Pets / Animals : Do Cats Get Bathed, Like Dogs?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I've never owned a cat, but am wondering, do they get bathed like dogs?

I've never seen or heard tell of anyone bathing their cat.

Does that happen? Do cats let their owners bathe them in water?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Mercyless1803

Apr 12, 2012
California
I don't think its right to bathe a cat. I think their body will try its best to reject the water. Of course it can be done but I don't think its right because of how their body reacts from fear. You will be lucky if they don't scratch your eyes out with anger LOL

I m going to assume Cats bathe themselves clean from licking themselves.

lilpea

STAFF
Sep 8, 2005
(G.I.)- Better known as Gary,In.
Occupation
retired
Greetings Sister Destee...

I've had both cats and dogs..and my answer would be NO!!!! Not unless u have had your cat de-clawed and that is not a wise move. The claws as you know are for protection and climbing. It is true that cats don't like water. They will avoid it when ever possible. But u still can clean your cat...there are cleaners that can be used. Most come in a pressurized can that foam up. When used it both deodorize and frees the cat of bugs..it's bushed in to reach the skin...then wiped off. Be advised the first thing your cat is going to want to do is go outside and play in the grass or dirt. But the foam will keep away any bugs they might pick up. Again this should not be used too often as it will dry out the skin.

The same can be used in the winter for dogs..as it is often too cold to wash a dog then.

Lilpea...:1on1:

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Yes, you can bathe a cat, but at your own risk even if they haven't been de-clawed! LOL Talk about feral...whew...lol There are obvious signs they display when they are upset and about to act stupid. Pay particular attention to when their ears flatten out, their eyes glaze over and they growl. That's not a time when you want to be near them. lol

Actually, lilpea, I have cats that like water, which I find interesting.

MsVeraisblessed

Jan 30, 2012
I'm agreeing NNQueen. Yes you have to be extra careful when bathe'n a cat. I have been bit and scratched for doing this. My kids when they was young spray painted our grey tomcat, Buster green. It took me forever to get that paint off of him and each time i was scratched and bit. Bad a'z kids i had back then. LOL..

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I'm agreeing NNQueen. Yes you have to be extra careful when bathe'n a cat. I have been bit and scratched for doing this. My kids when they was young spray painted our grey tomcat, Buster green. It took me forever to get that paint off of him and each time i was scratched and bit. Bad a'z kids i had back then. LOL..
:lol:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Thank Yall So Much! While i kinda figured cats didn't like baths, i had no first hand account, never seen it on tv or anything ... but yall have made the picture so clear ... wow ... lol Sister MsVera at the babies paint'n the cat ... oh gosh ... :)

Great information ... i didn't know there was a can of stuff you could use ... thanks for that Brother LilPea!

Cat Owners Represent'n! :toast:

:heart:

Destee

largo

Nov 15, 2009
Some cats very much dislike the water, other cats like water. And some cats are indifferent. So, know the cat before you bathe it. Some (maybe most) will be pissed and some won't mind.

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
yeap been there and done that. hell my friend's parent's dog even hates baths. they are having a hard time giving his bad a** a bath lol..i told them the next time i come visit, i will help them bathe it and see if I can give it some of that Angelic touch lol

MimiBelle

Dec 13, 2010
Texas...for now.
Occupation
RN-BSN
I think there are times when you can bathe a cat?

My brother has four and I've heard of him doing it. Not often, though.
Some cats like water and some done as others have said. I've known cats that were loners, but I've also encountered a cat that was about as affectionate and needy as a dog. Just depends on the animal and, I suppose, how they're socialized as babies.
I'd be trying to bathe my cats.
It's not like cats are actually 'clean'. Just covered in cat spit...
Eww.

yeap been there and done that. hell my friend's parent's dog even hates baths. they are having a hard time giving his bad a** a bath lol..i told them the next time i come visit, i will help them bathe it and see if I can give it some of that Angelic touch lol
*laugh*
Yeah. Some dogs can't stand water, either.
If he's not a messy dog, maybe they could use wipes and freshen him up every day? That helps.
I have 2 dogs that hate baths. My oldest dog, 'Mimi', used to battle me down every time I approached anything that looked like a basin. If it's a sink basin? Out came those little legs and she'd just be bracing the sides with each foot. Pulling up as I pushed her down.
If it's a tub? She'd be trying to climb up my body by any means necessary.
Only way that I can bathe her is to take her to the groomers...or have my fiance hold her.
She loves wipes. She sees me approaching with the wipe container and has the nerve to roll up on her back and wait. My youngest dog, still a puppy, is starting to mimic her older sister's antics.
Hot mess.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