Black People : Do Native Americans / Indians celebrate Thanksgiving ? ... How do they observe this day?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Family ... do Native Americans / Indians 'nem ... celebrate Thanksgiving ?

(What is the most respectful way to say it ... Native Americans, Indians ... what?)

How do they observe this day ?

If one enjoys the day off from work, benefit of the day, are they "celebrate'n" Thanksgiving ?

Them dere iz da questions ... if you wanna take a poke at 'em ... :teach:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Orisons

Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
Family ... do Native Americans / Indians 'nem ... celebrate Thanksgiving ?

(What is the most respectful way to say it ... Native Americans, Indians ... what?)

How do they observe this day ?

If one enjoys the day off from work, benefit of the day, are they "celebrate'n" Thanksgiving ?

Them dere iz da questions ... if you wanna take a poke at 'em ... :teach:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee
Why on earth would or should they?

What possible upside does the USA and all of the other European controlled countries being formed in the Americas on their ancestors territory in general have for them, as opposed to being a reminder of just how many indigenous cultures have been completely exterminated by the ongoing White Supremacist Racist onslaught?

Australia’s aboriginals who find themselves less than 3rd class citizens in their homeland [with no rights or even reservations of their own] have a day of mourning on the day their PALEFACE conquerors [literally exterminated all of the indigenous Tasmanians] celebrate the arrival of Captain Cook in Botany Bay; in that while the whites are celebrating, a large group of them gather further down the beach and throw a funeral wreath into the water/acknowledging all their ancestors for whom the coming of whites literally meant DEATH.

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Do I celebrate Thanksgiving? No, I don't celebrate. But I do take advantage of the holiday and get together with family and friends to share a large meal without once thinking of the Thanksgiving in 1621. I think it is the same in many Native households. It is ironic that Thanksgiving takes place during American Indian and Alaskan Native Heritage Month. An even greater irony is that more Americans today identify the day after Thanksgiving as Black Friday than as National American Indian Heritage Day.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2160786/

Most "natives" that I know prefer to be identified as American Indian, as in the American Indian Movement (AIM).

I'm Becoming Me

Jul 6, 2013
Occupation
Lover & Fighter...
To me, it's just a day to get together with friends and loved ones and an excuse to overeat. :lol: I wouldn't say I celebrate it at all to be honest....

I seriously doubt Native Americans do....

houserunner

Feb 12, 2010
In taking participation of the two words, thanking for giving... yes. Other than that I don't think anyone really celebrates the distant history. As far as I'm concerned you can call Thanksgiving "Getting Together Day" and Christmas "Getting Together Day: The Sequel". No one has to be tied down by others definitions and mindsets when most are plainly chillin', nothing more, nothing less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nilevalley Black People Politics : I often wonder how Native Americans feel when they hear Donald Trump call for constructing a wall. Black People Politics 17
gogounited Black People : Native Americans and Black People. Black People Open Forum 32
B Black People : DARK-SKINNED Washutaw Muurs: Real Native Americans Black People Open Forum 67
Ankhur Black People : The untold story of Native Americans catching hell from the oil spill Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Message from Native Americans to Chevron destroying the Amazon Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : How the Native Americans got Their Reparations Black People Open Forum 10
kemetkind Black People : If euros Owe Us Reparations, do we owe native americans? Black People Open Forum 49
Destee Black People : THANKSGIVING - How Would You Feel If Native Americans Celebrated Slavery? Black People Open Forum 43
P Black People : Honoring Native Americans with Disrespect Black People Open Forum 3
J Black Authors : book on links between black and native americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Hamma Egypt : Native/indigenous New Zealanders or Maori may have come from Ancient Egypt according to Gerald Massey book! Egypt 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The Day a Native American Tribe Drove the KKK Out of Town The North Carolina Klan thought burning crosses would scare the Lumbee tribe out of Robeson Black People Open Forum 1
nilevalley Black People : November 28th America calls it Thanksgiving Native America renamed it"The National Day Of Mourning" Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : 'Black Muslims' to blame for high school students' confrontation with Native American, mother claims Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Suspected MAGA bomber identified as ‘Native American Trump supporter’ Cesar Sayoc Black People Politics 7
chuck Black People Politics : Let's Do Share Our Thoughts About Those Native Resistors In North Dakota Too! Black People Politics 0
RAPTOR Black People : The Canary Effect:"The grim legacy of America's treatment of its native peoples" Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 African American History Culture : South Carolina Native's DNA Spans back 338K Years African American History Culture 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : American Holocaust of Native American Indians (FULL Documentary) Black People Open Forum 0
Omowale Jabali Black Muslims : Native American Muslim Stories Islam Study Group 7
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Eurocentricity and the Rape of Black Native Cultures Omowale Jabali 136
H Black People : Afrocentricity and the Robbing of Native American Cultures Black People Open Forum 66
noor100 Black People : Native activist Means has inoperable cancer Black People Open Forum 3
HODEE Black People : $50,000 or More...African American-Native American farmers and ranchers Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Native Canadians protest the G20 Black People Open Forum 1
I R.I.P. to native american freedom fighter Honoring Black Ancestors 2
I Black Spirituality Religion : Native american prophecies. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Metaverse Black People : NATIVE AMERICAN SLAVE MASTERS? Black People Open Forum 50
Knowledge Seed Black People : Black Native American Nations Black People Open Forum 7
naija-man Black People Politics : Native American President. Black People Politics 3
OmowaleX The Louisiana Native Guard Honoring Black Ancestors 0
T Black People : Native American Sister tells the white people to there face how savage they are!! Black People Open Forum 15
D Ghana : Ghana native adopts African American children Ghana 14
anAfrican Black People : Purentee PNW Native! Black People Open Forum 0
SAMURAI36 Black Spirituality Religion : Native American Spiritual Devices Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
P Black People : Native Groups Mourn on Thanksgiving Day Black People Open Forum 6
caramelpython Black Poetry : Native Desire Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
J Pan Africanism : black and native american links black indians African American History Culture 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : For Black Americans, a Heritage Trip to West Africa Can Be Life-Changing Black Travel 0
imhotep06 African American History Culture : Renaming African-Americans: The Ba.Nkole and our new totem. African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : New book reveals Malcolm X secretly met the KKK to discuss setting up a ‘separate state’ for Black Americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
C Black People : The Mind Of Black Afrikan Americans Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People Politics : SIGN THE PETITION: Demand Congress implement vote-by-mail for all Americans! Black People Politics 2
HODEE Law Forum : Chances of African Americans ( LIFE ) Historically have been Shaped by Race. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
S Health and Wellness : Corona Virus more prevalent among African Americans? Really? Black Health and Wellness 7
HODEE Black People Politics : Americans should prepare for coronavirus crisis in U.S., CDC says Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : First 24-hour news channel "by and for" African Americans set to launch during Black History Month Black People Doing Positive Things 8
Vhedza1 African American History Culture : American Aborigines: First Americans African American History Culture 1
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Americans Want Congress Members To Pee In Cups To Prove They’re Not On Drugs Black People Politics 2