Black Money Business Jobs : Destee.com Investment Club (temporary)

Would you like to participate in the online FAKE investment game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
We all know that our salaries (with bonuses), bank savings, retirement funds (pensions and 401ks), and social security payments will NOT be enough for most of us to live off of comfortably after our working years are over. Hence, we must find a way to supplement these sources of income. The solution, IMO, is investing in the stock market.

Before investing our hard-earned money into the stock market, we must first learn about personal finance, i.e., personal budgeting, banking services, etc. We also must identify what type of investor we will be by determining how much risk we are willing to take (or, in other words, how much money we are willing to lose). The answers to these question will help us to:

• diversify our portfolio,
  • select company stocks for our portfolio by evaluating the company, and
  • how to manage our portfolios.
Once the initial portfolio is created, we, then, must learn how to choose new stocks to replace under-performing stocks in our portfolio.

We can learn how to do all of this in an investment club. Therefore, the purpose of the club will be multi-faceted.

The main purpose of the investment club is to learn about personal finance and investing only. We will NOT invest in the stock market with "real" money. If you would like to do that, you can do that on your own after consulting a financial adviser. However, you can practice investing in a stock market investment game, with fake money. The online investment game will help you to master your investment strategy and compete with others in the club before you use that strategy on your own with your own money.

So, if you are interested in sharing your investment knowledge and/or learning about investing in the stock market or if you would only like to participate in the online investment game, let us know in this thread.

I suggest creating the online fake investment game on Investopedia.com. If you have suggestions for the fake investment game, post it in this thread.

All thoughts, suggestions, and comments are welcome Fam.

Peace

Last edited:

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
To get some people started on understanding the basics of investing, check out the Stock Basics tutorial on investopedia.com. I think this site does a great job explaining how to trade stocks, bonds, mutual funds, index funds, and FOREX (foreign exchange) currencies.

If you know of any other sites which provide great investing explanations for investing beginners, please do share.

Last edited:

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
Take the Financial Self-Assessment Quiz below to learn your risk tolerance. Then, review the model portfolio that corresponds to your score. Each model portfolio suggests investing in certain percentages of different asset classes.

Once you review these asset class percentages, you can choose from the specific investment options offered within each asset class.

Self-Assessment Quiz

For each question below, place a 2, 3, 4, or 5 as its individual score. When you have answered all 10 questions, add up the score for all 10 questions to determine your overall or total score. The total score will help determine your risk tolerance when you compare it to the score ranges below.

SCORING: 5 = Strongly Agree 4 = Agree 3 = Disagree 2 = Strongly Disagree

Financial Goals Section

1. Investments: I do not need a high level of current income from my investments. I’m more interested in their long-term growth potential.

Your Score ___________

2. Large expenses: I have set aside savings to cover large expenses like purchasing a home, college tuition or a financial emergency.

Your Score ___________

3. Inflation: I am concerned about the effects of inflation on my investments.

Your Score ___________

Risk Tolerance Section

4. Volatility: I can tolerate sharp ups and downs in the short-term value of my investments in return for potential long-term gains.

Your Score ___________

5. Risk vs. reward: Hypothetically, I prefer an investment that has a 50 percent chance of losing five percent and a 50 percent chance of gaining 20 percent in one year, rather than an investment that will assure a five percent return in one year.

Your Score ___________

6. Decline in value: I am comfortable holding on to an investment even though it drops sharply in value.

Your Score ___________

7. Equity investing: I am willing to take the risks associated with stocks in order to earn a potential return greater than the rate of inflation.

Your Score ___________

8. Knowledge of risk: I consider myself knowledgeable about the risks and potential returns associated with investing in stocks and other types of securities

Your Score ___________

Time Horizon

9. Your personal time line: In how many years do you plan to utilize the results of your investment strategy?

5 = More than 15 4 = More then 10 3 = More than 5 2 = Less than 5

Your Score ___________

10. Long-term investing: I am comfortable with an investment that may take 10 years to provide the returns I expect.

SCORING: 5 = Strongly Agree 4 = Agree 3 = Disagree 2 = Strongly Disagree

Your Score ___________

Add all scores for each question together to get your Total Score ________.

Now, find your score range for your Total Score. The score range will identify your risk tolerance as well as what type of investor you happen to be. For example, if your total score is 40, then your score range is 39 - 44 and you are a Moderately Aggressive Investor. The lower your score is the more conservative you are as an investor (low risk for small gains). The higher your score is the riskier you are as an investor (large risks for large gains).

RISK TOLERANCE

45-50 Aggressive Investor

39-44 Moderately Aggressive Investor

33-38 Moderate Investor

27-32 Moderately Conservative Investor

20-26 Conservative Investor

Total Score____________

Below are my answers to the Self-Assessment Quiz.

1. 5
2. 4
3. 5
4. 5
5. 5
6. 5
7. 5
8. 5
9. 5
10. 5

Total Score = 49

My score is in the 45-50 score range. Therefore, I am an AGGRESSIVE INVESTOR type.

