Black People : Did yall know some of the most famous pirates of the carribean were black?

PoeticManifesta

Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
I was looking at one of our local public broadcasting stations , and it had a very interesting program about the denied heritage of african american piratres. White folk did not want to let the slaves know that while they were planting cotton, famous pirates like black beard was living quite lavishly.. heres what I found.. Pirates of the Carribean- Nat. Geographic
I have always been a fan of blackbeard.. however ive never known he was black... surely Jonny Depp on the pirates of the Carribean wasnt black.. surely Shemar Moore wouldve done justice to that role.. :?: indeed.. indeed! :drink:

HODEE

Jul 2, 2003
( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
Occupation
(RF) Technician
Great post. I didn't read that Black Beard was black, ( I could have misread the article ) but I didn't know of the contributions black pirates made on the high seas. Thanks for sharing. I will do more research later, this is interesting.

AHMOSE

Feb 6, 2005
Educating the Diaspora
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I must admit I never gave any credence to pirates being black, but thanks to this posting I will. So much history has been tainted by conquerors thats why its so important to search out the true history.

PoeticManifesta

Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
Shonuff..

Foreal. though.. i find this very very interesting.. I wonder if robin hood was blk as well? hmm.. u know hwo white folk always wanna claim the heroes!

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.