Black People : Do I dare tread in this direction?

dnommo

Mar 19, 2001
Baltimore, Md.
Occupation
Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
coco

Men should be equally responsible for raising the child but that means more than just monetary funding. I feel that it is unfair for men to continually financially support a child and yet they cannot see the child for the mother doesn't WANT the man in the child's life. My question is this? If the woman doesn't want the man to ahve anything to do with the child, then why take him for child support? I'm not talking about all scenarios of this, just this particular area. This is unfair and makes the process an opening for the child to feel depraved and the father to alienate his child. This, is the mother's decision and the man must suffer. It also gives a bad impression of the mother and her intentions.

Once again i say that the responsibility should fall on both parties as well as time spent with the child...

cocobutterskyn

May 25, 2001
Sixburgh, Pa.
Occupation
Spreading Joy.... need some?
Dnommo

As always I welcome your comments. I agree with your financial view, I've believe money is valuable in the raising of children, but time, quality time spent is also just has valuable. A father/parent could send massive amounts of money, however I feel its the emotional and physical contact that the children need most. I would also like to add that, I personally applaud a man who can admit to his shortcomings. I know it's difficult for anyone to do so and even more difficult for men. I feel (some)men base most situations as an attack on his manhood, which he holds so dear. It's not always the case. Wrong is wrong, right is right. It's all about doing whats morally correct, be it man or woman. By the way, I totally agree with the splinter and plank remark. I smiled while reading it. We as being human do it often with many situations. Thanks.

MadLove:heart: Coco

cocobutterskyn

May 25, 2001
Sixburgh, Pa.
Occupation
Kem, Kem ,Kem

Just when I think we've reached common ground you go and flip- flop on me. I agree to agree with half of what you've stated. We as a people need to take back the moral high ground, not only women. Well, Kem I truly must say it's been an interesting discussion. I enjoyed tossing opinions around with you. Thanks
Also thanks to, Thandi,Nexis and Dnommo, It's been a pleasure.

cocobutterskyn

May 25, 2001
Sixburgh, Pa.
Occupation
Ok Kem

I agree 2+2=4:D
I accept my 50%:D
I agree men are not responsible:D
I agree women make bad choices:D
Now am I a good lil girl?:D

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.