It did begin to get a bit taxing, always pulling out this 38 before going into the house at night. Because nothing ever happened, i even got lax about it. I eventually put in an alarm system, that gave me to know upon entry into the house, if someone had been or was inside.

So i didn't need to carry the gun out of the house anymore.

I have more gun stories, including the one briefly mentioned above, that prompted me to buy my first one.

Great topic. Thanks for starting it Brother Kemetstry.

:heart:

Destee
:geek:

So are we talking a real cat or.........never mind :10500:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Kemetstry ... this thread reminds me of author Kenneth V. F. Blanchard, Black Man With a Gun.

He is a Member here, posted once, and visited with us in chat. He talked about the importance of proper gun ownership, and how most Black People get in trouble with guns, because we're not aware of the laws surrounding them. He is on a mission to help Black People know, even striving to become the first Black President of the NRA ... if no mistake ... i believe he told us that when he was here.

Of course i invited him to host a class with us, and he said he'd consider it.

Just sharing.

Destee

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Noticing You Didnt Answer the Question lol

Destee said:
Kemetstry ... this thread reminds me of author Kenneth V. F. Blanchard, Black Man With a Gun.

He is a Member here, posted once, and visited with us in chat. He talked about the importance of proper gun ownership, and how most Black People get in trouble with guns, because we're not aware of the laws surrounding them. He is on a mission to help Black People know, even striving to become the first Black President of the NRA ... if no mistake ... i believe he told us that when he was here.

Of course i invited him to host a class with us, and he said he'd consider it.

Just sharing.

Destee

I think everyone should know about the local gun laws in their state. They should also apply for a CCW. :coffee: There is nothing wrong with being prepared for trouble. Some know their personalities are such that they shouldnt have a gun. :explode: But knowing is twice the battle. I hope you can get him to at least write regular articles on gun ownership and safety :welldone:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Kemetstry said:
Noticing You Didnt Answer the Question lol
you said never mind ... :look:

Kemetstry said:
I hope you can get him to at least write regular articles on gun ownership and safety :welldone:
You should post to his guestbook, asking him to come and speak with us here at destee. This way he knows it's more than just me, that is interested in the information he has to share ... :wink:

Destee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : She sweet and blackwith a tremendous street actboys carry her bookseven the dairy is shookover the milk in her breastsshe's wearing a silk dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : She sweet and black with a tremendous street act boys carry her books even the dairy is shook over the milk in her breasts she's wearing a silk dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : The verbal is a twist energetic This is pathetic like a list of medics That carry folks and these very quotes Belong on a stretcher usually this choke Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Texas pastor says he'll now carry gun while preaching Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Some of these girls begin to carry BEN AND JERRY ice cream // It's free today be a nice que Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
R Black Poetry : these rhymes like a truck carry loads and bury codes when I spin my wheels in mud and begin to feel Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black History Month: We carry the imprints of people and places African American History Culture 37
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Google blimps will carry wireless signal across Africa Science and Technology 1
$$RICH$$ Black Men : What do we carry or offer Black Men 24
R Black Poetry : Carry On Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Black Folks Are to Carry The Burden Of guilt? Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : MUTINY ON THE LIFE BOAT THAT CARRY US TO THE DESTRUCTION OF BLACK PEOPLE Chief Elder Osiris 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : BEING BLACK CARRY NO INDEPENDENT VALUE IN THE WORLD TODAY Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : To Remain Asleep In The Time Of Enlightenment, Carry A Heavy Price!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
G Black People : Who will carry on rights movement? Black People Open Forum 3
M Black Poetry : Carry a plan like a military command it’s an about face Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Humble The Elders That Carry The Cross Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
N Black Poetry : I Carry a Small Spiral Notebook w/Large Complex Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
T Black Muslims : The weapon of Faith Islam Study Group 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Joe Biden’s secret weapon against Hillary Clinton? Honesty. Black People Politics 0
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : Vaccines are the perfect weapon for population control. Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : Detroit Financial Dictator Uses Water as Weapon Black People Open Forum 7
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Syria intervention plan fueled by oil interests, not chemical weapon concern Black People Politics 1
RAPTOR Black People : Rape of Iraqi Women by US Forces as Weapon of War: Photos and Data Emerge Black People Open Forum 7
S Gun Ownership : What Is An Assault Weapon? Do You Really Know? The Difference? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 17
Therious Gun Ownership : Favorite Weapon? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 32
Keita Kenyatta Science and Technology : Today In Tech Silence Gun: Strange Weapon Of The Future Immediately Quiets You, Whether You Like It Science and Technology 1
hartwell Black People : 6 Ways Food is Being Used as a Weapon Black People Open Forum 5
Amnat77 Black People : 40 Women Bodyguards Gadhafi 's Secret Weapon? Highly Trained, High-Heel Wearing Virgi Black People Open Forum 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Vain Ego Tripping Is A Dangerous Weapon In The Act Of Shielding The Evil Of Envy And Chief Elder Osiris 1
Ankhur Black People : British empire secret weapon / Cops armed with hypnosis skills? Black People Open Forum 3
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Religion By Any Other Name Or Group Remain A Weapon Used Against Black People Chief Elder Osiris 0
Therious Black People Politics : Obama a new weapon-their new angle Black People Politics 17
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : McCain's "Secret" Weapon Omowale Jabali 6
T Black People : ‘Self-Help’: A Stolen Word Wielded as a Weapon Against Black Activism Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE GREATEST WEAPON USED TO DEFEAT THE BLACK WORLD Chief Elder Osiris 2
DARKSIDE MAGICK Black Spirituality Religion : THE PINEAL WEAPON Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : OUR FIRST WAY ANCESTORS HAVE DELIVERED TO US THE WEAPON THAT WILL SECURE OUR SAFETY A Chief Elder Osiris 23
I Black People : The real Weapon of mass destruction Black People Open Forum 0
P Black People : An AIDS weapon close to home? Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Reparation, A Weapon To Be UsedFor Our Liberation Or For Our Spiritual Suicide Chief Elder Osiris 0
M Black Poetry : HER PAIN IS HER WEAPON Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
K Black People : Biological Weapon Infecting According to Skin Color Black People Open Forum 8
D Black Poetry : The Weapon of Choice Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
N Black Poetry : No Weapon............ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
HODEE Black People Politics : CFPD _ The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Black People Politics 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Protection Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
chuck Law Forum : equal protection under the law Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : Gad-Vodou Spirits of Protection Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Monsanto Protection Act may soon be Repealed thanks to Activism Black People Open Forum 4