:D

See below for the type of portfolio I would create as an Aggressive Investor.

Portfolio Mix 2.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Charles Thompson The Front Porch : Greetings to all of you very wise destee com posters from me again!!!!! The Front Porch 7
Destee 20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Find Black Sites Older Than destee.com Destee's Thoughts 21
Destee 20th Birthday : 20 Years Online - destee.com Destee's Thoughts 24
S Black People : Trolling Destee.com: "I Got Kicked Off Destee.com Today" Black People Open Forum 29
chuck Black People Politics : What Are Your Takes On The First Presidential Debate Destee.Com Posters? Black People Politics 2
chuck Black People : How Do You Really Feel And Think About The Black Lives Matter Phenomenon Destee.com Posters!!! Black People Open Forum 7
Destee Destee Network : destee.com Destee Network : 1
Destee Support : YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM DESTEE.COM - Whaaaat??!! Why??!! Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 22
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Guidance for Black America - From the Voices of Destee.com Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Destee Black People : destee.com's 17th Year Birthday Celebration - The Month of October, 2014 !! Black People Open Forum 11
Destee Black People : Are there other sites JUST like destee.com ? Black People Open Forum 24
S Science and Technology : Searching Destee.com from Internet Search Engines (google.com, duckduckgo.com, etc.) Science and Technology 0
Destee Black People : Destee.com Needs Your Financial Help to Stay Alive and Grow Black People Open Forum 78
KMeister Black People : Why Can't I Do and Say What I Want - When I Want - Where I Want - How I Want - at Destee.com Black People Open Forum 30
Destee Black People : Destee.com's 16th Year - (October 5, 1997) - Happy Birthday To Us! Black People Open Forum 32
Destee Black People : How Many People Have You Run Away From Destee.com ? Black People Open Forum 48
Destee Support : How To Play Games at Destee.com Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 12
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black People : Nonprofit Merger (Destee.com and BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE) Black People Open Forum 6
Umar Black Money Business Jobs : Destee.com - The Power of Social Networking Black Money Business Jobs 6
L Black People : Breaking News: Destee (aka D'Blizzy) of Destee.com Catches Major Case Black People Open Forum 69
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.com - 15 Years Old! Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Destee's Thoughts destee.com - 15 Years Old! Destee's Thoughts 50
OldSoul OldSoul : Consciousness Raising OnLine September 30 Noon ET BlogTalkRadio.com/DESTEE OldSoul 0
Destee Black People : BlogTalkRadio Tonight @ 12 am ET! Feel Like Talking? Join us at blogtalkradio.com/destee Black People Open Forum 7
Destee Black People : destee.com on Blogtalk Radio - In The Midnight Hour - Our First Show is TONIGHT - 12 am ET Black People Open Forum 32
Destee Black People : Do You Have Skype - If So - Add - destee.com - our skype name Black People Open Forum 4
Tutorials Audio Video Web Conferencing : How To Easily Navigate Destee.com - Video Tutorial Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Tutorials Audio Video Web Conferencing : How To Register At Destee.com - (it's Free!) - Video Tutorial Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Tutorials Support : How To Register At Destee.com (it's Free!) - Video Tutorial Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 0
Tutorials Audio Video Web Conferencing : Destee.tv : Destee.com Voice Video Chat Tutorial Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Destee's Thoughts destee.com - Happy Birthday To Us - 2012 Destee's Thoughts 26
Ms Drea Black People : DESTEE.COM ~~ TRIVIA CONTEST~~ Black People Open Forum 9
Proverbs31Woman Black People : What I learned while at Destee.com... Win a Year of Premium Membership!! Black People Open Forum 51
$$RICH$$ Black People : HAPPY BIRTHDAY DESTEE.COM Black People Open Forum 101
Destee Destee's Thoughts destee.com - Countdown to Our 14th Birthday! Destee's Thoughts 49
T Black Spirituality Religion : DESTEE.COM MEET JEREMIAH CAMARA Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
$$RICH$$ Black People : MERRY CHRISTMAS from Destee.com Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : Why I Love Destee.com Black People Open Forum 29
S Science and Technology : Destee.com through RSS. Science and Technology 13
S Phones and Apps : Let's create a Destee.com Iphone application. Science and Technology 5
Metaverse Black People : Youtube Projects for Destee.com Black People Open Forum 53
brown_h0rnet Group Think : Calling On The Destee.com Family [LAST CALL!] Group Think Project-Group 22
R Black Poetry : Destee.com means?? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black People : Destee.com means?? Black People Open Forum 25
Metaverse Black People : Help Promote Destee.com Black People Open Forum 27
Destee Group Think : Old destee.com Newsletters Group Think Project-Group 6
brown_h0rnet Group Think : The Call To Action (Destee.com Competition) Group Think Project-Group 17
R Sister's Only Chat : To the Kings of Destee.com Black Women 25
Zulile Black People : Destee.com NEWS Black People Open Forum 60
T Black People : How to Use the R.R. with Destee.com Black People Open Forum 1