Gun Ownership : DO YOU CARRY A WEAPON FOR PROTECTION?

Zulile

Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
This convo brought up an old memory - wow - I guess I was about 4-5 years old, standing in a lift - we had just returned from the park - and some altercation happened.. I see my mom running towards the lift shouting "close the doors!" and behind her is this the HUGE woman - who promptly got in the lift and beat the sht out of my mom. Us kids, Tennis rackets/baseball bat in hand did nothing. (not that we could have..) that's a trip down memory lane! :look:

I hear that the stats will tell you the majority of people are killed by people they know - or killed by their own weapons. I dont know (m)any killers, nor have any weapons - my chances are survival beat those who do. But most importantly, I sincerely have no fear of death. That doesnt mean I walk into stupid situations - my gut instict is strong - and in all my near misses (from living on the streets , military coups, backpacking the middle east, hand to mouth living etc) I've been apprehensive, but not scared of DEATH.

My most valuable possessions are not tangible - I was once robbed of my steering wheel. :lol: still gotta laugh to this day. I drove to the nearest garage with a wrench on the steering shaft.. :lol: :lol:

This was a nice trip down memory lane :) No. definietly no weapons for me. I'm my own good luck charm ;)

Metaverse

Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
Growing up in a high crime area has taught me a few things. One, carrying a gun does not always protect you. Especially if you are not as trained with that weapon as your attacker. I've even know people to shot themselves with their own weapons because of lack of knowledge. Your attacker will most likely be more skilled with his weapon, unless of course- like your attacker you train constantly for different situations. Not that carrying a weapon will not protect you in most cases, but your greatest weapon will be your ability to outsmart your attacker either way.

I truly support survival training for all people who live in high crime areas.
http://www.maximumforceenterprises.com/home.htm

Carrying a weapon might make you feel safe, and as well it might make you walk into situations you would otherwise walk away from. I trained for awhile when I was younger in martial arts and boxing. My instructor always told us that because we are skilled did not mean we should go looking for a fight, or that even when we are threatened that we should use our skills either. He always made sure to mention that we learned these skills to defend ourselves against possible harm. Ironically, most of the mental techniques I was taught allowed me to face my opponents without ever fighting them.

There's a recent movie with Jodie Foster called "The Brave One"

In this movie Foster's character goes through a very terrible situation that eventually leads her to purchase an illegal handgun to protect herself. The film clearly displays situations she could've walked away from, but she didn't because she was carrying a pistol, and in a sense was also carrying a grudge.
In the midst of all this, she becomes a vigilante. I imagine that after this movie allot of White folks went home and loaded up their pistols too. Because she clearly represented scared White people in this film.

I do however believe in weapons when it comes down to defending your home especially against home invasions which are on the rise. Women especially are targeted, because they are appear to be easy prey. At the same time, knowing how to act in public, drive your car and walk into your home is all part of defense.

There are also very spiritual techniques that Blackbird mentioned. There are ways to protect yourself against certain energies. People who hate you, may seek to harm you, the metaphysical cure for that is to seek out those who hate you before they seek you out and deal with the energy directly. Attackers come out suddenly out of dark corners, but they are attracted to us because many of us are unprotected spiritually. Using the correct mantras for defense is key.

Natinr

Banned
Jan 15, 2008
Spiritual handguns

MetaSaience said:
Growing up in a high crime area has taught me a few things. One, carrying a gun does not always protect you. Especially if you are not as trained with that weapon as your attacker. I've even know people to shot themselves with their own weapons because of lack of knowledge. Your attacker will most likely be more skilled with his weapon, unless of course- like your attacker you train constantly for different situations. Not that carrying a weapon will not protect you in most cases, but your greatest weapon will be your ability to outsmart your attacker either way.

I truly support survival training for all people who live in high crime areas.
http://www.maximumforceenterprises.com/home.htm

Carrying a weapon might make you feel safe, and as well it might make you walk into situations you would otherwise walk away from. I trained for awhile when I was younger in martial arts and boxing. My instructor always told us that because we are skilled did not mean we should go looking for a fight, or that even when we are threatened that we should use our skills either. He always made sure to mention that we learned these skills to defend ourselves against possible harm. Ironically, most of the mental techniques I was taught allowed me to face my opponents without ever fighting them.

There's a recent movie with Jodie Foster called "The Brave One"

In this movie Foster's character goes through a very terrible situation that eventually leads her to purchase an illegal handgun to protect herself. The film clearly displays situations she could've walked away from, but she didn't because she was carrying a pistol, and in a sense was also carrying a grudge.
In the midst of all this, she becomes a vigilante. I imagine that after this movie allot of White folks went home and loaded up their pistols too. Because she clearly represented scared White people in this film.

I do however believe in weapons when it comes down to defending your home especially against home invasions which are on the rise. Women especially are targeted, because they are appear to be easy prey. At the same time, knowing how to act in public, drive your car and walk into your home is all part of defense.

There are also very spiritual techniques that Blackbird mentioned. There are ways to protect yourself against certain energies. People who hate you, may seek to harm you, the metaphysical cure for that is to seek out those who hate you before they seek you out and deal with the energy directly. Attackers come out suddenly out of dark corners, but they are attracted to us because many of us are unprotected spiritually. Using the correct mantras for defense is key.
backfire in ireparable ways compared to a bullet,
the dark side arts of Africa take no shorts!
:witch:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
PositiveMindset said:
I do not. I like to think that I am protected by the power of JAH & if something was 2 happen 2 me, it was just supposed 2. I fear no man becuz they can only take my life, whereas JAH can take my soul.
:weights: :deal: Jah protects those who protects themselves? I'm jus sayin

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Zulile said:
no need to add to the stress by stressing out the likely already armed criminal ;) besides, if someone wants something badly enough to break in and steal it from me - they are welcome to it - just dont break my windows/doors (or me! :lol:) I dont even lock up. I have been in a multitude of seriously sticky situations, and my plain 'being' has been my strongest defense to date.
I believe a break in includes doors and windows dear. And if you're in the house, it may include you:playball:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.